• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/24/1970

I'm sorry Christ's free servant but I do not agree that God addresses us now through dreams and visions. As Luther wisely noted, when we look to ourselves to find God we more likely will find the devil. We have his Word and as I said I believe many sincere believers are now caught up in the end times mania brought by Hal Lindsey and the Left Behind crowd. God has not revealed nor hinted that we are near the end and apparently will not do so in advance. It is not for us to know so for you to suggest that you think Jesus is coming soon is problematic.

I would turn your suggestion to me around on you. You should spend more time in His Word and not as someone looking for hidden clues about the end times. There are no credit card marks of the beast nor black helicopters as some millinialists suggest in the Bible. This whole prophecy issue has gotten completely out of control and has become a cottage industry designed to separate believers from their money.

SW

Sw

you said you do not agree that God addressed us now through dreams and Visions. there is a verse in the bible in new testment in Acts 2:16 to 18 No. what you see was predicted long ago by the Prophet Joel: In the last days, God says, I will pour my Spirit upon all people Your sons and daughter will prophesy, your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams. in those days i will pour out my Spirit even on my servants - men and women and they will prophesy.

so meaning that God will use people by through dream, visions and will be prophesy from Him. Actually, I never had dream about that Antichrist and the mark of the beast 666 on it as i read from the bible and other things but i never thought i had that dream. It is really sad because many many will not listen to the warning, they will be trick by them. when i woke up and i went back sleep the dream keep coming back. i just study God's words and seek Him deeply and I am after God's heart which i really love Him so much and want to follow Him in God's way. not from the world thing. it has been pondering for a while since this morning when i woke up and thought about it. usually i dream alot but i cant remember those dreams but this time i dream about it i remember it all and even i still remember the dream about Rapture that was 2 years ago just before a month before christmas

I am not trying to judge you SW but if i did do that please forgive me for that. I am trying to help you to understand that ok

thanks

Deaf Canada ( Cori)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

That is correct, Cori. I do not believe God addresses believers through dreams and visions in this day. St. Peter in his sermon was obviously referring to events in the new covenant times. However, that is no reason to apply them to our current day. We now have the Bible and that is God's final word to us. St. John warns us to test the Spirits

I think what you are implying is perhaps the great error in neo-pentacostalism. Namely that the the Book of Acts, though written as history, must be repeated each and every Sunday morning complete with signs, miracles and spiritual gifts.

When confronted with the fanatics who claimed to have received special revelations from the Spirit to perform miracles and who tried to gain entrance into the Church by appealing to the Spirit over Scripture, Luther was not intimidated. When they screamed, 'The Spirit, the Spirit,' Luther replied, 'I slap your spirit on the snout.'

I am not going to address the remainder of your post because it seems to just prove my point about a pre-occupation with bad end times doctrine. I am sorry you are caught up in this and pray you have not left the gospel of forgiveness behind for something of no value.

blessings,

sw

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/24/1970

That is correct, Cori. I do not believe God addresses believers through dreams and visions in this day. St. Peter in his sermon was obviously referring to events in the new covenant times. However, that is no reason to apply them to our current day. We now have the Bible and that is God's final word to us. St. John warns us to test the Spirits

I think what you are implying is perhaps the great error in neo-pentacostalism. Namely that the the Book of Acts, though written as history, must be repeated each and every Sunday morning complete with signs, miracles and spiritual gifts.

When confronted with the fanatics who claimed to have received special revelations from the Spirit to perform miracles and who tried to gain entrance into the Church by appealing to the Spirit over Scripture, Luther was not intimidated. When they screamed, 'The Spirit, the Spirit,' Luther replied, 'I slap your spirit on the snout.'

I am not going to address the remainder of your post because it seems to just prove my point about a pre-occupation with bad end times doctrine. I am sorry you are caught up in this and pray you have not left the gospel of forgiveness behind for something of no value.

blessings,

sw

Ok what ever you believe I respect for that. I am standing for what The bible says so I just follow what the Bible says. I cannot bend anything from the bible at all I cant ignore anything from the Bible It is truth from the bible all I do believe that s all. thanks

DC

quote:

Ok what ever you believe I respect for that. I am standing for what The bible says so I just follow what the Bible says. I cannot bend anything from the bible at all I cant ignore anything from the Bible It is truth from the bible all I do believe that s all. thanks

DC

SW:

thank you also but it would be more accurate to say you are following the Bible from your own perspective and what you have been taught. I follow the Bible also but do not agree with your interpretation of it.

sw

Guest jckduboise
I'm sorry Christ's free servant but I do not agree that God addresses us now through dreams and visions. As Luther wisely noted, when we look to ourselves to find God we more likely will find the devil. We have his Word and as I said I believe many sincere believers are now caught up in the end times mania brought by Hal Lindsey and the Left Behind crowd. God has not revealed nor hinted that we are near the end and apparently will not do so in advance. It is not for us to know so for you to suggest that you think Jesus is coming soon is problematic.

I would turn your suggestion to me around on you. You should spend more time in His Word and not as someone looking for hidden clues about the end times. There are no credit card marks of the beast nor black helicopters as some millinialists suggest in the Bible. This whole prophecy issue has gotten completely out of control and has become a cottage industry designed to separate believers from their money.

SW

I don't understand why you don't believe that God addresses us through dreams and visions..His 400 yr silence ended when Gabriel visited John the Baptist's parents and Mary and Joseph to inform them of Jesus..Then Jesus came...when Jesus was teaching His disciples about the end times (which by the way, we have been in since he ascended into heaven) that there would be dreams and visions and prophecys..how can you say that these things are not real today and believe that John was taken into heaven and shown the Revelations...I do not understand how you can believe some of the bible and not believe other parts of the bible..

Who is this Luther you speak of so often..I have not found him in any of the Gospel yet..please point the way.

Guest jckduboise

It is your dream and others and example of what I posted here that are very clear indicators of where our lives are heading...

I belieive we will be seeing real soon all of this, including your dream and this article, come to fruition...

Oh, Jesus come soon

jckduboise,

It is true under most normal circumstances that believers should do something to prevent this from taking place, but there comes a time when God says "this must take place in order to fulfill prophecy." Remember how Jesus escaped many times the persecution of the religious leaders of his day, but when the time came for him to go to the cross, he did not resist. He did not try to stop it, because it was time. The Lord has laid it on my heart that I am no longer to pray this away or to pray that he not judge us, but to know that what is taking place now is the fulfillment of prophecy and all things must happen as they are. That does not mean, however, that we just sit back and let it happen to us, but I think I realize now more than ever that some things are just meant to be in order to fulfill God's purposes. These are the last days. These things must happen. God will delay no longer. His coming is soon. So, our focus needs to be on obeying his voice and on telling as many people as possible that it is time to repent of their sin and to turn to God. We need to recognize the times we live in, we need to be aware that these are signs of the coming, not only of Christ, but of the antichrist, and we need to be pursuing righteousness and holiness. I think it is time to take up our crosses and follow Christ, even if it means dying for the sake of Christ. I believe the time of persecution and severe testing is soon upon us.

I don't know if you or anyone here has seen the movie, "Day After Tomorrow," but after they learn that the return of the ice age is upon them and they can do nothing to stop it, the response is "Save as many as possible." I think that is where we are. I believe that is where we are. I know that is where we are!

I am fully aware that these things are to take place, I rejoice in it and again say Jesus come soon

quote from jackie:

...Then Jesus came...when Jesus was teaching His disciples about the end times ...

SW:

I assume you are referring to the sections in the Gospels where Jesus was actually talking about the events (future events for those he was addressing, not us) regarding the destruction of the temple in 70 AD.

Actually I believe all of the Bible. I just don't agree with how you interpret much of it. Its somewhat arrogant of you to claim I don't believe God's Word. At least I'm willing to acknowledge you believe it even if you don't understand it.

sw

Guest jckduboise
quote from jackie:

...Then Jesus came...when Jesus was teaching His disciples about the end times ...

SW:

I assume you are referring to the sections in the Gospels where Jesus was actually talking about the events (future events for those he was addressing, not us) regarding the destruction of the temple in 70 AD.

Actually I believe all of the Bible. I just don't agree with how you interpret much of it. Its somewhat arrogant of you to claim I don't believe God's Word. At least I'm willing to acknowledge you believe it even if you don't understand it.

sw

Well, I am sorry if you found my words to you arrogant..they were not meant to be. I have noticed that you spend a lot of time telling people that these types of things don't happen when Jesus said that they would....

And how do you know He wasn't speaking to us..He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow..He gave us the authority to heal the sick and cast out demons...or was He just talking to those who were present at the time....

God's word did not change..He informed us that these things would come to pass and there is too much evidence in the world today that they are coming to pass..

Guest jckduboise

So I was interupted and had to finish my post before I had said everything that I wanted to...

I believe that when we dismiss the scriptures to only apply to yesterday we are taking away from God's word and promise to us...there is absolutly no way that he just meant yesterday. I do not believe that and until He shows me otherwise will not believe it..

By the way, you didn't answer my question..Who IS Luther, that you would take his word over the Word of God?

jackie quote:

"By the way, you didn't answer my question..Who IS Luther, that you would take his word over the Word of God?"

SW:

That comment is a very sad commentary on religious fundamentalism. As I mentioned to another poster, if you want to learn about the Bible, Luther is not a bad place to start. Of course, I would imagine you are more trained in studying and interpreting God's word than he. I am sure you have a good command of Greek and Hebrew too.