• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Of course Loonies from Farrakhan's brand of "Islam" can continue to decieve folks.............

We know what spirit this judge is of.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/31/1969

THis Barry Lynn guy who is the person behind the protest leading to the program ending is a Reverend. He is a Reverend for the United CHurch of Christ. NOw I didn't know anything abut the UCC until I just looked them up. I had to know what they believed in to have one of their Reverends stop the Gospel from being preached to all these lost souls in prison. I ran across I guess the United Church of Christ for Lesbians, Gays, Transgenders, and BIsexuals http://www.ucccoalition.org/ The statement is that they are recognized by the UCC. Now that explains it all.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

"We are absolutely delighted that the court found significant constitutional defects in a government-funded prison program that involves religious proselytizing or religious evangelism," Lynn said Friday. "If the reasoning in this case is followed elsewhere, and I suspect that it will be, it will pose an enormous challenge to faith-based programs at the state and federal level in many kinds of institutions."

While these words indicate an effort to impede evengelical efforts to help prisoners find peace I still understand why the judge ruled as he did.

The state, through its direct funding of InnerChange, hopes to cure recidivism through state-sponsored prayer and devotion, Pratt added.

The program is state funded and does go against separation of church and state. Proponants of "separation of church and state" are still quite confused about the first ammenments purpose, as indicated in the following quote.

U.S. District Judge Robert Pratt of Des Moines, in a 140-page ruling with national implications, said the Innerchange Freedom Initiative at the Newton Correctional Facility violates the First Amendment's clause barring government from the establishment of religion.

They still think the ammendment was put in to prevent the government from establishing religion, when it was more likely put in to protect religious "establishments" from the government. While I can understand why some would not like to see tax dollars funding evangelism it shows how that there are still many groups out there whose sole purpose is to make evengelising more difficult.

Guest Thomas I believe
"We are absolutely delighted that the court found significant constitutional defects in a government-funded prison program that involves religious proselytizing or religious evangelism," Lynn said Friday. "If the reasoning in this case is followed elsewhere, and I suspect that it will be, it will pose an enormous challenge to faith-based programs at the state and federal level in many kinds of institutions."

While these words indicate an effort to impede evengelical efforts to help prisoners find peace I still understand why the judge ruled as he did.

The state, through its direct funding of InnerChange, hopes to cure recidivism through state-sponsored prayer and devotion, Pratt added.

The program is state funded and does go against separation of church and state. Proponants of "separation of church and state" are still quite confused about the first ammenments purpose, as indicated in the following quote.

U.S. District Judge Robert Pratt of Des Moines, in a 140-page ruling with national implications, said the Innerchange Freedom Initiative at the Newton Correctional Facility violates the First Amendment's clause barring government from the establishment of religion.

They still think the ammendment was put in to prevent the government from establishing religion, when it was more likely put in to protect religious "establishments" from the government. While I can understand why some would not like to see tax dollars funding evangelism it shows how that there are still many groups out there whose sole purpose is to make evengelising more difficult.

Danny, your right, church and state do conflict here. But what the world and the unsaved need is God. Our government (U.S.A.)who once used to believe one nation under God has lost track of God. Thus the need to worship God should not be denyed. Sad....