• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/14/1982

Yeah ok, I see the point being made and respect the wishes of the admin of the board.

I dont wholly agree, I think this stuff acts as a great method of opening a dialogue with an unbeliever or for simply getting their attention, some people are conditioned to block out evangelism due to their level of denial, and of course I have full faith in the Lord to break down those blocks when He wants to, but we can still do all we can to get to them, and this is a great method as it is physically observable which is what some people need.

Is this thread in general in violation or just my proposed Barry Smith thread?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I read a year or two ago Blair & wife went through a new age ceremony. It didn't mention the m being christian at all.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

Hey Graham,

Just a thought about ecumenism.

You need to consider that there are two very distinct paths that churches take on the road to becoming one........the one on which they are led by the evil one toward a diluted faith and a denial of the Truth.........and the one for which Christ earnestly prayed to His Father, "that they be one, as we are one".

The challenge will be to discern one from the other.

Peace,

Fiosh

:whistling:

Hey Graham,

Just a thought about ecumenism.

You need to consider that there are two very distinct paths that churches take on the road to becoming one........the one on which they are led by the evil one toward a diluted faith and a denial of the Truth.........and the one for which Christ earnestly prayed to His Father, "that they be one, as we are one".

The challenge will be to discern one from the other.

Peace,

Fiosh

;)

Thats true alright, its up to all of us to watch out for compromise in our Churches.

I have to admit though that I am still watching every single move and statement made by the pope to see signs of compromise. Just recently he said something which may seem harmless and maybe Im being overly critical of him, but "above all else I am a catholic" to me didnt sound great at all. I always say I am a Christian who attends a presbyterian Church, I never call myself a presbyterian. Maybe its just a difference in language or a play on words, it just didnt sit well with me when he said it like that.

Guest jckduboise
Islam will be part of the one world religion in my opinion, they have been present at ecumenical meetings of the RCC and when the previous pope in the 70's famously said to the Poles (paraphrase as I dont have the exact quote on hand) ' it doesnt matter what god you believe in, once you believe in a god', this paved the way for the 'all roads lead to Rome' or 'all religions lead to God' ethos which will typify the one world religion.

The one world church will compromise Christianity's beliefs as it will gradually phase out the Christian Bible to be more "inclusive" of the counterfeit faiths, will endorse evolution to try and get the scientific community on board (the RCC endorsed evoltion in the 70's), it will in my opinion try and bit by bit by bit remove Jesus from the agenda and pave the way for the antichrist to take the throne of the one world church, all the while alienating true Christians who believe the Bible and love Jesus, painting them as fundamenalist extremists. The ground work for this has been laid over a long period of time, its just coming together now.

Satan's master plan.

Jeremiah 7:16 "So do not pray for those people nor offer any plea or petition for them; do not plead with me, for I will not listen to you.

17 Do you not see what they are doing in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem?

18 The children gather wood, the fathers light the fire, and the women knead the dough and make cakes of bread for the Queen of Heaven. They pour out drink offerings to other gods to provoke me to anger."

The only Queen of Heaven that could be in reference here is the "Blessed Mother Mary" RCC? Right? And if this is the case, why wouldn't RCC get involved?

• Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

Islam will be part of the one world religion in my opinion, they have been present at ecumenical meetings of the RCC and when the previous pope in the 70's famously said to the Poles (paraphrase as I dont have the exact quote on hand) ' it doesnt matter what god you believe in, once you believe in a god', this paved the way for the 'all roads lead to Rome' or 'all religions lead to God' ethos which will typify the one world religion.

The one world church will compromise Christianity's beliefs as it will gradually phase out the Christian Bible to be more "inclusive" of the counterfeit faiths, will endorse evolution to try and get the scientific community on board (the RCC endorsed evoltion in the 70's), it will in my opinion try and bit by bit by bit remove Jesus from the agenda and pave the way for the antichrist to take the throne of the one world church, all the while alienating true Christians who believe the Bible and love Jesus, painting them as fundamenalist extremists. The ground work for this has been laid over a long period of time, its just coming together now.

Satan's master plan.

Jeremiah 7:16 "So do not pray for those people nor offer any plea or petition for them; do not plead with me, for I will not listen to you.

17 Do you not see what they are doing in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem?

18 The children gather wood, the fathers light the fire, and the women knead the dough and make cakes of bread for the Queen of Heaven. They pour out drink offerings to other gods to provoke me to anger."

The only Queen of Heaven that could be in reference here is the "Blessed Mother Mary" RCC? Right? And if this is the case, why wouldn't RCC get involved?

Hi there,

Understandable assumption, but...

From "blueletterbible.com" a Protestant site:

Seest thou not what they do in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem? The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven (Jer 7:17-18),

They're worshipping Ashtoreth, Semiramis, the queen of heaven, the goddess of fertility.

and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger (Jer 7:18).

So here, God's people, the little children are out gathering sticks. And the fathers, they bring them home to the fathers who kindle the fire, and the women are there kneading the dough so they can bake these little cakes to the goddess of fertility, Semiramis, the queen of heaven. God said, "That's it, that's more than I can take. Just leave, don't pray anymore. Don't intercede anymore. I'm through. I've had it. That's it."

Peace,

Fiosh

;)

Guest jckduboise

Satan's master plan.

Hi there,

Understandable assumption, but...

From "blueletterbible.com" a Protestant site:

Seest thou not what they do in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem? The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven (Jer 7:17-18),

They're worshipping Ashtoreth, Semiramis, the queen of heaven, the goddess of fertility.

and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger (Jer 7:18).

So here, God's people, the little children are out gathering sticks. And the fathers, they bring them home to the fathers who kindle the fire, and the women are there kneading the dough so they can bake these little cakes to the goddess of fertility, Semiramis, the queen of heaven. God said, "That's it, that's more than I can take. Just leave, don't pray anymore. Don't intercede anymore. I'm through. I've had it. That's it."

Peace,

Fiosh

:wub:

Gotcha Fiosh, thanks for the correction. I am however concerned about those that pray to saints, Mother Mary and the like. Even though there is love for God and Jesus, would God still not be a jealous God concerning this? Thus making these verses just as applicable today as they were yesterday? After all He does not change.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Interesting note: I have been reading The Chronicles of Narnia to my daughter, and what you have said started in the 70's, C.S. Lewis mentioned in The Last Battle back in 1956. For those who haven't read it, or haven't read it since childhood, an ape (false prophet) has a donkey (false messiah) put on the skin of a lion and pretend to be Aslan (real Messiah). The ape then gets in league with the Calormene (Muslims) and convinces much of Narnia that Aslan and the Calormene god Tash are the same.

Good post Irish.

Interesting note: I have been reading The Chronicles of Narnia to my daughter, and what you have said started in the 70's, C.S. Lewis mentioned in The Last Battle back in 1956. For those who haven't read it, or haven't read it since childhood, an ape (false prophet) has a donkey (false messiah) put on the skin of a lion and pretend to be Aslan (real Messiah). The ape then gets in league with the Calormene (Muslims) and convinces much of Narnia that Aslan and the Calormene god Tash are the same.

Good post Irish.

I was wrong actually, the ecumenical councils started in the 60's with the first ecumenical session in august 1962 with pope John XXIII, didnt know C.S Lewis held that view on it.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Simply keep watching the invited participants on the ecumenical platforms across the land to understand components of the coming One World Apostate Church of the Antichrist -

Muslim imams;

Greek Orthodox prelates;

Roman Catholic archbishops;

Oprah Winfrey's ancient "New Agers;"

Dalai Lama & Buddhist monks;

World Council of Churches reps;

Jewish rabbis;

multicultural & multifaith politicians;

Bishop Tutus & other "peace-winners";

United Nations executives;

Bono & U2-types; etc.

on down the list.

And JESUS CHRIST, Sovereign Lord & Savior?

He's under the stage somewhere, yes?

"Come out from among them...touch not the unclean thing..."

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com