• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

Smalcald quote:

As far as God's goodness it is not His goodness that is in question, it is our evil natures and almost continual rebellion against God that is the problem. Did Christ die in vain? Do we now denigrate His sacrifice by simply saying, "I'm okay your okay"? God has given us every chance, and indeed those stories we worry about; the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, and the coming wrath of God when the world ends, are there not to show God's horrible nature, but to show us what we have done to this earth, yet even after all of that we have a Savior who will protect those who call on Him and love Him, a Savior who died for us each individually.

Saintworm:

That's right. The question is not why God allows hardship and difficulty. The real question is why He saves anyone at all. People who don't believe God causes or allows pain and difficulty in the world would most likely have walked by the Crucifixion thinking that God had nothing to do with it. Its the highest degree of faith to trust in a God who saves so few while allowing even more to perish in their sins.

However Smalcald, I don't know if I agree that the world is more barbaric today than in the past. We get exposed to much more now due to the fact the world is so connected with media but the world has been an ugly place since the Fall. When Christians were used as human torches in the gardens of the Roman emperor its hard to say things weren't pretty harsh back then.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

And...yea...He flooded the whole world because of evilness!

Mark

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Personally, I simply BELIEVE it. There are millions of things in life I cannot understand. However because a thing transcends my reason doesn't mean that it contradicts my reason. I recently read that ten out of two people are dyslexic (I guess I'll NEVER understand THAT! Who might?) Seriously tho, again I state that I BELIEVE and with faith believing I hear Jesus' Own words, "If you believe not that I am He, you shall die in your sins." The Holy trinity is the Creator God's way of personally revealing Himself in three Personalities, Each co-existent, Each all-powerful and Each fully God. NOT "three Gods'; ONE God revealed in three Personalities. Yea, "Great is the mystery of Godliness."

P.S. Actually, the Holy Bible speaks of SEVEN "mysteries." The best advice is to go on line to WWW.JESUS.CALM AMEN & AMEN!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

With all due respect, Arthur, the Trinity is not 3 "Personalities", but rather 3 PERSONS.

Peace,

Fiosh

:emot-handshake:

Not wanting to hi-jack the thread but after reading some posts I can't help but make an observation. A lot of posters that I recall openly opposing the work of God through the sacraments because it is not logical and somewhat irrational are willing to embrace the Trinity even though acknowledging it can't be reasoned out nor understood by men. Perhaps there is hope yet!

SW

st. worm: "A lot of posters that I recall openly opposing the work of God through the sacraments because it is not logical and somewhat irrational are willing to embrace the Trinity even though acknowledging it can't be reasoned out nor understood by men. "

Mark777: Would you explain further, please?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Not wanting to hi-jack the thread but after reading some posts I can't help but make an observation. A lot of posters that I recall openly opposing the work of God through the sacraments because it is not logical and somewhat irrational are willing to embrace the Trinity even though acknowledging it can't be reasoned out nor understood by men. Perhaps there is hope yet!

SW

Then please do NOT hi-jack the thread. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

st. worm: "A lot of posters that I recall openly opposing the work of God through the sacraments because it is not logical and somewhat irrational are willing to embrace the Trinity even though acknowledging it can't be reasoned out nor understood by men. "

Mark777: Would you explain further, please?

Explain by PM please. Leave this thread alone. It is not the time or place for a Catholic apologetics discussion...please.

Sure! I detect past history!

Mark

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

SW

SW, in the spirit of love and gentleness, I have to say that when I decided to become an apologetic of Trinity, I needed to renounce my Catholic faith. The doctrine of Trinity upholds One God in three Persons, not four or more (as how Catholics would view it). :rolleyes:

In the agape love of Christ,

germanJoy

Edited by germanJoy

Sent you a PM Joy.

BTW, I am not a Roman Catholic.