• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

John6: 16-21:

"And when evening came, his disciples went down unto the sea; and they entered into a boat, and were going over the sea unto Capernaum. And it was now dark, and Jesus had not yet come to them. And the sea was rising by reason of a great wind that blew. When therefore they had rowed about five and twenty or thirty furlongs, they behold Jesus walking on the sea, and drawing nigh unto the boat: and they were afraid. But he saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid. They were willing therefore to receive him into the boat: and straightway the boat was at the land whither they were going."

Well, lets see:

micen 2: "The deciples did great and marvelous deeds......as well................does that make them God?"

Mark777: Like create everything? Hey , I see you point! NOT.

Micen 2: "I and the father are one............at times.............so does that make me God?"

Mark777: You are not one in substance, you are not the creator, you cannot come and dwell within me, you cannot save the world, you cannot give me eternal life, you cannot fill in the blank...etc

Micen 2: "it's either one or the other........I am god........or i fully represent the father."

Mark777: Its both - Jesus is in the Father and the Father is in Jesus - He is the exact representation of the Father - try reading Hebrews chapter 1.

Mark

Edit:

Here Micen 2, I have already posted this but just for you - ask yourself is this you?

Hebrews 1

"God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high..."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

But that is not a correct understanding of the Trinity, which holds that Christ was BOTH true God and a human being, true man.

As you say, Christ comes to us as a human on the earth, suffering, being tempted and sacrificing to death. But we cannot pray to a man, a man no matter how great cannot forgive sins. If somebody is "eternally divine" as you say, then they are a God, yet we don't believe in multiple Gods do we, we believe in one God.

You will never understand how that is done, neither will I, but I don't understand how one person could atone for the sins of all of us, nor do I understand how God created all existence yet existed in eternity with no beginning nor end, I don't really understand eternity. There are many things that we will never understand but God has told us, and we must accept them. Trying to force our logic our flawed logic will never work.

The Trinity is what is revealed in scripture and is the only answer if we are to be saved.

Micen 2,

My intention was to emphasize the diety of Christ - not at the expense of His physical life on earth. That is why I titled the thread Jesus as God. Why don't you start a thread entitled Jesus as Man. As smalcald stated - He was both. But the first great fact about Jesus is that He is the God of creation. He is the only God. No man is God and Jesus isn't a man now like He was when He was on earth. God could have been a man at any time. God can do anything He wishes within His nature. Becoming a man would be a simple thing. Read Genesis 18-19. You might also read the thread about Melchezedek and join the discussion there.

If you will notice in Revelation that there is an anthropomorphic figure sitting on the throne. God is an infinite Spirit but does that stop Him from representing Himself as a finite figure? No. We cannot witness God in His ultimate state. He has to limit Himself in revelation to communicate to us. Jesus as a man came to not only sacrifice himself for us but to commune with us on our level. He never ceased to be God but He has ceased to be a man as He was on earth. Now, He shares the glory of the Infinite God and we see Him no more as the man Jesus in the flesh - (unless you are Kenneth Copeland!! :thumbsup: )

Mark

Colossians 2:1-10

For I want you to know how great a struggle I have on your behalf and for those who are at Laodicea, and for all those who have not personally seen my face, that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. I say this so that no one will delude you with persuasive argument. For even though I am absent in body, nevertheless I am with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good discipline and the stability of your faith in Christ. Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude. See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ. For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority;

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

John 1 vs 1-5 talks about the word been in the beginning wit God, becos God is not a dumb God. This same word is from God himself. He cant refuse the word just as he cannot denial himself. This word is jesus who became flesh, died and resurrected back to the father, of whom he came from

AMEN, a7Chris.

Mark

Guest shiloh357
Christ was human..........and now is eternally divine...in him...that also calls each of us individually
No, micen... Jesus was Divine before he took on flesh. He has always been eternally Divine. Jesus was eternally Divine even while walking this earth.

The "Trinity"doctrine, as a forefront, and firstfruit teaching, is unprofitable to new believers, in that it,.....discourages the hope of "godliness in man".........by teaching that Christ was not man.......but God himself.
This is not true. The Trinity does speak to Jesus' humanity, but it does not deny Jesus' humanity. Those who believe that Jesus is God also believe in what is called the "hypostatic union." This is the union between Jesus' humanity and Divinity. Essentially, it teaches that Jesus is 100% God and 100% man. Jesus still has a resurrected physical body. The body He came out of the grave with, is the same body that ascended into heaven.

Those who teach so........and have learned so.......have not read and understood the Christian cannon of the bible clearly.
Actually that is not the problem. The problem is that YOU do not understand the doctrines you are criticizing. You are operating from false premesis' based upon a faulty understanding of things like the Trinity, hence you are arriving and inaccurate conclusions.

Let us not overlook the call in our flesh to be like him.................in the flesh we cannot be like god........but in the flesh....we can be like his son.
The problem here is that Jesus is a reflection of the Father. Jesus reveals the Father and is the fullest of expression of God the Father. To be like Jesus is to be like God, because Jesus is God. Furthermore, we are not to do it in the flesh, but in the Spirit.

Christ has come in the flesh....to take away sins.......as the lamb/member of the flock/human...........without blemish. Not as God.

This is absolutely false. Jesus came as God to take away sins. He came in human form to be the sacrifice. If Jesus came merely as a man, He could not have taken away sin. ONLY God can take away sins. Jesus demonstrated His Divinity on earth. Jesus did things that only God can do. Jesus forgave sins, Jesus received worship, Jesus could see into the secrets of men's hearts. Jesus as God went to the cross and payed for man's sins. HE was God hanging on the cross, Hs was God in the tomb, and He was God who walked out of the tomb victorious, 3 days later. There was never a time when Jesus was not God.

Matthew 8:23-34:

"And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him. And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep.And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish. And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him! And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way. And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time? And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding. So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine. And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters. And they that kept them fled, and went their ways into the city, and told every thing, and what was befallen to the possessed of the devils. And, behold, the whole city came out to meet Jesus: and when they saw him, they besought him that he would depart out of their coasts."