• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/24/1970

I had that message since last week July 3rd, It really hit me alot. When My husband and my Kids and i went to the Camp store to look around the Campers, trailers, RV. Somehow I just began to think about being Pleasure going to camping and having fun etc. I started to think did Jesus do that when He was on earth? and i realized that He didnt had that kind of pleasure doing this like going to camping with friends. He went and preach His words and had been taught to the people every day and healed many people and spoke blunt to Pharisee religious people. He always go and pray for people. He didnt have any time for the pleasure going out for camping, bbq, having fun etc. He did do what he did.

God made us and wants us to do finish the job that Jesus has left for us to do it. Did He want us to have pleasure having good time? Are we selfish? do what we want. Look many many people are dying without Jesus. we do what we want to please ourselves to keep our lives "good life" and do nothing. doing for ourselves. Not doing for Jesus. are we that kind of selfish? are we partially Christian? like we go to Church every sunday and worship on sunday when church finish go home and do nothing, we just do what we do not following God's way like go to spread His Words to the People who is not saved.

LOOOk at the people in all over the world, they are dying without Jesus and not knowing about Jesus Christ. Are we selfish not telling people about Jesus christ? Yes we are selfish because we have everything like computer, tv, house, car, job, vacations, money. we didnt do anything about it to go and tell people about Jesus Christ his love.

we need to stop it and we need to repent and wake up because it is not much left time. It may be next minutes, it may be tomorrow, it may be next week, it may be next month, it may be next year, we never know. as God know when it is finished. Remember that our lives are short on the earth, we live here to spread His Words, not to hold and keep things in the world because things in the world will be rotten and pass away will not bring anything to heaven or go to hell at all. we born with nothing, we die with nothing, so we need to remember that people are dying without Jesus Christ. do you want your family, your friends, your husbands, your children die without Jesus Christ? I am sure you dont want that. Please do what God want you do.

that s what the bible says 2 Timothy 3:1-5 you should also know this, Timothy, that in the last days there will be very difficult times. for people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their paretns, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred. They will be unloving and unforgiving; they will slander others and have no self-control; they will be cruel and have no interest what is good. they will betray their friends, be reckless, be puffed up with pride, and love pleasure rather than God. they will act as if they are religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly. You must stay away from people like that.

So that s why God wants us to do for Him. do we want to reject His power that could make us godly? Should we listen and follow God's warning, encourage us to repent and wake up?

for me yes I will take it and listen what God wants me to do.

Look at the people around you, think aboout it should they deserve to know Jesus Christ? or deserve to go Hell?

It is time to Stir our souls and repent and wake up ask God forgive our sins. and I pray that God will speak to your heart.

In Him

Deafcanda

Guest Thank you

I had that message since last week July 3rd, It really hit me alot. When My husband and my Kids and i went to the Camp store to look around the Campers, trailers, RV. Somehow I just began to think about being Pleasure going to camping and having fun etc. I started to think did Jesus do that when He was on earth? and i realized that He didnt had that kind of pleasure doing this like going to camping with friends. He went and preach His words and had been taught to the people every day and healed many people and spoke blunt to Pharisee religious people. He always go and pray for people. He didnt have any time for the pleasure going out for camping, bbq, having fun etc. He did do what he did.

God made us and wants us to do finish the job that Jesus has left for us to do it. Did He want us to have pleasure having good time? Are we selfish? do what we want. Look many many people are dying without Jesus. we do what we want to please ourselves to keep our lives "good life" and do nothing. doing for ourselves. Not doing for Jesus. are we that kind of selfish? are we partially Christian? like we go to Church every sunday and worship on sunday when church finish go home and do nothing, we just do what we do not following God's way like go to spread His Words to the People who is not saved.

LOOOk at the people in all over the world, they are dying without Jesus and not knowing about Jesus Christ. Are we selfish not telling people about Jesus christ? Yes we are selfish because we have everything like computer, tv, house, car, job, vacations, money. we didnt do anything about it to go and tell people about Jesus Christ his love.

we need to stop it and we need to repent and wake up because it is not much left time. It may be next minutes, it may be tomorrow, it may be next week, it may be next month, it may be next year, we never know. as God know when it is finished. Remember that our lives are short on the earth, we live here to spread His Words, not to hold and keep things in the world because things in the world will be rotten and pass away will not bring anything to heaven or go to hell at all. we born with nothing, we die with nothing, so we need to remember that people are dying without Jesus Christ. do you want your family, your friends, your husbands, your children die without Jesus Christ? I am sure you dont want that. Please do what God want you do.

that s what the bible says 2 Timothy 3:1-5 you should also know this, Timothy, that in the last days there will be very difficult times. for people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their paretns, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred. They will be unloving and unforgiving; they will slander others and have no self-control; they will be cruel and have no interest what is good. they will betray their friends, be reckless, be puffed up with pride, and love pleasure rather than God. they will act as if they are religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly. You must stay away from people like that.

So that s why God wants us to do for Him. do we want to reject His power that could make us godly? Should we listen and follow God's warning, encourage us to repent and wake up?

for me yes I will take it and listen what God wants me to do.

Look at the people around you, think aboout it should they deserve to know Jesus Christ? or deserve to go Hell?

It is time to Stir our souls and repent and wake up ask God forgive our sins. and I pray that God will speak to your heart.

In Him

Deafcanda

[/quote

I agree that we could be doing much more than we are. However, God doesn't expect us to be God and save the world single-handedly. I believe it's important to get instructions from Him before we move out and take action, pretending we already know what His plan for our lives is. A sharp knife can be much more effective than a dull one. It does twice the work with half the effort. In like manner, I believe we become "sharp knives" when we spend time in prayer with Him and allow Him to cleanse us, fill us, love us, and guide us. We become "dull knives" when we don't take the time to sit quietly with God and wait on him but rather go running around trying to do what we think He wants us to do. We end up trying to do things on our own strength and end up being ineffectual.

Remember there are many gifts, not all of us have the gift of prophesy, nor the gift of counsel, etc. To each God gave different gifts to be used when and how He chooses. Let us humbly go to him and get the directions on how we are to use them instead of assuming we already know.

Regarding enjoying what God has given you without guilt, we see an example of that in Scripture where Paul says he has learned to be content no matter if he's going through a tough time or surrounded by richness. We need to be responsible and wise in how we use the gifts He's given us, but I think that just as Jesus appreciated the woman who washed His feet with expensive perfume, we need to sincerely enjoy the gifts He gives us, without getting attached to the gift, knowing that it can be taken away at a moment's notice.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

What you call "selfish pleasures" some of us call "blessings." I think we can enjoy the blessings, focus on the One Who gives us the blessings and reach out to the lost. It doesn't have to be an either/or thing.

Guest jckduboise

God gifted us with many pleasures that are not selfish. Even Jesus rested..no He may not have gone camping but that doesn't mean we are not allowed to relax a bit. It is important for us to relax and rejuvinate. Our minds do not work as God's or we would be God and this world would be in better condition and so would people.

Look at the US and how fast everyone moves. If we do not take a moment or two for pleasure and relaxation we would die much younger. No it is NOT selfish pleasure to do these things, besides even though we do these things does not mean our life changes and our ministry stops. How many times have we been somewhere relaxing or whatever and run into someone that we end up ministering to even though we are on vacation?

No, it is okay. If pleasure is ALL a person is seeking then there IS a problem.