• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

1 Timothy 6

6Now godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content. 9But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Food and clothing thats all we need in this world.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

1 Timothy 6

6Now godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content. 9But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Food and clothing thats all we need in this world.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

I agree :t2:

And if others can't afford food and clothing then we that can should provide it. I am going to go today and get some clothes and baby item for a ladies daughter who comes into the store I work.....they are going through a hard time and the new baby has hardly nothing to come home to....although my hubby and I aren't wealthy by any stretch we have more than this family and I feel it is only natural for me to provide them with some much needed items.

I should say for God to provide for them through me :t2:

I would much rather give this way....ya know sneak up on someones porch and leave food...clothing...and anything else you can to help them out...then ring the doorbell and run and hide....oooohhhh that would be so neat to just be able to give and see the surprise on the faces of those that need help...ok I am rambling now :x:

Love and Blessings,

Angel H.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

I would much rather give this way....ya know sneak up on someones porch and leave food...clothing...and anything else you can to help them out...then ring the doorbell and run and hide....oooohhhh that would be so neat to just be able to give and see the surprise on the faces of those that need help...ok I am rambling now 

Thats the right spirit Sister :cool: :il:

All praise The Ancient of Days

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

to me the church is a place for spiritual growth.like a school house for example.the church educates us on GOD's word.if you went through life without any schooling where would you be?church is very important for our christian growth.its easy to fall out of church,and so hard to get back in it.i know this.im not saying you arent a christian if you dont go to church,but we need to remember the sacrifices that where made in order for us to have the freedom to worship in GOD'S house. :cool:

On this subject you always want to look at what Jesus said about the widows mite, and also about the church she was in. The leaders of which are the very ones Jesus call fools, and hypocrites. We are told to assemble ourselves to gether. Jesus went to church and He taught in the church thats we are supposed to do. Take the truth everywhere to every creature, which includes the church. When we tithe God's only looks at our hearts, and He has promised that what we sow in righteousness will be used by Him. He's big enough to take care of your tithes.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

When we tithe God's only looks at our hearts, and He has promised that what we sow in righteousness will be used by Him. He's big enough to take care of your tithes.

PDC: Right on! :rolleyes: That's my favorite part of the service. I love the part where we get to help in some small way, such as our tithe. There we can give instead of take.

PDC, the issue here wasn't someone not wanting to go to Church; it was about a young mother with a very "challenging" 2 year old, who had severe separation anxiety, a condition most of us "Moms" are very familiar with.

The little one could'nt handle being left alone in a church nursery and was extremely frightened when left with Church workers during the service.

It became unbearable to try and handle the child while in church.

Typically, this separation anxiety, (which isn't uncommon with little ones at that tender age)...will stop at around 3 or 3 1/2.

So, it's a matter of just waiting till the child matures a bit, then gradually increase the time he spends away from Mom and Dad.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

:laugh:

I have always considered myself a Christian.

I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.

He has been good to me and my family.

My husband and I quit going to church when I had my second child. He throws horrible tantrums.

He is two and I have every intention of returning to church as soon as I can control him. So, far we have found that nothing works on him. We have two other children by the way and do not have this problem with them.

Today I was listening to the radio and the minister said that if you didn't go to church than you were not a Christian.

Well, what if you can't attend for a while? It has been two years.

I plan to return soon, but I would like to hear your comments on this. I try to keep in the word by reading, listening to radio and television broadcast so I consider myself a true Christian.

Thank you for your responses.

Kristina

If your husband refuses to go to church then that's his problem but you must not follow his example.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

:laugh:

I have always considered myself a Christian.

I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.

He has been good to me and my family.

My husband and I quit going to church when I had my second child. He throws horrible tantrums.

He is two and I have every intention of returning to church as soon as I can control him. So, far we have found that nothing works on him. We have two other children by the way and do not have this problem with them.

Today I was listening to the radio and the minister said that if you didn't go to church than you were not a Christian.

Well, what if you can't attend for a while? It has been two years.

I plan to return soon, but I would like to hear your comments on this. I try to keep in the word by reading, listening to radio and television broadcast so I consider myself a true Christian.

Thank you for your responses.

Kristina

If your husband refuses to go to church then that's his problem but you must not follow his example.

LOL Mobile21!

It is the child that throws tantrums, not the husband... :)

IR :il:

Do tithes always have to go to a Christian ministry? What about just showing love and concern and helping others in need. That's also doing the will of God and giving as unto the Lord don't you think?

Proverbs 28:27 He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack: but he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse.

Luke 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Smash: Right you are!!! I do both (tithe and the offerings) *offerings are giving to the Lord's other ministries/charities, etc.

But I hate it when people get legalistic about giving. Giving is my "gift" or the area I'm specially annointed in. I love to do it and did when I was dirt poor myself.

Sadly, I wrestle with other areas of service...giving comes easily but I'm not nearly as devoted in prayer and intercession as others are. I'm not very good at fasting for long periods either.

Giving seems so easy yet other things are so much harder for me to do.

Seems that God has us fashioned to do some things, which flow naturally...but other things are more of a challenge.

Either way, it should come from our hearts...and be sincere.

It is the child that throws tantrums, not the husband... :laugh:

IR  :il:

IR: I get the feeling the men don't have a clue when it comes to problems with toddlers.

I'm near convinced that men are from Mars.