IGNORED

Going To Church.

Guest kball

:noidea:

I have always considered myself a Christian.

I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.

He has been good to me and my family.

My husband and I quit going to church when I had my second child. He throws horrible tantrums.

He is two and I have every intention of returning to church as soon as I can control him. So, far we have found that nothing works on him. We have two other children by the way and do not have this problem with them.

Today I was listening to the radio and the minister said that if you didn't go to church than you were not a Christian.

Well, what if you can't attend for a while? It has been two years.

I plan to return soon, but I would like to hear your comments on this. I try to keep in the word by reading, listening to radio and television broadcast so I consider myself a true Christian.

Thank you for your responses.

Kristina

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

I hope not, cuz I don't go to church...as of yet and I still like to think that I love the Lord just as much as those who do!!

Love and Blessings

Angel H.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Sounds like pure legalism...the preacher who said you had to go to church to be saved is a "works" oriented preacher evidently.

No, dear sister...don't let anyone lay the guilt trip on you...what about people who are handicapped? Bedridden? Sick?

Don't buy the guilt trips people lay on you..that's so silly.

You are a Christian because you believe in your heart and accept Jesus Christ as your Savior and have repented of your sins.

Again, the change and growth in maturity takes a lifetime of refining, (what some call sanctification) but no one achieves perfection until they go to glory.

Church is wonderful if you can find a good church that preaches the Bible...but sadly, not all people can.

Also, most churches have a nursery where the child can stay while you're in church. I've done plenty of nursery duty and I know some children have severe separation anxiety..so I'm very sympathetic to your dilemna.

If you can't go to church for whatever reason, there's always WORTHY BOARDS...and you'll get lots of love, friendship and fellowship here...

But if possible, it's wonderful to have a local church to give you support and fellowship. If not, just snuggle up with Jesus and do what you're doing...find other ways to fellowship.

This board is a great outlet for me in particular...BTW, Welcome aboard!

Thank you so much for your comments.

I feel so much better.

My son also has severe seperation anxiety. He went to daycare for one week and screamed all day for the whole week. Luckly I found a job were I am self employed and can now stay home with him during the day and I only have to work a couple of hours a night.

Thank you, Kristina

Praise the Lord, he is good.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  520
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/07/1974

Do churches not have a nursery to assist in taking care of the child?

It is in Hebrews (or is it Romans?) that says "Do not forsake meeting together."

I can't imagine not serving the Lord with my time. I love Him and want to show Him how much I appreciate His sending His Son to be my Savior.

This isn't a 'works salvation' like has been claimed.

I love my wife and treat her right and serve her....it isn't because I am trying to 'earn' her love or I am scared that she is going to leave me.

I just want to show her how much I love her. :noidea:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Kristina,

I didn't see your words when I logged into this thread....that is until now...all that showed was the little yellow face! gee I am sorry I would have said more....by the way I totally agree with what cats said :P

Now about your two year old....my daughter was exactely the same way.....you have got to have patience though (wow a ton as a matter of fact) :noidea:

number one I do not believe in just walking away while your child is crying.in fear or pain...always, always go to them and hold them...in the long run this gives them confidence that you will always be there when they need you.

Now when my little sweetie :il: had her tantrums I would pick her up and walk out wherever we were...even if we were right in the middle of a dinner at a resturant....if we were at home then I would walk out of the room ( now mine just screamed alot, I don't know what your boy does so this may not work for you if he may hurt himself) Do not ever tell them if they stop you will get them a treat ie..candy, toy or whatever. That is rewarding them for bad behavior. After about 6 months of walking out and just plain ignoring her and telling her before I walked out "mommy will talk to you when you can stop screaming" I have to say it sounds easier than it is....I found also when my little girl had gotten a larger vocabulary she had less and less tantrums....she was much better at telling me why she was mad and how we could make it better...before she turned 4 our probs with her tantrums were gone :il: Praise God!!

I understand you are probably feeling some isolation because of the fear of going somewhere and there being a tantrum thrown. Anyway that is how I used to feel. It is a hard place to be....just know it is not your fault in any way. Some kids are just more emotional than others. I had no probs with my firstborn either (boy) so when I had the little girl I was so shell shocked that I thought for sure there was something drastically wrong with her...ya know health or mental problems...but that wasn't the case at all.

Feel free to pm if you need to talk K?

Love and Blessings

Angel H.

Some do have nurseries but my son will not stay in one.

He is starting to learn allot more words and understanding of them.

When he can understand what I am telling him he is good. But right now everywhere I take him it is a battle.

He kicks, screams, crys, throws stuff, etc. You name it.

I think he will get better within the year. I hope so anyway. :noidea:

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hello Kball :t3:

Welcome to our Internet gathering place :P:P I'm looking forward to sharing and growing in faith with you. :il: I have a nephew like your son. I know the patience and love that is needed with a child that suffers from temper tantrums I am always amazed at my sisters control in dealing with him. Love is so strong when it comes to a loving mom :noidea:

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Guest Calamity

kball: "Today I was listening to the radio and the minister said that if you didn't go to church than you were not a Christian."

That's awful. Of course we should find a church and attend, but that doesn't determine if you're a Christian or not. I, personally, stopped listening to preachers over radio/TV a few years back. If you don't know who they are and their background and beliefs, then, it's a little like the internet message boards. Who knows what they're teaching, and sometimes you have to listen for a long time to realize what's wrong. That's just me, though. My husband listens to them all the time on his drive to and from work...

It's to the point now, that I've almost gotten gun-shy about this. We are still visiting churches looking for one to join, and had pretty much narrowed it down to this one that we like a whole lot. Now, this next statement - some of you may wonder what's wrong, but if you know that we are Baptist, then you'll understand. We've been attending here for a while now, the preacher seems to be right on, but one of the Sun. School classes we've been in, they were talking about losing your salvation. (OK, endure4salvation. I know... :noidea: ), and I couldn't believe it. Used to be, in a Baptist church, that's something you took for granted that no one believed. I mean, Baptists are almost famous for NOT believing that you can lose your salvation.

It's getting almost scary, trying to find a church, and being assured that they are teaching right. Sometimes, makes you want to give up.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  06/05/1953

I'm going to go out on a limb here and will probably offend some but, here goes....

The "church" we know, attend, make a mental picture of today, is nothing resembling the "Church" 2000 years ago that is still described to this day in God's Word. Today, the American Church is not considered a "church" by majority of Christians unless it has a sanctuary with pews and a pulpit built by men's hands. Jesus Himself said (and was accused at His trial) that the only temple built by man's hands and was ordained to be done so by God, would be destroyed. He preached that God does not come into wooded walled buildings nor "whited sepulchres" but..., into the heart...the soul of man/woman.(Luke 17:20-21)

No, I am not ditzing churches as a whole but, most have become "Corporate Businesses" and suck True Life rather than give it. While it is true we should not forsake gathering with other saints, that can be fulfilled easily without attending a "501c whore" as some call them. In my short time as an evangelist, I do not see a "church" that will be able to "endure unto the end" when great Tribulation comes. At least not in the models we have today. The New Testament Church met in private homes in the midst of persecution. It wasn't until the Sun God Worshipper, Constantine came along that they became a tool of political and spiritual dominion over people's lives. The "Reformation" did not do what many claim it did and Luther did not separate himself from that church. All he did was spread her likeness in structure and organization into what we call protestant churches today.

In short, those who can and do walk daily in Jesus Christ regardless whether they can attend a physical structure to worship in or not, have their "house built upon the rock". Those who cannot exist or even imagine their Christian Walk being anything without their precious corner building existing, are on "shifting sand" and in a precariously dangerous place.