IGNORED

Ozzy Osbourne....a very nice guy???

Christian

Guest jckduboise
Well it depends on what and how we judge and why.

So it is not simple. I agree we are not to judge the state of someone's eternal soul, we also are not to judge those on the outside of the faith according to Paul. But we are indeed to judge those on the inside according to Paul. I think Lady Raven was simply saying that Osborne is not a Christian and I agree with her, which is an important thing to say if he or anybody else is claiming he is a Christian. Not for the sake of judgement of ozzy, but for the sake of those who are not yet believers.

We live in a crude, hedonistic culture, if we take away the veneer of some outward shows of Christian belief, our culture is essentially pagan in its actions. Ozzy is a part of that, and I have no problem criticizing ANYTHING on t.v. particularly MTV or the type of reality show which is the Osbornes. Are these people we should point out are the models? Should our kids be watching this guy and say what a success!!! Although from what I have seen of the show Ozzy is a walking anti-drug ad, the guys sounds half brain dead, his brain is half gone.

So I think it is okay to criticize that, but where does it cross the line into judgementalism? It is a hard line. I guess I would error on the side of not judging. What I mean is given two choices, to judge when judgement may be called for, or to judge when it is not called for, which is the most dangerous mistake to make for our souls? I think it is safer for our souls to remain silent when judgement may be called for, than it is to judge others when we should not be. It is one reason I am glad I am not a pastor or a deacon who are charged with instituting church discipline.

Talk about coming full circle in one post.

in agreement with you..

Guest jckduboise

Actually Ozzy is a believer in Christ. He rededicated his life right after 9/11

He's going through changes? :emot-hug:

LOL yeah I guess you would call it that. Think about it some are saved and just don't let it show. I was that way for a looooooooooooooong time! :blink:

:):P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Ozzy Osburne, eh, what? Let the Apostle Paul speak: "If any man be in Christ Jesus, he is a new creation; old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Cor. 5:17).

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Right, so if Ozzy is claiming he is a Christian, than we should be even more severe in pointing out that he is not showing that faith in any way, and in fact because he is a public figure and intentionally so, it is even more important that we point out that how he acts is not in anyway following Christ if indeed his actions are not showing any evidence of salvation. I don

Guest Swordsman_02
In a recent thread I came across this statement by a believer which I found absurd.
Ozzy seems like a very nice guy---I 'd love to meet him !.................I'd be willing to wager...that his funeral showings, will be larger than the pope himself......I've actually felt the goosebumps from his music......and yano.....all that mention of the devil.....you should acctually "read" the lyrics to "war pigs"...they're actually quite God glorifying. "oh lord yea!"

I think he...and not unlike many before /after him.....enjoy "shocking" the christians.

Having a desire to shed a better "Light" on the matter I wanted to supply some other lyric snippets to Mr. Osbourne's "glorifying" music for your review...

From"Denial"

You are my only daughter, I guess I made you twice

You look inside my other, he'll give you bad advice

I will tell you I'm OK, but deep inside I'm afraid

I don't drink holy water, I'm not a son of Christ

I ain't no black messiah, and I don't load my dice

You can tell me you're all right, but why you so afraid?

You're in denial, you never will believe it's you

Denial, you always hide behind the truth

You'll never believe it, you never believe it's you

I don't think I'm amazing. In fact I'm quite insane

To live inside my bucket, with all my plastic chains

People tell me every time, I look at the wron all right

From N.I.B.

Now I have you with me under my power

Our love grows stronger now with every hour

Look into my eyes you'll see who I am

My name is Lucifer please take my hand

Follow me now and you will not regret

Leaving the life you led before we met

You are the first to have this love of mine

Forever with me 'till the end of time

Your love for me has just got to be real

Before you know the way I'm going to feel

I'm going to feel

I'm going to feel

Now I have you with me under my power

Our love grows stronger now with every hour

Look into my eyes you'll see who I am

My name is Lucifer please take my hand

Oh yeah, and the ever "glorifying" War Pigs, which I've included Ozzy's original lyrics.

Walpurgis

(Walpurgis is the original name of this song - and it had totally different lyrics back then, but the same music. The only place where this version of the song is (legally) available is on the Ozzy "Ozzman Cometh" Greatest Hits CD.)

Witches gather at black masses

Bodies burning in red ashes

On the hill the church in ruin

Is the scene of evil doings

It's a place for all bad sinners

Watch them eating dead rats' innards

I guess it's the same whereever you may go

Oh Lord yeah

Carry banners which denounce the lord

See me rocking in my grave

See them anoint my head with dead rat's blood

See them stick the stake through me

Oh

Don't hold me back cause I've just gotta go

They've got a hold of my soul now

Lords got my brain instinct with blood obscene

Look in my eyes I'm there enough

Yeah

On the scene a priest appears

Sinners falling at his knees

Satan sends out funeral pyre

Casts the priest into the fire

It's the place for all bad sinners

Watch them eating dead rats' innards

I guess it's the same whereever you may go

Oh lord yeah

So how is this disgusting lyric considered "God glorifying"???

That is NOT God glorifying. And did someone say this was AC/DC? I had no clue they were like this.

Edited by Swordsman_02

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

..just for the record and tenderly spoken..I am a sister..smiles

;) For some reason, I thought your name was Jack. :taped: I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer. :o

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

..just for the record and tenderly spoken..I am a sister..smiles

:b: For some reason, I thought your name was Jack. :taped: I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer. :laugh:

Jack + ie ;)

:o Now I get it! Jack with an "ie". ;)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Actually Ozzy is a believer in Christ. He rededicated his life right after 9/11

He's going through changes? :taped:

LOL yeah I guess you would call it that. Think about it some are saved and just don't let it show. I was that way for a looooooooooooooong time! :o

Like I said, my friend, other than the language, did absolutely nothing spiritually visible for over 3 years. I guess he was "learning". I work that way as well, but not on so long of cycles. I learn with very little practical application for a while, then I spend some time where my focus is on "resting" and then suddenly changes start happening as God applies the knowledge to the my spirit and my spirit makes the changes.

I haven't seen anything about Ozzy for a few years, I would have no idea if anythng changed since I last watched the show. I hope that he did rededicate/come to Christ. I think he'd make some really interesting praise music in eternity, don't you?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Well it depends on what and how we judge and why.

So it is not simple. I agree we are not to judge the state of someone's eternal soul, we also are not to judge those on the outside of the faith according to Paul. But we are indeed to judge those on the inside according to Paul. I think Lady Raven was simply saying that Osborne is not a Christian and I agree with her, which is an important thing to say if he or anybody else is claiming he is a Christian. Not for the sake of judgement of ozzy, but for the sake of those who are not yet believers.

We live in a crude, hedonistic culture, if we take away the veneer of some outward shows of Christian belief, our culture is essentially pagan in its actions. Ozzy is a part of that, and I have no problem criticizing ANYTHING on t.v. particularly MTV or the type of reality show which is the Osbornes. Are these people we should point out are the models? Should our kids be watching this guy and say what a success!!! Although from what I have seen of the show Ozzy is a walking anti-drug ad, the guys sounds half brain dead, his brain is half gone.

So I think it is okay to criticize that, but where does it cross the line into judgementalism? It is a hard line. I guess I would error on the side of not judging. What I mean is given two choices, to judge when judgement may be called for, or to judge when it is not called for, which is the most dangerous mistake to make for our souls? I think it is safer for our souls to remain silent when judgement may be called for, than it is to judge others when we should not be. It is one reason I am glad I am not a pastor or a deacon who are charged with instituting church discipline.

Talk about coming full circle in one post.

in agreement with you..

Actually, to be more accurate, I was saying that based on the evidence presented on the show, I saw nothing which led me to believe he was...at the time the show was taped. I allowed for the possibility that he was in some sort of latent stage, and I do allow for things which might have happened since the taping of that show. I still do periodically pray for him also.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

micen2, I like the 'realness' in your personality. But do a study on the holiness of God. Ozzie's not there brother, not at all. Holiness is something we know so little about these days.

You're right....mmmm....didn't think of that. You and i were selected by God because we were holy...................sorry bro...I forgot. My bad. ;)

salvation is available to all men.............................. all.

It is not God's will that any should perish.....any.

You completely missed the point. Holiness is what we, meaning (all) of us strive for or we are only kidding ourselves.

"Holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord."

- Hebrews 12:14