• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Oh, FC, what do you mean ending it all? You don't mean suicide, do you? :)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

FC--you've got way too much feistiness in you to mean that! :)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Christian friends and spiritual authority, like a pastor, someone to be spiritually accountable to who can also lead and guide in a mentorly way.

That's a challenge...My experience has been very poor I'm afraid.

The following letter outlines my experience. Note that the pastor did show up at the picnic, but shunned my family and I. Also, not even the family we helped through that picnic has contacted us (the family had their house burn down, my wife and i arranged the picnic as a relief effort. We raised over $4000 for the family.)

Here it is, my letter of deprature...

I am writing this letter in response to a request you made for me to contact you. I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. I needed time for prayer reflection to come up with the proper response.

I will never forget the lesson I learned during this last foray into the church. I took a lesson from my past and decided to retreat before contacting you or anyone from the church. That way I could make sure I was a calm and collected individual.

From the beginning of my return to the church, I said that I would not do anything out of line with what leadership wanted at Full Gospel. Pastor LJ informed me last summer that I could not rejoin the worship team because of poor attendance in the month of August, 2005. I

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Church is for believers and seekers. :)

Ok...thanks!

I hope I can find one that welcomes me.....Been rather tough lately...really tough. I'm ashamed to say that I am considering ending it all soon

Ending what?

Don't let the crappy people get you down hun, if they do, they win, if they don't you win :P

there is a church that will welcome you somewhere, and if there isn't one any time soon, sit in the pew alone if you have to, you have the right to be there whether they like it or not. :21:

Oh, FC, what do you mean ending it all? You don't mean suicide, do you? :)

Yes

Church is for believers and seekers. :)

Ok...thanks!

I hope I can find one that welcomes me.....Been rather tough lately...really tough. I'm ashamed to say that I am considering ending it all soon

Ending what?

Don't let the crappy people get you down hun, if they do, they win, if they don't you win :P

there is a church that will welcome you somewhere, and if there isn't one any time soon, sit in the pew alone if you have to, you have the right to be there whether they like it or not. :21:

The following letter outlines my experience. Note that the pastor did show up at the picnic, but shunned my family and I. Also, not even the family we helped through that picnic has contacted us (the family had their house burn down, my wife and i arranged the picnic as a relief effort. We raised over $4000 for the family.)

Here it is, my letter of deprature...

I am writing this letter in response to a request you made for me to contact you. I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. I needed time for prayer reflection to come up with the proper response.

I will never forget the lesson I learned during this last foray into the church. I took a lesson from my past and decided to retreat before contacting you or anyone from the church. That way I could make sure I was a calm and collected individual.

From the beginning of my return to the church, I said that I would not do anything out of line with what leadership wanted at Full Gospel. Pastor LJ informed me last summer that I could not rejoin the worship team because of poor attendance in the month of August, 2005. I

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

FC, Suicide is an eternal means to a temporary problem. If you don't fele right being Christian, you don't have to be. Be what makes you happy. Love your family and friends. Life is more than God and Church.

Edited by Arialia

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Life IS in knowing God...outside Him is death--eternally. Arialia, do not presume to counsel a Christian about such things.

Life IS in knowing God...outside Him is death--eternally. Arialia, do not presume to counsel a Christian about such things.

I appreciate all feedback, thanks.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I was a Christian myself. I was suffering depression and thoughts of suicide.

I no longer am. I don't know if it had anything to do with my loss of religion and God. But I am happy now, caring about my family and friends and everyone I know moe than some God.