• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Pleeeaaase, you'r kidding me, aren't you. Romans 13 tells us to surrender our thumbprints to the DMV?

Now I've heard everything.

Even though I don't have a problem with the ID's..... I really do agree that Romans 13 is not applicable here. The people of the times of this scripture had no recourse to anything political except rebellion.... that is not the case in our world today for we the people make the laws and change them..... we have a choice as to what we do in the long run.

Romans 13 applies as a principle to be followed when the government is following Romans 13. When they are not, it's a matter of discretion.

thanks fresno :mgdetective:

biscuit, yes, even walking down the street you are required to have i.d.

if for any reason you are stopped by a public servant, whether you are jaywalking, or if someone tried to mug you, or you were hit by a bus and taken to the ER, or whatever, they need to be able to know who you are. medical purposes is a huge factor, but so are the legal reasons... how would you feel if you knew that a serial rapist or pedophile who had failed to register with the state regarding his residency were to be stopped by cops or taken to the hospital or whatever, and let back onto the street because he said his name was joe blow? that's a very likely scenario for someone not carrying i.d., which is why it's required by law.

i guess you never watch the show COPS, do ya? the non-ID carrying victims usually get a stern verbal warning (actually they get reamed out pretty good), or a ticket with a small fine, so it's not a law that's strictly enforced, but it IS a law.

for the record, i don't base my information on the tv show. i lived in texas for 36 years. my mom worked at the hospital, i dated a fireman for a couple of years, and i had numerous friends on the police force. i mentioned cops because i've seen episodes where people got in trouble for that which took place in several states.

Could you please provide a link showing that it is law that you have photo ID in Texas?

After reading your posts I became concerned because what you are saying sounds like the Gestapo is in Texas.

So I did some research to see what was going on in Texas.

I have found nowhere anything that says anyone is required by law to have photo Id. I looked on government websites and the texas DMV website. If ID was required surely they would say so.

In fact I found where a Judge had overthrown a rule in Texas that voters were required to show photo ID, provided they had their voters registration card and proof of residence. So the claim that anyone must show their ID anytime it is asked for is clearly incorrect.

I also found on Texas's vital records site that]if you don't have photo Id, there are other documents you can use to obtain your birth certificate. If photo ID were required by law, surely this would not be the case.

i wasn't ignoring you, i've been out of town for several days and just got back. i'll see what i can find online tomorrow if i have time between cleaning up this pigsty that somehow transformed itself into a bachelor pad in three days! if i forget or don't find time, might i suggest you put in a phone call to any local police dept in texas and ask them... unless laws have changed in the last five years since i moved to nevada, it is still required to carry ID if you're over the age of 16.

by the way, may i remind everyone that the mark of the beast is something we will have to choose or reject.... as opposed to our fingerprint, which is a mark that GOD HIMSELF gave each of us.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

You guys have made some great points (on both sides) and I will study this more.

I have been looking on the internet trying to find out which states require fingerprints and which states require facial recognition/imaging for a driver license. I think 15 or so states do the prints and fewer do the facial thing, although all states are supposed to be doing these things by May 2008. I am especially interested about whether Texas is already doing the facial recognition. I read it was "shot down" by legislators but that the DMV went ahead and started it anyway. Does anyone know? Would appreciate a link if possible. Thanks and God bless. :ph34r:

James

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

I'm hearing about lots of state-tracking stuff is supposed to be being phased in in 2008. Kind of makes you wonder about that year.......

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  454
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/19/1985

As far as I know Biscuit...No but I got my license a few years back and I don't intend on losing it. Just to find out.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

by the way, may i remind everyone that the mark of the beast is something we will have to choose or reject.... as opposed to our fingerprint, which is a mark that GOD HIMSELF gave each of us.

Exactly God himself gave us fingerprints, and I'm sure he didn't give them to us for the purpose of being identified as property by the state government of Texas, or the federal government, or any government for that matter.

Looks like this is the sort of thing you would be trusting your thumbprints to. This is the corruption that has bubbled to the surface, how much do you think is hidden? See article:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metrop...an/4138905.html

You guys have made some great points (on both sides) and I will study this more.

I have been looking on the internet trying to find out which states require fingerprints and which states require facial recognition/imaging for a driver license. I think 15 or so states do the prints and fewer do the facial thing, although all states are supposed to be doing these things by May 2008. I am especially interested about whether Texas is already doing the facial recognition. I read it was "shot down" by legislators but that the DMV went ahead and started it anyway. Does anyone know? Would appreciate a link if possible. Thanks and God bless. :thumbsup:

James

My friend just sent me this by email:

http://caffeinatedsecurity.com/blog/archiv...al-recognition/

I looked into the subject and found these links also:

http://www.govtech.net/magazine/channel_story.php/45916

http://www.digimarc.com/about/release.asp?newsID=477

http://www.govtech.net/magazine/channel_st...93210&vw=hl

This is really amazing, I was about to send this message when I just had to urge to go back to the pages I was looking at and this one seemed to "jump off the page at me" and it is particularly relevant to what you were saying:

http://gritsforbreakfast.blogspot.com/2005...n-id-theft.html

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Not all Musloims are terrorists, but all terrorists tend to be Muslim. Finger-print all Muslims for starters! Little old ladies don't carry bomb material in shoes! RIGHT ON!

God Bless America Indeed!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com