IGNORED

Vision & Word: Faithfulness

Guest jer2_5

Guest jer2_5

This vision and word were given to my by the Lord with instruction to go and tell.

I felt as though a hand was on me, and I heard a voice say,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Sounds entirely Scriptural to me.

Guest jer2_5

You want my opinion? My opinion is irrelevent to the word of God but I'll give it to you because you've asked for it but please take it as just that - my opinion.

No, barrels are not used anywhere in the Bible. It is merely a corralation, an image used to represent. Barrels tend to be large and very heavy when filled - at its peak, I imagine the same to be true of the Lord's wrath. There are 4 of them - one for each of the four corners of the earth and in Revelation a third of the earth will be destroyed. Is it not plausable that destruction will come on each of the four corners?

To say that I believe it to be a precursor to anything, I cannot say. I believe it is possible. I believe that there will be a time of great destruction when those who are truly faithful will be protected from the disasters and I believe that time is very near.

Yes, I believe He is speaking to His church, His people. We live in a time when so many have grown complacent to many of the Bible's teachings and so few actually serve Him with honesty, sincerity and faithfulness. I am as guilty of it as the next but I am learning the truth of these words and learning to walk in them. By choice I have committed everything I have and everything I am to Him because I believe it to be the best way to allow Him to use me as He desires.

As for the rest of it, let me put some prayer into it and I will get back with you. I hesitate to speak too much of my own opinion concerning the ways of the Lord. Far be it from me that anything I say should contradict His word. Where, then, would be my faithfulness to Him? I will get back with you on the rest of this tonight.

After a full day of work and some solid prayer, here is the rest of my opinion - and it is just that - an opinion.

Yes, I think this particular vision has a great deal to do with tribulation and rapture. I think we may be, perhaps, closer than we actually realize and I think we as Christians need to take a good hard look at our beliefs and our position on many things in this world. We serve a God who is above all things and does not compromise with anyone for any reason. He states that we are to be holy because He is holy. How, then, can we say we serve an uncompromising God with honesty, sincerity, and faithfulness and yet compromise ourselves? It is an impossiblity and such compromise is unacceptable. Revelation 3:15-16 says "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm - meither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you out of my mouth." Compromise cannot stand side by side with faithfulness.

Understand, too, in my opinion there is a reason for the words "sincerity" and "honesty." Each of these is different from the word "truth." I truly believe that one can serve in truth but not in honesty or sincerity. In other words, you can do all the right things for all the wrong reasons. Personally, I believe the Lord is wanting His people to deeply (sincerity) and willingly (honestly) obey continuously (faithfulness) the One we call Savior. Returning to the first love is another way of putting it. Too many go through the motions without examining their heart and soul to be sure their motives are as real as their actions.

Sounds kind of critical but please understand every opinion I've stated concerning the Body of Christ I truly include myself within. I am as guilty of these same sins as many others.

This is my opinion only. I hope it answered some of your questions. God be with you.

Edited by jer2_5