OK to kill babies after they're born

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Botticelli: Good point about Hitler. I wondered if anyone would remember how he emptied out the crippled-children's homes for slaughter and we're on the same path....

But we're more "politically correct" these days.. We don't call it murder. For instance, "Partial Birth Abortion" is politely called "Dilation Extraction".

Uh-hem.....

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/29/1990

:emot-handshake:

My aunt has down syndrome....i dont even want to think of people doing something like that

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Even the worst Muslim extremists don't do this.

Dan

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Didn't Singer work for the Kerry Campaign?

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

that's a different peter singer. he works out of the brookings institute, i believe, on international relations, policy, etc. so decidedly NOT bioethics.

nevertheless, i just wanted to remind anyone that singer hardly represents the mainstream in bioethics.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Whysoblind, you're missing something. . .

These purists will stilll need stupid people to serve them. So, they will have a use for them.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

justinm-i like your style.

actually if we're looking at where this argument goes, it heads more in the direction of genetic engineering - culling disease and other genetic "mistakes" that way. it will be an interesting subject to watch.

interestingly enough, the idea of a "slippery slope" is actually a flawed notion that generally doesn't play out in society. it's more of a scare tactic usually. a good case study is japan, which has a cultural history of infanticide (and of an altogether different conception of life - because of the notion of reincarnation, life and rebirth are historically seen as a cycle through the world of mortals and the world of the divine, and a child is not fully in the world till he or she has reached the age of 13). as abortion became more widely practiced, incidences of infantacide decreased dramatically (obviously). contraception is not totally accepted (for various reasons), yet as it gains prominence, the number of abortions/year is steadily decreasing. in other words, japan is going "up the slippery slope!"

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I am not surprised at all. I think the man is logical and consequent in his dealings with the matter. If a scientist believes that it is o.k to kill a child under certain conditions then there really is no stopping them now, is there? I mean, where will it end? .. Pre-natal screening to see if the child will be genetically pure? Implanting only pre-approved embryos?

This sounds like sci-fi stuff, but it is fast becomming reality.

Murder is murder. Plain and simple. Killing the unborn is murder, just as killing the already born is murder. Reminds me of the lady who worked in the abortion clinic which was the victim of a bomb attack about a year ago, remember that? This lady who made a living out of killing the unborn was outraged at the bombing and pronounced judgement on herself: "The person who killed my boss deserves the death penalty".

Oh Lord, have mercy on us all..

Prov.18:36 "But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul; All those who hate me love death.

quote georgesbluegirl: "actually if we're looking at where this argument goes, it heads more in the direction of genetic engineering - culling disease and other genetic "mistakes" that way. it will be an interesting subject to watch. "

What's the difference between this and the purist concepts Hitler and his Nazis lived by. The same people that believe we are on a path of enlightenment and are evolving into more spiritual beings everyday, are the same people that embrace Darwin, and those evil purist ideologies. They want the strong, healthy (and eventually beautiful) to survive and kill anyone who is weak, including developing human beings, fully developed, but unborn human beings, then they start with the elderly and invalids and will make their way to cancer victims, obese and people who suffer from heart disease.

Some people, who think they're oh so beautiful and glamorous are the same people that are so insecure about themselves that they will not allow "ugly" people near them, because it may make them look bad.

Society constantly makes the same mistakes over and over again. It sacrifices its young, kills its weak, loses its identity, then it loses its existence. I would say the US is beginning to go through the middle two right now.

quote georgesbluegirl: "actually if we're looking at where this argument goes, it heads more in the direction of genetic engineering - culling disease and other genetic "mistakes" that way. it will be an interesting subject to watch. "

What's the difference between this and the purist concepts Hitler and his Nazis lived by. The same people that believe we are on a path of enlightenment and are evolving into more spiritual beings everyday, are the same people that embrace Darwin, and those evil purist ideologies. They want the strong, healthy (and eventually beautiful) to survive and kill anyone who is weak, including developing human beings, fully developed, but unborn human beings, then they start with the elderly and invalids and will make their way to cancer victims, obese and people who suffer from heart disease.

Some people, who think they're oh so beautiful and glamorous are the same people that are so insecure about themselves that they will not allow "ugly" people near them, because it may make them look bad.

Society constantly makes the same mistakes over and over again. It sacrifices its young, kills its weak, loses its identity, then it loses its existence. I would say the US is beginning to go through the middle two right now.