IGNORED

V for Vendetta

O'Dannyboy

I haven't compared the movie with the Christian right. You are the one who has made that connection.

I never said "you" did. I'm saying "they" did.

The timing and subject matter of that movie were highly suspect. I'm glad it wasn't as obvious to you. I hope no one else saw it either...but it was a thin veil.

I quote myself....

Luckily, it was so stupid and void of reality that not many people would have understood that.....thank God

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

you all are getting off the point of the movie, its about a government that has used religion to hide behind, and fear to rule over its own people and eliminate the "undesireables", much like the nazis. any attacks on people, religions, or groups of any kind were used to reinforce the fact that this government is forcing its opinion on the people, not as a real world indirect attack against those groups

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Anyone else read the graphic novel by Alan Moore it was based off? Intense read. The movie Matrix-ified it a bit... :)

On the director's commentary on the DVD, it's mentioned that current political trends are addressed in the film to make it more contemporary.

I preferred the original take from the comic.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/25/1978

Never watched the movie but it is amazing how christians view it differently - this would mean that the level of discernment is more evident in some than others i am amazed when some say that there was suptle hints of homosexuality, and Christ bashing and yet others say they loved it - and it was the best movie in years. Does this mean some are tolerant or are others able to discern whats of God and whats not?

Edited by Nevin

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

I watched this movie with my fiancee. If it had in fact "bashed christ" or "endorsed homosexuality" my fiancee would have noticed and made comments. But he never did. In fact he later bought the movie.

I did not really find the movie that great...i fell asleep a few times and was annoyed to be woken by the very many swear words.