SteveMcqueen

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Truth to tell, Richard Dawkins is a blind leader of the blind, His (motley) hero, Chuch Darwin, was "eaten up" by Jesus Christ many years ago. The second law of thermodynamics & the sterility of hybrids, plus thousands upon thousands of missing species helped bury Ole Galapagos! And, of course, (Bible) churches ARE lighthouses. Arialia, do you Sudoku?

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  314
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Steve McQueen (I like your name, by the way), you're going to have to be resigned to the fact that these people can use their cop out card of "God can do anything" whenever they want, and of course, they have it justified =S

It's totally unfair, but yeah. It's the truth.

(will get attacked for this)

Aralia this hurts my feelings. God can do anything is not a cop out but our personal beliefs. We answer your questions not out of trying to prove you wrong, or trying to keep from losing face, but they are sincere responses about our religion, our belief and our way of life. If you do not like them you can always find another forum. Perhaps an atheist forum where most share your point of view. As I thought my previous statment fell on deaf ears.

How do you veiw your personal posessions and how do you keep yourself moral upright, also, how does it make you feel when you do these things?

Edited by Matthitjah

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  872
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/24/1981

My question is this: How is it that we see light from stars which are millions of light years away from Earth? If the world/universe was only 6000 years old, then wouldn't we only see the light from stars fewer than 6000 light years away from us?

The world and universe are not 6000 years old. The world is 4.5 billion years old, and the universe 13.7 billion. So you made a false assumption about what we all believe, and our rationale.

The second law of thermodynamics only applies to closed systems. The earth has energy input from the sun, so complexity can increase.

*sigh*

The second law of thermodynamics is universal, in closed or open systems. I should know, I'm a physicist. However, the second law only implies that entropy cannot decrease in a closed system. In an open system, the second law still applies, but it just doesn't necessitate an increase in entropy.

At least you kindof knew the answer AAA, Arthur Durnan wouldn't know thermodynamics if he fell over it, he did well to get the spelling right.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Content Count:  7,843
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Personally, I'm not at all sure that the earth IS 14.5 billion years old. There is as much evidence to support the young earth theory as there is to support the 'old' earth theory.

Nobody knows for sure, or is able to provide sound scientific proof of what they believe.

So I am not willing to throw away my belief that God could have created the earth in six days, six thousand or so years ago.

Don't suspend your belief, people. The truth is out there!

Personally, I'm not at all sure that the earth IS 14.5 billion years old. There is as much evidence to support the young earth theory as there is to support the 'old' earth theory.

Nobody knows for sure, or is able to provide sound scientific proof of what they believe.

So I am not willing to throw away my belief that God could have created the earth in six days, six thousand or so years ago.

Don't suspend your belief, people. The truth is out there!

Ask a geologist about the earth being 4.5 billion years old. He'll give you the proof you want.

Ask a physicist about the age of the universe. Hey, we've got one here!

Ask God about your creation, and your accountability to him.

He'll give you an answer

Ask God about your creation, and your accountability to him.

He'll give you an answer

I already did. Got crickets chirping.

It may have got crickets chirping.

It will get you dancing!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

Christians can get so hung up in the whole "young earth/old earth" thing that I think they forget the main part of it all: "In the beginning, God created"

Yes it would be nice to have some definate answers either way, but don't let your whole faith hang in the balance on whether it was six 24hr periods, or six vast amounts of time - so long as you recognise that God created it, then what does it matter how long He took?

I'm sure this may cause some uproar with people here about taking God's Word literally and all, but then when you look at the Hebrew and see the word "yom" for "day" which can mean either a period of time or an actual day.. which is literal? :)

Anyway..

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Christians can get so hung up in the whole "young earth/old earth" thing that I think they forget the main part of it all: "In the beginning, God created"

Yes it would be nice to have some definate answers either way, but don't let your whole faith hang in the balance on whether it was six 24hr periods, or six vast amounts of time - so long as you recognise that God created it, then what does it matter how long He took?

I'm sure this may cause some uproar with people here about taking God's Word literally and all, but then when you look at the Hebrew and see the word "yom" for "day" which can mean either a period of time or an actual day.. which is literal? :)

Anyway..

In the original Bible, the word is yom, which is a 24 hour period, not a "metaphorical day".

If it was "millions of years", the Bible wouldn't refer to the evening and morning of each day.

"The Hebrew word for

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  872
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/24/1981

You've obviously not talked to me. It's a big statement saying that "nobody" can provide sound scientific proof of what they believe. I can. So can pretty much any geologist or physicist you speak to. They'll also be able to disspell the flawed creationist "proofs" that the earth is young.

I suggest you ask one.