IGNORED

Worthy News: Muslim Youths Destroy 10 Nigerian Churches - Worthy News

Guest shiloh357
In this day and age it is possible that one day a very unstable person is going to come into one of these Christian forums and read how evil and un-Christian all Muslims are. And that it's God's will to see them dead. Then they will go out and start shooting those people who they think walk, talk, and look like Muslims because "God wants them to". There are people who are unable or unwilling to accept that some Muslims ARE Christians and do not hate America. They just see what they see and that's it. And don't think that it's not likely to happen either. We just haven't heard about it yet.

Well so far, no one has in these forums suggested that all Muslims are evil and that God wants them dead. So it is hard to see that they could get inspiration from us to go on killing spree.

If all it takes is to read something on a messageboard to send someone over the edge like that, they had problems before they logged on.

There are people who are unable or unwilling to accept that some Muslims ARE Christians
You cannot be a Muslim and Christian, River. You can be a Muslim OR a Christian but not both. I don't see where you arrive at the conclusion that someone can be a Muslim and a Christian.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Days Won:  0

Should have known River would shift his advocacy, he's a liberal afterall.

You said that we do not worship the same God, but then came back and said that some Muslims are Christians...what's the deal? Islam is not a race, it is a belief system that competes with Chrisitanity and is mutually exclusive to it. Therefore, the two cannot occupy the same space in the realm of truth.

• Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Christianity.....

God sent Jesus to die for us so we could have Eternal Life with Him.

Islam......

Kill, kill, and kill the infedel. Then you can go to "heaven" and have 7 virgins.....and if you blow yourself up in the process......oh boy!!!!!!

Guest shiloh357
And forgive my miss-use of the term Muslim where I should have been using Islamic instead. Though there are people of a nominal Muslim background who refer to themself as a Muslim-Christian just as there are those of Jewish heritage who call themself Jewish-Christians. They have broken from the origin of their religious background but hold for personal reasons their ancestry.

Wrong agian.

1. Jewish is a race. Judaism is the religion of the Jewish people. Jewish Christians are not adherants to both Judaism and Christianity. The two cannot be mixed. While they may participate in area of Jewish culture that are biblical they cannot and do not profess to be both adherant to both the religion of Judaism and Christianity. Judaism denies the Messiah and as such precludes the possiblity that one can adhere to both religions.

2. Muslim is not a race. A Muslim is an aherant to Islam. One can be a an Arab Christian, but they cannnot be "Muslim/Christian. A former Muslim cannot hang to Islam and still be "Christian." Islam and Christianity are not at all compatible.

I suggest that you re-read some of the posts in this forum. There is an blatant and blanketed disdain for all things Muslim, Islamic, or non-Jewish Middle East.
I have said that there is nothing about Islam to respect. Islam has brought nothing good to the world. Islam has nothing but a history of bloodshed and wars perpretrated in the quest of world dominance. The history of Islam precludes any right to being "respected."

That is not the same thing as saying that we should hate all Muslims and that God wants all Muslims dead. That is just another one of your liberal, over the top mischaracterizations.

Be realistic. Just as it's possible for kids to learn from record lyrics, video games and the internet to go and kill so can a mentally unbalanced person pick up something they've read on a forum.
I am being realistic. I said that no one here has promoted the hatred of all Muslims, nor have they said that God wants all Muslims dead.

Would you really want to risk that some reckless remark you've made might send someone off the deep end?
I have said nothing reckless. I just possess a level of honesty that you don't want to face up to. It is people like you that enbolden the terrorists by your protrayal of islam as something that should be "respected." You can respect a "religion" that promotes violence , gender inequality, female apartheid, religious intolerance, racial discrimination, child abuse, and poverty. I reserve my respect for Christianity. I will not respect or treat as valid, the "religion" of Islam.

I've not wavered on my beliefs. Try again.

Should have known River would shift his advocacy, he's a liberal afterall.

You said that we do not worship the same God, but then came back and said that some Muslims are Christians...what's the deal? Islam is not a race, it is a belief system that competes with Chrisitanity and is mutually exclusive to it. Therefore, the two cannot occupy the same space in the realm of truth.

My statement remains the same, two mutually exclusive beliefs cannot remain. YOu have not and cannot deal with this unless you reject Christ.

River, being a Muslim is not a part of your nationality, it is your religion. "Islam" and "Muslim" are not a race. You skirted my point - you said that there can be Muslim Christians. No, there cannot be such a thing because the beliefs are mutually exclusive. There can be southeast asian Christians, there can be Arab Christians, there can be Turkish Christians, there can be Hebrew Christians (Hebrew/Jew is a race in case you were ignorant of that as well), but there cannot be Muslim Christians, Mormon Christians, Buddhist Christians, etc. The beliefs are mutually exclusive.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

While I do not blame all muslims for the acts of "radicals" I do hold them accountable (to some degree) for the acts of those who share the same religion. If some faction in the middle east began killing muslims in Jesus name it would be our responisbility to deal with them for Jesus name sake. Similarly, I hold Muslims responsible to confont those who bring dishonor upon their faith. Sadly, Islam is not being betrayed because most, if not all, of the acts committed by these "radicals" are supported by the Koran as well as Islamic leaders who are trusted, like the pope, to interprate holy writ/scripture. The acts of violence are not nearly as troublesome as Islams unwillingness to denounce/and or confront those responsible. Instead, every time Mohammed makes the news, muslims across the world protest and threaten violence to those who dishonor their prophet. Christiandom has suffered quite a few black eyes, since Jesus came, thanks to men who were Christians only in name and we as Christians are still apologising for the actions of those men and those who followed them. Neither the leaders or the followers of Islam ask forgiveness for the "radical" behavior of those who profess the same religion. They simply label such acts of violence as extreme and attempt to deflect any responsibilty by pointing fingers at non-mulsims or Non-muslim nations. As far as I am concerned, their silence does more harm than good in that the ones who are violent, as well as us, are inclined to believe they support such violence.

Had you bothered to read my last post you'd have seen that this is a moot issue now. I'm not repeating myself again. The only confusion or ignorance left on the court isn't mine.

But here is something else for you to not read and then dismiss: http://www.missionfrontiers.org/1997/0710/jo977.htm

It's an older article but it is prevelant to this one-sided discussion you insist on continuing. Maybe you can grasp the concept that there are some Muslims who do consider themselves to be Christian just as some Jews consider themselves to be Christian. Just read it and don't get back to me on it.

God speed and good night.

River, being a Muslim is not a part of your nationality, it is your religion. "Islam" and "Muslim" are not a race. You skirted my point - you said that there can be Muslim Christians. No, there cannot be such a thing because the beliefs are mutually exclusive. There can be southeast asian Christians, there can be Arab Christians, there can be Turkish Christians, there can be Hebrew Christians (Hebrew/Jew is a race in case you were ignorant of that as well), but there cannot be Muslim Christians, Mormon Christians, Buddhist Christians, etc. The beliefs are mutually exclusive.

Well that's cute, you got caught in your spin and now realize you have nothign else to say. I wish all liberals would keep quiet when they realized they had been caught. :emot-pray:

Guest shiloh357
Had you bothered to read my last post you'd have seen that this is a moot issue now. I'm not repeating myself again. The only confusion or ignorance left on the court isn't mine.

But here is something else for you to not read and then dismiss: http://www.missionfrontiers.org/1997/0710/jo977.htm

It's an older article but it is prevelant to this one-sided discussion you insist on continuing. Maybe you can grasp the concept that there are some Muslims who do consider themselves to be Christian just as some Jews consider themselves to be Christian. Just read it and don't get back to me on it.

God speed and good night.

That is about as absurd as saying that we can have "Hindu Christians." You cannot compare Muslim and Jewish people. Jewish is a race. You cannot be a Jew in Judaism and Christianity. You can be a Jewish Christian in the sense that you are a physical Jews who believes in Jesus.

The same cannot be said about Muslims. Muslim is one who has submitted to Islam. Just as Jews must renounce Judaism proper in order to accept Messiah, former Muslims, Hindus Buddhists, tree worshippers, Shintos, and whatever else must also renounce their prior religions in order to accept Christ. You cannot mix any of them with Christianity.

Jesus is not on the same par with Mohammed. One can be a Muslim OR a Christian, but not both. Christianity is also about making a choice to follow Jesus to the exclusion of all other religions or ideologies. Jesus cannot be mixed with other religions.

Guest shiloh357
Regarding those persons who reside in the Middle East, North Africa, South Asia and Southeast Asia and those of Middle Eastern, North African, South Asian and Southeast Asian descent who reside elsewhere in the world:

I feel that as Christians we should not automatically assume that, or categorize as a whole, the entirety of the citizens of the above mentioned countries are: sympathizers of; supporters of; or in fact to be Radical Muslims or members of any other Christian-hating, monotheistic religion.

And as messengers of Christ we should always keep check that our voice and the tone of our speech is heard in a spirit which could not be misinterpreted to appear that we harbor hatred or bigotry based soley on skin color or Nationality.

This is what irks me and what makes my posts seem so crass to you. You continue incorrectly frame the argument. It is extremely frustrating that you continue this silly canard that we are making racist or bigoted remarks and making remarks about various ethnicities.

You continue to insinuate that our position is, #1 Based upon some kind of racist hatred for Middle Eastern people of nonJewish descent. #2 Based upon a broad and sweeping generalization that everyone who claims to be a Muslim is a terrorist or the spawn of satan and that we believe that God wants all of them dead.

Since you really cannot address the specific points I have raised, you decide to mischaracterize my position and that of those who share it.

That is not to say that I don't have a real problem with the so-called "peaceful" Muslims. We are constantly fed the line that MOST Muslims are "peaceful, decent, nonviolent" folks. We have been told that they are just like everyone else, and that the radical faction comprise maybe 1% of the total number of adherents to Islam. Aside from the fact that such claims are not borne out by observable evidence, and are also contradicted by commonly known world history, there is another equally serious problem I have.

Let's assume for a minute that such assertions are true. Why is the majority silent? Why, if the adherents of Islam are so bent upon us believing they are peaceful, do they not actively engage the terrorists? Every Muslim government should be spending their vast resources hunting down, capturing, trying and punishing the terrorists. The problem is that they don't. I really don't care if a spokesman from the Saudi government jumps on CNN and condemns terrorism. That does not mean anything. I am sick of the Muslim world wearing one face meant for Western viewers, but wearing a different face among their countrymen when Western cameras are not running.

You see, silence in the face of the evil perpetrated by the terrorists is equivalent to approval. It is the same thing as saying it is OK. When the Muslim governments of the world are silent and provide absolutely no meaningful assistance in hunting down, capturing, and trying terrorists, when we do not see any ongoing meaningful attempt on their part to provide us with the locations of terrorist cells that our intelligence might not have yet identified, when they are not taking the initiative to clean up their "religion," I have a real problem believing that they are not on the sides of the terrorists. They may not be actually participating in acts of terror, but that does not mean that they are not accessories, by providing shelter, food, encouragement, and inspiration to the terrorists. Their silence, is at the very least, very conspicuous.

If the "peaceful" Muslims are so "anti-terror in their ideology why are they silent when:

1. Muslim children are used as cannon fodder

2. Muslim countries abuse women and treat them as chattel

3. NonMuslims are forced to live as "Dhimmis" (second class citizens devoid of most civil and human rights).

4. Muslim nations are caught funding terrorism and supplying arms to terrorist organizations.

5. Arab children are taught in the schools of the PA that Jews are the descendents of apes and pigs.

6. Muslim nations support the destruction of Israel

7. An organization like Hamas is elected on a Hitleristic platform of genocide

8. Mein Kampf is a best seller in some Arab countries and in the Palestinian territories.

I could go on listing time after time going back well into previous centuries, and all of the heinous acts committed by Muslims and not ONE time are they rounded up by their "peaceful" Muslim brothers and made to pay for their atrocities. Islam is nothing to respect. It is a religion comprised of monsters who only look to shed blood in the name of their "god" allah, and a bunch of cowards who either lack the courage to stand against evil, or are silent because deep down they share the share the same ideology as the radicals.

Either the "peaceful" Muslims are too cowardly to confront the evils of radical Islam, or they are too wicked to want to.