IGNORED

How old is your church?

Guest Angeledei

Guest charlie

Well since it didn't die I'll add one more comment. As a former independent Baptist I'd like to congradulate Angel for finding her way out of that bastion of rotton fruit. Catholicism may not be perfect but it most assuredly comes closer than the independent Baptist.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Catholicism may not be perfect but it most assuredly comes closer than the independent Baptist.

No one can show that catholism is biblical. I mean truely King James biblical. I follow the bible not a "religion"

Guest charlie

<<No one can show that catholism is biblical. I mean truely King James biblical. I follow the bible not a "religion" >>

Balony! I don't even have to know what denomination you belong to. If it's fundamentalist you are not following the Bible. But, keep telling yourself you are, I did for years and just kept pushing those "nagging" little questions to the back of my mine. Some people can keep up the lie for a lifetime. I couldn't. Remember the words of Jesus, Ye shall know the truth and the truth will set you free. The truth does not oppress you, depress you, and twist you in knots everytime you try to explain away those little denominational (in my case Baptist discrepancies) that don't match up to scripture. A good tactic I used to use and I've noticed a lot of people at this forum also use it is to......point the finger at the Catholics. In the past 3 months I've actually been approaching them with an open mind for a change and you know what? A lot of what I was taught about them isn't even true, or has been misconstrued. I don't believe in papal infallacy or the immaculate heart so I won't be converting anytime soon but I'll never step foot in the heretical Baptist church again...EVER. Right now, I'm just miffed that I allowed myself to be lied to for so long.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  287
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I think they were running out of answers and they knew it.

Douey seemed for a moment like he was ready to admit the Pope was fallable.

Don't want to ever admit that! Better to leave.

no artsy lady, I just don't like repeating myself. I never said the Pope was infallible. I didn't leave, I am a busy guy. I don't have time to answer the same question day after day after day. It got to where I was just cutting and pasting the same replies I had made before to the same people about the same questions.

such as "I'm still waiting. I want to know whay a Catholic thinks they have to confess to a priest for forgiveness, and why they do not just pray directly to God themselves."

You're still waiting?

"Douey seemed for a moment like he was ready to admit the Pope was fallable."

first off its Douay with an 'a'. should i go back and answer this whole thing again? what about tomorrow are you going to forget what i said? do i then repost the same thing.

come on people, you aren't really trying to converse here, get a diary to write all of this tripe down in.

the way communication works is you ask a question and then nobody responds because your question is wrong? no, somebody corrects your question. then you ask the same wrong question again. it goes unanswered. your question gets corrected, you ignore it. then go around saying nobody will answer your question. i'm confused, i thought you had to ask a relevant question to get an answer. mystifying .

douay

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  287
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

how can you say that the pope is not infallible, yet hold infallibility for yourselves?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,550
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/15/1943

Gee, I thought this thread died...or at least I hoped it did.

how can you say that the pope is not infallible, yet hold infallibility for yourselves?

All men are fallible. There has only been One who was not....and religion crucified Him.

the Bible is infallible though...Anytime anyone claims to be the "Voice of God" on any matter they are usurping authority that is His alone. It's one thing to say "this is the interpretation I believe is correct" and it's quite another to say, "I speak for God" or "I speak as God"

Especially when they contradict the obvious simplicity of the Word of God.

Like the fairy tale about Miriam being a perpetual virgin.....or the fairy tale about Miriam's (Yeshua's mom) house being flown by angels to Loreto, Italy.

How can anyone who passes off such things as truth have credibility?

• 3 months later...

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

**  If you are a Lutheran, your religion was founded in Germany, by Martin Luther, an ex-monk of the Roman Catholic Church, in the year 1517.

**If you are a Mennonite, your church began in Switzerland, by Grebel, Mantz, and Blaurock, in the year 1525.

**If you are a Presbyterian, your religion was founded by John Knox, in Scotland, in the year 1560.

**If you are a Congregationalist, your religion was originated by Robert Brown, in Holland, in 1583.

**If you are a Baptist, you owe the tenets of your religion to John Smyth, who launched it in Amsterdam, in 1606.

**If you are an Episcopalian, your religion was an offshoot of the Church of England, founded by Samuel Seabury in the American Colonies in the 17th century.

**If you are a Methodist, your religion was launched by John and Charles Wesley, in England, in 1739.

**If you are an Evangelical, you owe the founding of your religion to Jacob Albright, in Pennsylvania, in 1803.

**If you are a Seventh Day Adventist, your religion originated in New York, by William Miller, in 1831.

Greetings,

Well, I'm jumping on this bandwagon a little late, but...

I certainly agree with the principle of what you're saying here. But if you want people to listen to you, please get your facts straight.

Martin Luther is not the founder of any church or religion. It was only many years after his death, and against his wishes, that some people collected his writings and called themselves his followers.

John Knox is not the founder of the Presbyterians. He was one of a number of people (largely influenced by Calvin) who led a movement that eventually became the Presbyterian Church.

Congregationalism is a general term that applies to a large number of denominations. It has no single founder.

The Methodist Church was not founded in England. It was a reform movement within the Church of England, not a separate church. It only became a separate church when the came to America.

No one person can take credit for being the founder of Evangelicals. This is a general term for a large number of Protestant churches.

Likewise, no one person can be called the founder of all Baptists. Many churches have taken that name who have no connection to Seabury.

William Miller is not the founder of Seventh Day Adventists. Surely, they follow his teachings. But the SDA church was established long after his death.

Mennonites are the followers of a guy named Menno Simons (Menno---Mennonite). Other people, later, established splinter groups.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Any denimination or grouping of any kind that says it is the right one and the only right one is wrong. There are only two kingdoms in this universe, represented by those two trees in the garden. The True Jews, Abrahams children of promise are the circumcised in the heart by The Lord Jesus Christ, baptized in The Holy Spirit by The Lord Jesus Christ, and they make up His church and they come from every tribe, tongue, nation, grouping of people in this world, so this is really a useless argument. There are those in all these groups who are, and there are those who aren't, and the only way we are told to determine who is, and who isn't a true believer is by the fruits of the Spirit in their lives, and the only way you can do that is by a personal relationship with them. We are all brothers, some of us make the mistakes of the Cains, and Esuas, and some follow the ways of Joseph, Moses, David etc.. and it has nothing to do with their denomination, only with their personal relationship with Christ. Christ didn't pray that God take us out of the world but that He would keep us from the evils of the world, and I can tell you from my own personal experience that you will find something of the world in every church you can find on this earth. So if you feel called to a church, go there and let your light shine in the darkness. Lets stop putting each other down, and love each other, and I am just as quilty as anyone. Something that will help everyone in this respect is to see The Passion, but you have to go in with the idea of not criticising anything about it and let your self go into Jesus. I am going to go back because I went in with the critical eye looking for it's integrity to Scripture as written, and I didn't realy get it into my spirit till I overcame that, and I don't think I will ever be the same.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

I mean truely King James biblical. I follow the bible not a "religion"

King James biblical? As apposed to some other kind of biblical? I don't understand...