Guest Angeledei

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

We have a priest in our family. My husband's cousin and he grew up together. Cousin "Joe" became a priest. Today, "Cousin" *(er, should I say, "Father Joe") has a large Catholic Church he shepherds in here in Florida.

Cousin Joe (er, should I say, "Father Joe") is as gay as a 3 dollar bill. He'd bring his lovers home to his mother's house and they'd swim in her pool every weekend. He's had a hoard of lovers who come and stay overnight at his mother's house. It's one of the family's "skeletons" in the closet.

Everyone just looks the other way, mostly out of embarassment. The holding and touching in the pool is enough to make everyone sick.

Scandalous behavior fails to honor the holy name of the Savior and we see it constantly in Catholicism. The "fruit" of Cathocism speaks for itself.

I'm very thankful to have escaped it. In fact, I am thankful to have escaped the bondage of "religion" altogether.

I prefer to put my faith where it counts...in Christ Jesus.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Angeledei:

Thankfully, when the scandal broke the Holy Father went after the evil that is within our Holy Church.

Scandal? Angeledei: This happens constantly. It isn't just a scandal. It's rampant within the Catholic Chuch. Just last month, new charges were laid against a priest in my city. It's not longer big news. It's old news that happens regularly.

Do you realize this? Do you ever wonder why this sexual abuse is such a problem with the RC church?

My sympathy is with you and your family. I pray for God's healing in your life and the life of your family. Christ tells us to forgive 70x7.....

Thank you. I do appreciate that very much.

Similar things have happened not only in the Catholic Church, but all churches of every denomination and it will always have an bad effect.

Although I've never heard of it in any other religion, I'm sure it has probably happened. But in the RC church, it's an EPIDEMIC!

I don't have the heart or the energy to debate much more on this subject, but surely you know that the RC church was responsible for covering up the issue. They knew what was going on and rather than calling authorities, they'd move priests around to new locations. You did know that it wasn't just the individuals, but the church itself lending itself to the problem.

My heart ACHES for those who were abused by the Catholic church. Those hurt turn away not just from the RC church, they turn away from God! They link the two together because that is the way they are raised. That the RC church stands for God. And they raise their children to be athiests.

Cats:

That is atrocious. I'm crying. I'm actually sitting here bawling my eyes out.

I'm sorry, Arsty...but it's true. This is in our own family, (my husband's side).

BTW, my whole family is Roman Catholic...I'm the only one who "defected".

I'm not selling out to any denomination. Putting one's faith in man is selling yourself cheap.

I'm selling out to Jesus Christ...HIM, I can trust!

I'm not selling out to any denomination. Putting one's faith in man is selling yourself cheap.

I'm selling out to Jesus Christ...HIM, I can trust!

Amen.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  251
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/31/1943

SINCE I AM THE CHURCH... IT IS ONLY ABOUT SIXTY YEARS OLD..

HOW ABOUT THAT????????

Guest Angeledei
Then, he's called "Father"...yet Jesus warns us against this. No man, apart from one's earthly biological father, is a "Father"...this honor belongs to "God" alone.

HMmmm... exactly where does it say "EXCEPT YOUR EARTHLY FATHER"

You are a sad example of a "christian" you are intolerant and biased. You have NO spirit of humility nor charity!

The behavior of MANY of you is exactly what gives born again "christians" a bad name. I see it over and over again.

You spirit of iniquity to anyone different than you is pathetic!!!!!!!!! If you lack charity you SHALL not see the Kingdom of God! Read the Scriptures!

I don't judge your salvation...I suggest you avoid setting yourself up as a judge.

Your language isn't too charitable, either.

You are a sad example of a "christian"  you are intolerant and biased.  You have NO spirit of humility nor charity!

You spirit of iniquity to anyone different than you is pathetic!!!!!!!!!  If you lack charity you SHALL not see the Kingdom of God!  Read the Scriptures!

This is a prime example of "slamming" someone individually.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  287
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I don't see how people can judge their own salvation either. I have seen it said many times on this forum that the born again Christians on this site are all saved (the word saints was used also) and either converse directly with the Almighty or he is in complete control of their lives. Would someone explain where these beliefs come from? How do they tie in with the religion that touts it?

Douay