IGNORED

Ask a Catholic

Fiosh

ALL Scripture is of God. We tend to part company on some of the interpretation though, don't we?

Could you please interpret Deuteronomy 4:12-19

Thanks.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

ALL Scripture is of God. We tend to part company on some of the interpretation though, don't we?

Could you please interpret Deuteronomy 4:12-19

Thanks.

I will certainly provide the RCC teaching on the matter. :emot-hug:

(Edited by mod)

[Note: there is a crucial distinction between veneration and worship]

Peace,

Fiosh

i'm not game. i have no need to ask for clarification on catholic beliefs. this tells me all i need to know:

A) catholics believe that mary was sinless.

B) catholics believe that mary never had sex with her husband.

if B is true, then it makes A a lie. because God commands a wife to be intimate with her husband. so if she never had sex and was the perpetual virgin, she was sinning against God, AND against her husband.

not that it matters because scripture is clear that A is false anyway.

C) catholics do not believe that the Bible is complete enough to stand on its own merit.

D) despite the denials from every catholic who has ever come on this board, they pray to mary and to the saints. they worship mary as a diety. it is idolatry.

i know that i'll get a flood of denials from all the catholics here, so i'm not going to stay in this thread. i'm just going to post evidence of what i just said and leave it at that.

from the catholic prayers:

'filled with confidence in your goodness and knowing well YOUR full power'. 'i entrust myself completely to YOU.' 'Mary, none of your devout servants has ever perished; may I, too, be saved' (o virgin imacculate, mother of God and my mother) (emphasis mine)

'and in THY intercession is all my hope', 'Thou, when called upon, dost immediately assist; nay, more, thou dost anticipate our prayers by thy favors; thou consolest us in our afflictions; thou dissipatest the storms by which we are tossed about; thou overcomest all enemies;', 'My Mother, what will become of me? If thou dost not help me,' 'My Lady, forgive my temerity; come thyself to comfort me with thy presence in that last struggle. This favor thou hast granted to many, grant it also to me.', 'For thy eternal glory, let it be said that thou hast snatched a wretched creature from hell, to which he was already condemned, and that thou hast led him to thy kingdom. Oh, yes, sweet Mother, I hope to have the consolation of remaining always at thy feet in heaven, thanking and blessing and loving thee eternally.' (O my most sweet Mother, how shall I die, poor sinner that I am?)

'SWEET HEART of Mary, be my salvation!' (Aspirations to Mary)

'We consecrate to thee our very being and our whole life; all that we have, all that we love, all that we are. To thee we give our bodies, our hearts and our souls;' (Consecrations to Mary)

'The price of salvation is offered to you. We shall be set free at once if you consent. ' (Mary's consent)

'Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope.' (Hail Holy Mary)

'We look to you, our life, our sweetness, and our hope.' (Prayer to Our Lady, Assumed into Heaven)

'We fly to your protection, most holy Mother of God; please listen to our petitions and needs, and deliver us from all dangers, ever glorious and blessed Virgin Mary.' (To our Blessed Mother)

this is but a few snippets from the idolatrous catholic prayer book. it spits in the face of our Heavenly Father.

If you have a question, LadyC, I will try my best to answer. But I will not engage you in argument on this thread, as I stated. I've reported your post to the mods and asked that it be removed.

Peace,

Fiosh

reported it for what? i posted why i am not interested in debating the merits of catholicism, and i posted why, including quotes from the catholic prayer book. i made it clear that i would not be back to debate the merits, and that i was leaving the thread. (although i did come back to read your response to me.) i am only replying to question WHAT you are reporting, since you seem to be accusing me of impropriety.

there was nothing in my post that violates any rule of this board.

reported it for what? i posted why i am not interested in debating the merits of catholicism, and i posted why, including quotes from the catholic prayer book.

there was nothing in my post that violates any rule of this board.

Because it goes against the expressed intent of the thread, which is to promote understanding and avoid argument.

I am more than willing to defend my Church---just not here.

You are free to express your opinion freely----simply start your own thread....and invite me over.

Thank you in advance for your courtesy.

Peace,

Fiosh

:emot-hug:

i was promoting understanding to those who may be confused about the tenets of catholic faith. this may be the outer court, but it is a christian messsage board and an apologetics forum. i had no intention of arguing with you, or for your faith or even against it. i posted facts about the RCC doctrine. my defense is of Christianity.

my only 'argument' with you is in accusing me of violating anything.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Why has the Catholic Church worked hard to cover up mistakes, specifically the latest sex scandals, or to downplay its past mistakes?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Why has the Catholic Church worked hard to cover up mistakes, specifically the latest sex scandals, or to downplay its past mistakes?

And this has what to do with why the thread was started?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Good thread.

I have a question about prayer and I still don't get it.

Can a Catholic pray to a dead person? I saw a Bishop on Ewtn saying he prayed to Pope John PaulII, and I didn't get it? Can a Catholic pray to the Virgin Mary?

What is intersession prayer?