• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The question asked is " DO YOU BELIEVE IN ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED?"

my answer is NOPE....but you guys are right this is a debate that never changes in fact they have gotten down right nasty. Because of that I will just say..No, I do not believe in that for many reasons all of which ARE scriptural.

And with that said I think I will just sit back and watch the bullets fly. :whistling:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I believe that once you recieve Christ you are justified by Faith and the process of sanctification begins. That means that whenever we sin we can be forgiven if we confess. If we do not confess then we can no longer expect to continue with snctification. To this end, once saved is not always saved. We have to renew our walk on a daily basis and die to self each day :whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  387
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/11/1977

I believe that once you recieve Christ you are justified by Faith and the process of sanctification begins. That means that whenever we sin we can be forgiven if we confess. If we do not confess then we can no longer expect to continue with snctification. To this end, once saved is not always saved. We have to renew our walk on a daily basis and die to self each day :24:

AMEN :24:

It seems that there are two quite different views here...

1) once you accept Christ, you are sealed in and cnnot lose your salvation, no matter how you live your life.

2) you have to die to self daily and confess and repent of your sin in order to keep your salvation.

I submit that both are correct....to an extent....

I believe that we get the debate because people presume on their salvation, when in fact nobody knows if they are really saved yet. that's why the bible says we must perservere....it is a race, and we must endure to the end, not just get a free ride on Jesus.

When Jesus comes back and harvests the Saints, their salvation is sealed and they can't be lost. In that case once they are saved they are always saved.

on the other hand, before Jesus harvests, we can be in a lost state. It may sound confusing, but I'll submit that nobody is saved yet. We are in the process of Sanctification which means to be made Holy. When you choose to follow Christ, you are in a saved state, but you can decide to serve another master. You will not be sealed in untill the point when God says let the wicked be wicked still and let the righteous be righteous still. That happens near the coming of Christ. Then those who are sealed in are saved for good.

Satan was created perfect in heaven. Nobody knows how long he was there, but some point in time iniquity was found in him. Before this he was perfect, and Glorious, and in a saved state, but he made a bad choice and was kicked out of Heaven.

Guest obadiah

the main ground about "once saved, always saved" is firstly, what is your definition of saved? If saved means salvation to enter into heaven, the the scripture is clear that we must be "born again" to see the kingdom of heaven. Thus, those who are truly "saved" must be "born again". Now, then we must ask what is to be "born again"? being "born again", as the term suggests, is to die(to self) and to live(in rightouesness). this means that we become a whole new creation, the old has passed away, and the new have come. And now this new life that we life, it is in Christ, so it is not i who live, but Christ who lives within me. Now, the fact that we have a new nature, we must know what are the "qualities and characteristics" of this "new nature". this is often represented in 1John when John refers to those who are "born again" as "children of God". And one of the character is that we hate sin, and the spirit has victory over sin. Thus if we hate sin, how can we still desire to be "lost" or go back to our sinful ways? So true salvation involves being born again, the death of the old nature and the life of a new being. And this new being hates sin and will not change and will thus, remain till the end to be saved.

the main ground about "once saved, always saved" is firstly, what is your definition of saved? If saved means salvation to enter into heaven, the the scripture is clear that we must be "born again" to see the kingdom of heaven. Thus, those who are truly "saved" must be "born again". Now, then we must ask what is to be "born again"? being "born again", as the term suggests, is to die(to self) and to live(in rightouesness). this means that we become a whole new creation, the old has passed away, and the new have come. And now this new life that we life, it is in Christ, so it is not i who live, but Christ who lives within me. Now, the fact that we have a new nature, we must know what are the "qualities and characteristics" of this "new nature". this is often represented in 1John when John refers to those who are "born again" as "children of God". And one of the character is that we hate sin, and the spirit has victory over sin. Thus if we hate sin, how can we still desire to be "lost" or go back to our sinful ways? So true salvation involves being born again, the death of the old nature and the life of a new being. And this new being hates sin and will not change and will thus, remain till the end to be saved.

I agree...very good points....

I just wonder, by that definition, how many people are really saved.

I bet most of the Christians out there who profess that they are saved, or have accepted Jesus, have not truly been reborn yet.

So many people have pet sins that they can't seem to let go of...sins they cherrish, and keep doing while presuming on their salvation, when in fact they havn't been truly re-born yet.

I heard it once said that there is a jestation period, just like when the baby is in the womb for nine months. It can be like that for people being born again. I do believe it is a process, by which during the jestation period we are learning how to love as God loves, and how to die to self, until we are actually born again. To some people the process may be instant, but to others, it may take a long time....It is important not to presume on your salvation, unless you are 100% doing what you are inspired by God to do. If you are not letting God take the wheel, and keep driving where you want to go, then you may chance grieving away the Holy spirit, or being rejected as Cain was for doing it his way.

The critical point here is that if you are truly born again, you will be in sinc with Gods will. Are you?

I believe that only a very few who claim to be actually are.

Quite something to consider...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

"NO"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

"NO"

AMEN! (I think) :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  482
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1991

I beleive ISAS (If Save Always Saved) :thumbsup:

I beleive ISAS (If Save Always Saved) :b:

Very well started Zeiv! :thumbsup:

The Holy Spirit is after us all and desires us all to respond to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Many, I fear, hear the call in their heart and respond to it with an emotional response, rather than a heart commitment, resulting in no salvation. So Zeiv's new designation...ISAS...appears to be a more accurate rendition of the topic at hand, and the understanding we desire. :24:

Daave