• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

mmm but i think the very simple argument put forward is worth a think.

first: how long is a day? 24 hours, right?

so how do we know a day is 24 hours?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

The above is proof that some people never read the OP and only read the post titles. :th_wave:

:wub:

way for me not to finish my post. and not realize it till now. sorry, the colbert report...distracted me.

anyway, the argument basically goes that day and night were not specifically defined until the third "day" of creation - so who's to say that the first two days had to span a "day" as the way we define it now? couldn't it be billions of years of time?

maybe it doesnt totally hold up, but its an interesting point of view to consider.

ah. so that's where the young creation number comes from.

honestly though, i don't understand why there has to be a specific number, why people are so adamant about that. the scripture says that a thousand years is "AS" one day, not that it is exactly a day. i think it's a stretch to try to turn that into a measuring tool.

i mean, if we read biblical numbers literally, do we only get forgiven exactly seventy times seven times?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Just so everyone understands, neither site supports a 6 day creation but instead Intelligent Design which teaches that God used evolution and instant creation together (at least from a Christian perspective...ID in its purest form does not teach this).

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

One night a few years ago I was asked to give a talk to our youth group (ages 16 & over) in church about the whole evolution/creation debate.

I took a book of fairy tales and read to them the story of the frog prince, the one where a princess kisses a frog and the frog changes into a prince. I think that they thought that I had really lost my marbles.

After reading the story I asked them this question "How do we know that is a fairy tale"? They all said "because we know that it cannot happen, it's impossible for a frog to change into a human being".

Then I said "but that is exactly what the evolutionist teaches, given millions of years a frog can change into a prince".

One of the guys said "I never thought of it like that before, it's all a fairy tale".

Try it yourself and see what reaction you get.

:24:

God Bless You

I like your style, although I don't neccessarily agree with you as I think there may be post flood evolution going on, but I do like your style

And God Bless All His Peoples.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/07/1949

One night a few years ago I was asked to give a talk to our youth group (ages 16 & over) in church about the whole evolution/creation debate.

I took a book of fairy tales and read to them the story of the frog prince, the one where a princess kisses a frog and the frog changes into a prince. I think that they thought that I had really lost my marbles.

After reading the story I asked them this question "How do we know that is a fairy tale"? They all said "because we know that it cannot happen, it's impossible for a frog to change into a human being".

Then I said "but that is exactly what the evolutionist teaches, given millions of years a frog can change into a prince".

One of the guys said "I never thought of it like that before, it's all a fairy tale".

Try it yourself and see what reaction you get.

:noidea:

God Bless You

I like your style, although I don't neccessarily agree with you as I think there may be post flood evolution going on, but I do like your style

And God Bless All His Peoples.

God Bless you to Aliogg.

:24:

except that it's a way oversimplified and essentially incorrect way of presenting evolution.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/25/1988

No I read the post, but I feel compelled to give as much info to debunk this moronic thought of evolution.

If man evolved from ape, then why are we not still seeing man evolving out of the Congo?

I've asked that very same question. Which lead to me wondering, did dinosaurs even exist? If so, wouldn't of that been mentioned in Genisis?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

No I read the post, but I feel compelled to give as much info to debunk this moronic thought of evolution.

If man evolved from ape, then why are we not still seeing man evolving out of the Congo?

I've asked that very same question. Which lead to me wondering, did dinosaurs even exist? If so, wouldn't of that been mentioned in Genisis?

How can you deny that they existed when we have fossils to prove it? :noidea: