• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

dreams are gods way of saying repent.

Wow, your dreams are definately speaking to you but make sure the Holy Spirit discerns what is right.

You should write a book, these dreams are so vivid, could have a good fiction novel here. :emot-hug: I mean that in a good way.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  858
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/05/1964

The dreams that I dream-13-You can't trick the Lord

One day as I was finishing my work at the Clinic, my assistant informed me that someone from the vigilance department of the police wanted to see me urgently. I wondered what the cause was and asked my assistant to usher him in. After saying "Hello", I asked him what the reason for his coming was. He was reluctant to say much and proceeded to show me a letter that had been received by the vigilance department. I asked him what the letter was about and again hesitantly he stated that someone had sent a written complaint that I was �a quack� and did not have the required qualifications for practicing Medicine.

This made me smile and I told him amusedly that this was the 5th year that I was practicing after my post graduation in Medicine. He said that he had been enquiring the matter and knew that there was foul play involved but they couldn�t really pinpoint the culprit behind this. Anyway as this was considered as a serious offence, the Superintendent of Police had sent me a notice to appear before him on a set date with all my records. After he left me, I wondered who could have played such a trick on me, because I did not have any overt enemies in that place and never was any animosity shown towards me by any one in that place.

That night I prayed to the Lord and asked for His guidance regarding the matter, all the while wondering who could have played such a trick. As I slept, I saw a dream. In the dream I am in an elevator with a man who works in a coffee shop near the Clinic. As we ride the elevator, this man smiles at me and says, "The police will never know that I wrote that letter." Waking up at night after the dream, I praised God for His faithfulness and asked the Lord why that man did so? In reply the Lord said that the man didn�t like the Gospel work that I did at the Clinic-distributing tracts and books and it was a sort of harassment that he had planned. I knew this man very well but did not go to confront him regarding the thing leaving the matter into the Lord�s hands.

A few days later, early one morning, I traveled with my wife to the SP�s office to show him my records. It so happened that the SP was sick that day and as soon as I entered his office, he asked me to prescribe some medicine for his illness. He just glanced through my records and told me that he was sorry for the trouble, but he was just following regulations. I asked him whether they were able to catch the culprit but he just shook his head and said, "It�s not so easy." I felt like telling him that it would be easy if he could ask the Lord for some help, but just kept quiet knowing that he wouldn�t probably understand or appreciate what I said. As I said "Good Bye", he smiled and wished me the best.

To end the story, I do not know for sure whether it was God�s way of avenging for what the fellow had done, but in a drunken brawl that week itself this man was stabbed and was hospitalized for quite some time.

God is faithful in all His ways and He says, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

And His Word exhorts us in this way, "Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. (Romans 12:17-19)

Why are these things allowed on "Christian" boards?

Which things?

Remind me again. .. why are Christians so into psychic predictions and "prophesying" and calling it from the Lord, when no such things are happening? In fact God says to avoid such heresy. Why are these things invitied into "Christian" forums when the truth is shut up and denied?

If you are not able to hear your Shepherd's voice, how can you be His sheep? This is no "crystal ball" stuff. The God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob still lives and speaks to His children.

The dreams that I dream-14-Bind the strong man and free yourself.

In the early stages of my walk with Christ, whenever I sat for praying or reading the Word, I would feel extremely sleepy and start yawning. This became so evident that one day my wife commented about the same. It was then that I too realized that something was amiss and prayed about the same. I often wondered what the possible cause could be, but could not reach a conclusion.

While I was experiencing this, one night I saw a dream. In the dream, a short white man was wrestling with an evil looking giant. The giant was overpowering the short white man who was trying desperately to escape him.

Then I heard a voice in the dream say, �Bind the strong man and free yourself.�

I woke up after seeing this dream at night and wondered what it meant. Later on the next day, as I sat for prayer and started yawning again, the Holy Spirit spoke to me in His still small voice and said, �Bind the strong man.� Instantly I realized what the dream was all about. The Lord was indicating that it was an evil spirit that was making me feel sleepy on sitting for prayer or when reading the Word and the deliverance could be achieved by rebuking the evil power. And that is exactly what I did. I immediately rebuked the evil spirit in Jesus� Name and to tell you the truth, the deliverance was immediate.

From then on, my times of prayer and Bible reading are a joy. Every morning I am able to spend around one and a half hours in worship, prayer and Bible reading.

In my ministry, I have met several well meaning Christians who have had this same problem and perhaps a few of you reading this may have been experiencing the same ,but the message from the Lord to all such is the same, Bind the strong man and free yourself.

The dreams that I dream-15-Look who's in control.

One night in a dream, I saw myself driving a vehicle. It seemed to be a long journey and there were a lot of twists and turns on the way. I seemed to be enjoying the drive and was especially happy that I was at the controls, manouvering the vehicle in whatever way I wanted.

After a while, I happened to look at my side and saw a father like figure with another set of brake, clutch and accelerator and He too was steering the vehicle. He was smiling at me and then I noticed that even when I did not use the steering, clutch, brake or accelerator, the vehicle headed in the right direction.

The father like figure seemed to be indicating to me that it was he who was in control and not me. No doubt, I too had the needed equipment to go ahead, it was he who was leading and guiding me all along.

And how true the dream is. Often we think that it is we ourselves who are doing all the manouvering in our journey towards our heavenly destination, but the fact is that God himself is guiding us all along, seeing to it that we reach our goal with the help of the Holy Spirit.

The dreams that I dream-16- Wolf and the lamb

Several years back, we happened to be ministering in an area where most of the local people were idol worshippers. The spiritual warfare was intense and we often despaired at the tactics of the evil forces in thwarting the gospel work that we were doing there.

During such a time, one night the Lord showed me a dream. In the dream, a wolf was following a lamb at a very close distance, trying to frighten it. The lamb would run away from it, but the wolf followed it stealthily and suddenly appeared in front of the lamb and frightened it again. This went on for quite some time and then in the dream, I saw myself picking a stick and hitting the wolf on it's head. This wounded the wolf and it was enraged and jumped at me to attack. Surprisingly instead of retaliating, I just meditated on the name "Jesus" and the wolf disappeared from the scene in a while.

I was quite perplexed on waking up the next morning, thinking about the dream. What could it possibly mean? I thought of telling my wife about the dream as she brought in the morning coffee, but before I spoke she spoke and said, "I have been feeling quite afraid these days, especially at night times. Whenever it is dark, I feel I am being watched by someone; it's an old woman like figure with long white hair and shining eyes. It just appears out of nowhere and then disappears when I start praying, but it keeps troubling me.

Immediately I understood what the Holy Spirit had shown me in the dream. An evil spirit (shown as a wolf in the dream) was trying to frighten my wife (shown as a lamb in the dream).

Not wasting anytime, I rebuked the evil power (that was troubling my wife) in Jesus' Name.

I knew that the evil spirit would retaliate against me, when I rebuked it because the Lord had shown that in the dream and it did by afflicting me with a headache for quite sometime that day. But the Lord had already shown me how to gain victory over the evil power in the dream itself and that is exactly what I did.I meditated on the name of our Lord and Savior "Jesus Christ" and was delivered soon.

The evil power did not trouble my wife anymore and we praised the Lord for giving us victory. This episode made me realize that there is great power even in just uttering the name "Jesus". No wonder, it's the name above all names. Praise the Lord.

The dreams that I dream-17- A dead rat

Ever experienced deadness in your family life, married life or your spiritual life? Nothing seems to give joy anymore. Relationships are strained and at the point of rupture. You know something is wrong but you don't know what to do about it. A silent confusion. Just the minimal talk between you and your spouse or between you and other family members.

I think we all go through this once in a while but when it stays for long, we must be aware that the enemy is at work. Jesus said, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. " (John 10:10) This fulness of life is what the enemy often tries to steal.

Some years back, this is exactly what the enemy tried to do in my married life. For a few weeks, my relationship with my wife seemed to be strained in many ways. There was no particular cause, but the quietness was very palpable. The talks were minimal and regarding day to day needs; no real lasting peace, joy and togetherness that the Lord gives. It was unusual because our prayer and worship life was on the upward surge and we were having success doing the Lord's work.

During this problematic phase in our life, when we were quite exasperated because of the deadness in our family life, one night the Lord showed me a dream which made me realize how subtly the enemy works. It was just a short dream, but enough for me to realize the truth. I saw a crow flying from far off towards me while I was standing near a well and as it neared me, I saw it having a dead rat held in its beak. Coming near me, it just dropped the dead rat into the well and flew away.

Some of the dreams that I see amuse me and this was one of them, but later when I thought about it seriously, I understood what the Lord was telling me here. The dream just indicated the enemy's tactics of dropping deadness into our family life (crow dropping dead rat into our well). Rebuking the evil powers which were the cause for this problem in our life effected a deliverance almost immediately and we were able to enjoy the fullness of life that Jesus desires to give each one of us, His children.

Some of the problems in our life may seem trivial and we may not realize that our enemy, the devil is at work. But the Bible exhorts us to be "watchful" and praying at all times. And that is what we must be always doing.

The dreams that I dream-18- A jar overflowing with oil

Early in my ministry, I decided to spend one whole night in prayer. My purpose was to seek more power while ministering for the Lord. I had read in the gospels how Jesus sometimes spent whole nights in fervent prayer and that inspired me much. I had a very light dinner that night and sat down to pray. Though tiring it was a delightful experience. As the night progressed, I was a bit drowsy at times. I took care not to lie down lest I go off to sleep. My prayer topic that night, as I have mentioned before was for God to fill me with more of the Holy Spirit for ministering with power.

As the dawn neared, I was too tired and just leaned against the wall and dozed off. That was when the Lord showed me this dream. He showed me an unwashed jar and a hand washing the insides of the jar with water. After the insides were washed and cleansed with water, I saw fresh oil being poured into the jar and the jar overflowing with oil. The dream ended there.

The dream was an answer to my prayer that night. God was speaking to me and saying,