• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  858
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/05/1964

The dreams that I dream-26- The Immovable Rock

During a period of intense struggles in my life, one night in a dream, I saw myself walking through a wilderness. There's no one with me and I feel tired because of the hot sun bearing down upon me.

Suddenly there is an earthquake and the earth below me starts caving in. I run here and there trying to escape being sucked into the huge gaps in the earth below. On seeing a rock, I climb on top but the earth below the rock starts shaking and I jump onto another rock.

In my mind, I feel it's a futile exercise, even though I try my best to escape injury and death. Hopping from one rock to another and from there to another, I almost give up because the quaking is relentless.

As I contemplate giving in to the circumstances, in a distance I see a huge rock standing undisturbed amidst this astounding earthquake. When the whole place looks to be falling apart, this rock is unmoved. As fast as my legs carry me, I jump from the top of rocks that are shaking wildly and finally jump onto the immovable rock.

Now that I am on the huge rock, I am able to stand firmly and though I see everything being destroyed in my vicinity by the quake, no harm comes to me. In a little while, the earthquake subsides and everything is calm and quiet once again. Thanks to the immovable rock.

The dream ended there.

Those days were very trying in my life. Problems at work in the clinic, problems in the family, problems in my ministry and several other depressing matters. Yet, as the Lord had shown me in the dream, when all other helps (small rocks) fail to save me, the immovable rock i.e. Christ would be my help. And so He did! Praise the Lord.

How true what the Psalmists say,

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1)

and

"From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I."(Psalm 61:2)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member

The dreams that I dream-27- A difference of opinion

One night in a dream, I saw my wife and me sitting in our room talking about certain matters. Suddenly through the open window, I see a dark woman running towards the front of our house. Her hair is strewn around her head and she has a wicked laugh. I run to the front room to check her out and as I enter the front room, she flings a coiled thing into the front room through the open window. I feel it is a python that she has thrown into the room, but then on checking I see that it is just a small snake, which slithers away into a pile of newspaper under the cupboard.

Meanwhile my wife comes into the front room and says, "I saw that wicked woman throw in a monkey. I corrected her saying, "That was not a monkey, it was a snake that she threw in."

But my wife was adamant. And me too. We did not want to change our opinions. As the dream ended, we were still arguing and finally both of us were unhappy that the other was not willing to give in.

The next morning we prayed about this matter in our family prayer. We realized it to be a satanic attack and if we were not prayerful and vigilant, there was bound to be a problem.

Later that day, in the evening, we (me and my wife) were talking about some family matters and soon the talk became an argument. We were going to get deeper in the argument when suddenly I remembered the dream that this was exactly what satan was trying to acheive. I became quiet for a while and then told my wife that the Holy Spirit had already hinted that there would be an attack by satan on our family life. She understood what I said and we prayed to the Lord and finally everything was fine.

The dark lady in the dream was indicative of an evil spirit. When she threw a coiled thing into the room, I thought it was a python (big problem) but in reality it was a small snake (small problem) which just slithered away without causing harm (trivial matter that subsides soon). My wife arguing that it was a monkey and me taking a stand that it was a snake represented the difference of opinion that was to take place.

If we heed the voice of the Holy Spirit, and pray, surely many problems in our life can be averted and more peace can prevail. All glory to Jesus.

The dreams that I dream-28- Leaving a Church

Long back, early in our walk with the Lord, we happened to be worshipping in an Interdenominational Church. For 2 years, we really enjoyed the worship. Then came a time when some of the members of the Church started behaving in an inappropriate manner in their relationships with each other. Though this was very evident to all, they were not warned/stopped/forbidden in their indecency by the Pastor/elders. This brought great grief to me and my wife and we no longer could really worship the Lord wholeheartedly there.

Finally we asked the Lord whether we should continue worshipping there or leave the Church and let Him lead us elsewhere. In answer to this the Lord showed me a dream.

In the dream, I am examining a patient who is lying on the examination table. 2 of his toes on the right foot have been severed by an accident and they are just hanging on to the foot by thin strands of skin tissue. Immediately I call a surgeon to examine this case and ask him whether the 2 toes can be reattached by stitching them to the foot. But he replies in the negative saying that the wound was a bit old and deep and the toes could no longer be stitched back to the foot. The dream ended there.

The Holy Spirit here was indicating that the 2 toes (a figurative representation of me and my wife) were almost separated from the rest of the foot i.e. we were almost ready to leave the Church (just hanging onto the foot by thin strands of skin tissue). The surgeon opining that the toes cannot be stitched back indicated that our leaving the Church would be final and that there would be no return. The Lord has His own ways of speaking to us and this dream was just one of His ways.

Jesus loves us and wants to instruct us in every matter that concerns our lives. Most of the times He uses the Word to speak to us, but if there are specific matters that we would like to have His counsel, He

The dreams that I dream-29- Elephants

Late in 1997, for a period of 2-3 weeks, my 5 year old daughter, who usually enjoyed worship and prayer with us at home and church seemed to be irritable and disinterested when it was time for prayer. She seemed to be troubled when the prayer time approached and because of the trouble she created, the joy of worship was lost. We tried to pacify her in different ways but nothing seemed to work. If I scolded her, she immediately would cry and there would be more problems. We prayed to the Lord to restore peace during our worship and prayer. The problem persisted for quite a while and then the Lord showed me this dream one night.

Me, my wife and our daughter are walking together on a street, singing and praising the Lord joyfully. Suddenly, out of nowhere a herd of elephants rush at us and and our daughter is separated from us. The elephants chase our daughter and she flees from them.

One small elephant blocks her way as she cries and runs and this elephant frightens her and nudges and pushes her with its trunk. We cry aloud on seeing this, praying to the Lord fervently, because we are helpless and the herd is a big one. For a while we feel that our daughter will be destroyed by the elephants,but then a huge hand comes down from above and shields her from the herd, not even allowing the elephants to see her. We run to her and my wife picks her up and we are overjoyed that no harm had befallen her though the elephants had troubled her so much. The dream ended there.

This was obviously a satanic attack and we decided to fast and pray for our daughter's deliverance. Soon she was her old self again, praising and worshipping God with us and God restored peace as only He is able to.

The elephants represented a host of satanic powers out to disrupt our worship and prayer life. They did this by attacking our little child, but the mighty hand of God shielded her from harm and set her free. Praise God for his protection and deliverance.

The dreams that I dream- 30- The secret lives of some believers

Once while I fasted for 7 days, I had a very close fellowship with the Lord. I had been fasting and praying for several reasons including personal sanctification and the members of my church. Sometime towards the end of the fast, one night the Lord showed me a dream. It was not exactly about the people I had prayed for, but believers and people in the ministry in our town.

3 distinct sins were shown to me and that too by believers and men and women in the ministry who on the outside were very pious and held in high esteem by others.

Sin number one was alcoholism. The Lord showed me a prominent 'so called' believer who couldn't end his day without taking a swig of the dreaded stuff. Sin number two was prostitution, by some who were regarded as prophetesses. Sin number three was extortion by ministers who had immoral motives too.

I really was astonished on seeing this and woke up at night feeling very sad and was in tears for quite a while.

I asked the Lord why He had shown me this, because I had not prayed about any of these people. He just said, "I just wanted to show you how some believers and ministers of the gospel are.You show so much respect to such people without knowing the truth.A day will come when everything will be revealed and many will then suffer shame and destruction."