Sweet Servent

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Chris can you please explain what you meant? And can you give me scriptural back up? If you mean there are people who really work for the emeny and have let their gifts go dark then yes, but I am not sure that is what you mean.

Thanks

I'll quote the part of your OP to clarify my misunderstanding concerning your question.

I wonder if it's just me or not. But I see so many of my fellow brothers and sisters falling for things hook line and sinker, and in some cases we are just as bad as the world gossiping and believing lies told by someone who claims to be a Christian.

Prophecy is wonderful thing but I myself am careful not to jump to believing those telling me a prophecy, even more so when they ask for a love offering. I am always reminded of this scripture: Matthew 10:16 16Behold, I am sending you out like sheep in the midst of wolves; be [c]wary and wise as serpents, and be innocent (harmless, guileless, and [d]without falsity) as doves.(A).

In the first part can you clarify what you mean by lies, do you mean in the sense of cults and sects drawing people away from the teachings of Christ through false Prophecy? Im not sure if I'm following you on that part, it's kind of vague.

Those that are telling a Prophecy. Those that interpret Biblical Prophecy or those that make up their own Prophecies that are completely non-scriptural? (ie; Mormons, JW's) Also, what is a love offering? cash donation?...monetary fraud?

I follow you on Mathew 10:16 as that can cover many an issue.

Peace

Chris

Well there are those who claim that there are Christian's but are not Christian's so that they can lie to people giving them false prophecy and hope intentionally to get money. And then there are cults or sects and false prophets (those who are controled by dark forces), who do the same things but more to control people.

You have never heard of a love offering?

Edited by Sweet Servent

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

I am a believer and have been for 14 going 15 years. I have see a lot in the body of Christ and I wonder if it's just me or not. But I see so many of my fellow brothers and sisters falling for things hook line and sinker, and in some cases we are just as bad as the world gossiping and believing lies told by someone who claims to be a Christian. Prophecy is wonderful thing but I myself am careful not to jump to believing those telling me a prophecy, even more so when they ask for a love offering. I am always reminded of this scripture: Matthew 10:16 16Behold, I am sending you out like sheep in the midst of wolves; be [c]wary and wise as serpents, and be innocent (harmless, guileless, and [d]without falsity) as doves.(A).

Does anyone else feel this way?

I try my very best not to look into the lives of others but concentrate on my relationship with Jesus. God prohesied there would be false prophets. But you have the Holy Spirit dwelling within you. Trust that the Spirit will guide you and if you do see your sister or brother fall into a false doctrine, I feel that it is my responsibility to bring them back into the fold, if that doesn't work, prayer and give it to God for we all decide even as Christians which we all fall short of the Glory of God.

The antichrist will be charming, admirable, most likely handsome and youthful looking, physically fit, one who draws others to him with what seems to be a genuine interest in all our futures. Now that is a wolf in sheeps clothing. And the sad thing is, there will be many who follow.

Narrow is the road to the gates of Heaven and few will walk through, broad is the road to destruction and death and many will follow.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

I don't have any problem with a ministry asking for a donation in exchange for teaching tapes. It costs money to produce them and mail them out. When it comes to requiring someone to send money in exchange for prayer, I find that offensive. I wouldn't care about receiving prayer from someone who would charge for it.

As far as books being open for the public to see, that does seem reasonable. Most ministries do have regular audits done on their books and do make them public.

Hiya bro :noidea: I overlooked that $$ part. One Sunday morning I was watching Sunday Mornings with Joy with Naomi Judd and her ministry and guests with their testimony really touched me and they asked for not a penny, another show came on with a very gentle pastor who also asked for nothing. It amazed me that they didn't even ask to support their ministry or buy a book. But like you J, I don't have a problem with exchanging money for prayer or books, tapes, whatever. The ministries that don't even ask, I'd love to send anyway. It's the ministries that start out by praying for $$ and integrating it with the gospel that turns me off and so goes the station. :wub: The Lord lets us know when to give. :wub:

The antichrist will be charming, admirable, most likely handsome and youthful looking, physically fit, one who draws others to him with what seems to be a genuine interest in all our futures. Now that is a wolf in sheeps clothing. And the sad thing is, there will be many who follow.

2 Thess. 2:11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie.