Sweet Servent

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I am a believer and have been for 14 going 15 years. I have see a lot in the body of Christ and I wonder if it's just me or not. But I see so many of my fellow brothers and sisters falling for things hook line and sinker, and in some cases we are just as bad as the world gossiping and believing lies told by someone who claims to be a Christian. Prophecy is wonderful thing but I myself am careful not to jump to believing those telling me a prophecy, even more so when they ask for a love offering. I am always reminded of this scripture: Matthew 10:16 16Behold, I am sending you out like sheep in the midst of wolves; be [c]wary and wise as serpents, and be innocent (harmless, guileless, and [d]without falsity) as doves.(A).

Does anyone else feel this way?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

I've often been concerned with prophecy teachers trying to cram a square peg into a round hole.

That shouldn't discourage us from learning about prophecy. I attended a bible study conducted by my pastor on the book of Revelation. He did a thorough job of covering the first chapters that are the letters to the churches. After several days everyone in the room was ready for the rest. On the last day, he closed his book and thanked everyone for attending. People quickly raised their hands and asked about the rest of the book. He said it was too controversial and that he'd prefer not tackling this issue. I would venture to say that most of the people there were there to learn about the prophetic.

I realize there are some controversies surrounding Revelation within the church. For example will we be raptured pre, during, or post tribulation. I would like my pastor to cover all these arguments and leave it at that. He doesn't necessarily have to state his particular position.

Oh well, it shows that the issue needs to be handled carefully because of the concern in your post.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

though I understand your post - wondering how prophets are expected to pay their bills? What makes them any different than the missionary, pastor, music director, etc.?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

though I understand your post - wondering how prophets are expected to pay their bills? What makes them any different than the missionary, pastor, music director, etc.?

Yes, the Lord will provide but wondering why we have a bigger problem with them and money versus any other person in ministry?

I am pretty sure Paul had a job building tents where he went he worked, preached and teached.

2 Thessalonians 3

6In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers, to keep away from every brother who is idle and does not live according to the teaching[a] you received from us. 7For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, 8nor did we eat anyone's food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. 9We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to make ourselves a model for you to follow. 10For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat." 11We hear that some among you are idle. They are not busy; they are busybodies. 12Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the bread they eat. 13And as for you, brothers, never tire of doing what is right.

Don't you think the world is watching and saying, those faith healers, preachers and prophets are living high on the hog? I hear them say something smells rotten.

Matthew 10:5-42 (The Message)

5-8Jesus sent his twelve harvest hands out with this charge:

"Don't begin by traveling to some far-off place to convert unbelievers. And don't try to be dramatic by tackling some public enemy. Go to the lost, confused people right here in the neighborhood. Tell them that the kingdom is here. Bring health to the sick. Raise the dead. Touch the untouchables. Kick out the demons. You have been treated generously, so live generously.

9-10"Don't think you have to put on a fund-raising campaign before you start. You don't need a lot of equipment. You are the equipment, and all you need to keep that going is three meals a day. Travel light.

11"When you enter a town or village, don't insist on staying in a luxury inn. Get a modest place with some modest people, and be content there until you leave.

12-15"When you knock on a door, be courteous in your greeting. If they welcome you, be gentle in your conversation. If they don't welcome you, quietly withdraw. Don't make a scene. Shrug your shoulders and be on your way. You can be sure that on Judgment Day they'll be mighty sorry

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

Yes, the Lord will provide but wondering why we have a bigger problem with them and money versus any other person in ministry?

who wants to hear about things that WILL occur in the future about how God plans to bring wrath and judgment into the world. Especially the Church when many believe that these things do not apply to them. Why would they want to pay someone to tell them that they could be doomed. Let's face it revelation is not a pretty picture for many.

I personally don't feel this way. But I think many do. It does seem to be the mentallity.

Even so Lord, COME!

blessings

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

I am a believer and have been for 14 going 15 years. I have see a lot in the body of Christ and I wonder if it's just me or not. But I see so many of my fellow brothers and sisters falling for things hook line and sinker, and in some cases we are just as bad as the world gossiping and believing lies told by someone who claims to be a Christian. Prophecy is wonderful thing but I myself am careful not to jump to believing those telling me a prophecy, even more so when they ask for a love offering. I am always reminded of this scripture: Matthew 10:16 16Behold, I am sending you out like sheep in the midst of wolves; be [c]wary and wise as serpents, and be innocent (harmless, guileless, and [d]without falsity) as doves.(A).

Does anyone else feel this way?

Yeah, quite often. Especially when I see prophecy that does not line up with the truth of scripture.

I've often been concerned with prophecy teachers trying to cram a square peg into a round hole.

That shouldn't discourage us from learning about prophecy. I attended a bible study conducted by my pastor on the book of Revelation. He did a thorough job of covering the first chapters that are the letters to the churches. After several days everyone in the room was ready for the rest. On the last day, he closed his book and thanked everyone for attending. People quickly raised their hands and asked about the rest of the book. He said it was too controversial and that he'd prefer not tackling this issue. I would venture to say that most of the people there were there to learn about the prophetic.

I realize there are some controversies surrounding Revelation within the church. For example will we be raptured pre, during, or post tribulation. I would like my pastor to cover all these arguments and leave it at that. He doesn't necessarily have to state his particular position.

Oh well, it shows that the issue needs to be handled carefully because of the concern in your post.

Actually, good solid teaching in most subjects and also in prophecy would help us discern these, so it shouldn't be that we should be discouraged from learning prophecy, it should be that we should study it well because it's the one topic most likely to be disagreed on in the body and the one most likely to be subject to heretical teaching or "messages"...

Chances are greater that these people are bull artists than regular preachers.

I am concerned with any ministry that is asking for love offers (money) in exchange for teaching, prophecy, preaching or prayer. Whose financial books aren't open for public examination? When people in ministry are really walking with God I don't think they have to ask, because their fruit will be evident, people will give and of course Father God is the riches one of all. Signs and wonders will follow this person. None of the fathers of old every lacked anything and they never asked man to help them, they went to God. We live in a world where driving the best car or what you are wearing is more important then what is being said. What would we have done with Elijah, Hosea, Paul or even John the Baptist?