IGNORED

Matthew 24:19

Guest man

But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days. Matt. 24:19

Any thoughts on what this means?

It's gonna be bad all over...why would He single out expecting mothers and those who are nursing?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Just a thought but...a mother could never love anything like a child. The thought of losing a child to some sort of violence or death or disease or whatever would be so traumatic...and to lose a baby is especially so. even the fear of this is quite profound. I lost a child to sids and I have to say it's affected me more deeply than any other death I've ever endured.

Then you have the whole idea that surrounding the verse is the idea of having to flee and go into hiding. Fleeing with a baby in tow is not an easy thing to do. It's worse than having to flee in the winter (next verse).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

There is also the great possibility that there will be limited amounts of food and water. Revelation describes disasters on the earth that will contaminate our waters and will slow down or maybe even stop the ability to grow crops. Then there is the fact that the animals that will die during these disasters. And for this to happen in the winter time will only make matters worse. There will be little or no heat and electricity.

Mothers who are pregnant and nursing don't only have the duty to keep their babies safe they will also need to feed them in or out of the womb. If there is no food or minimal food supplies the pregnant women and mothers will not be able to nourish their children the way it is needed for them to survive. Without heat and shelter for these pregnant mother's and nursing mothers and their children, will cause death from the cold.

There is the fact that He says to flee to the mountains. Well the mountains in the winter time are treacherous, without proper supplies. Many will freeze and/or starve to death.

I have to say that I am past the age of having children and I am glad of it.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Yep, I think you girls have got it pretty well covered.

The Lord has warned us plenty to be on the alert and I suppose He was just adding a little extra warning, regarding the mums and would be mums.

A good question, man.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

There is also the great possibility that there will be limited amounts of food and water. Revelation describes disasters on the earth that will contaminate our waters and will slow down or maybe even stop the ability to grow crops. Then there is the fact that the animals that will die during these disasters. And for this to happen in the winter time will only make matters worse. There will be little or no heat and electricity.

Mothers who are pregnant and nursing don't only have the duty to keep their babies safe they will also need to feed them in or out of the womb. If there is no food or minimal food supplies the pregnant women and mothers will not be able to nourish their children the way it is needed for them to survive. Without heat and shelter for these pregnant mother's and nursing mothers and their children, will cause death from the cold.

There is the fact that He says to flee to the mountains. Well the mountains in the winter time are treacherous, without proper supplies. Many will freeze and/or starve to death.

I have to say that I am past the age of having children and I am glad of it.

My thoughts exactly jackie. I was very much relieved when our children were born because I thought of that passage during pregnancy often. Here in California with out earthquakes could potentially cut us off from all necessary passage to medical atttention or supplies that all newborns need. But in the time of tribulation, a thought came to me that the child could be still born, or deformed, etc... I know these things happen today but, everything will be magnified in the tribulation and I would assume that the pain the mother must go through during the birthing process could very well be so much more than we have known. It could potentially kill mother and child. Miscarriages could be in the multitudes as 1/3 of the population will die off. One of God's mysteries soon to be revealed.

As jackie put it, I am past that age and so so glad of it.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

I wholeheartedly concur. The WORST (Matthew 24:21) for the world is yet to come. Christ's instructions in Matthew 24:16-20 are quite explicit, are they not? Jesus went further when He warned that this particular period of time would be "shortened" (verse 22), actually, cut off (Greek, ekolobothesan) by a cataclysmic global event, His all-glorious Return (with His blood-bought Church) to judge & to make war as King of Kings & Lord of Lords! (Revelation 19:11-16). He IS coming soon, and His rewards are with Him" (Revelation 22:12). I can hear the trumpet sounding!! Hallelujah & Amen!

He is coming for us, Jesus the Victorious, By & By,

We shall rise to meet Him In the skies to greet Him, By & By.

There will be no sorrow On that grand tomorrow, He will be nigh,

We shall be with Jesus, In the By & By.

"Even so come quickly, Lord Jesus!"

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

My take is that Matthew 24:19 was already fulfilled in AD70 (The Jewish War with the Romans where Jersusalem was destroyed). The devestation the Roman legions brought to the area came so swiftly and extended so fary beyond the city, that the Maccabeans had to hide in caves, and jump from roof top to roof top to escape the soldiers. This would have been especially hard for pregnant women and those nursing.