• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

The Bible is clear in the case of the mothers life in jeopardy.

How many women died in child birth?

How many chose to abort the baby to save their own life?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

I believe that human life begins at conception. I also believe the bible passage where God says that He knew us before we were born, He knitted us in our womb. I do realize that abortion is taking a human life at its smallest beginnings but I hesitate to call it anything other than than because in the case of rape or a threat to the mother's life, I cannot make a call on that. I think that has to be between the parents and God. I think no one really knows what they would do in situations like that unless they are there. It is always hypothetical unless it is our experience.

Ok, so...lesse... going back to the Bible.... there is nothing in there to state that if a man rapes a woman that woman has the right to kill that child. We do have prohibitions against killing innocent human beings and we have already proof that the unborn is worth just as much as the mother to God. Seems to me the scripture teaches that it would be sin to kill an innocent child because it's father was a bonehead criminal.

As far as "life of the mother"... this is a hard case in that scripture teaches that these two are equally valuable before God. Since my child is equally valuable to me, then I really don't have the right to kill it do I?

Guest Candaceleigh

I agree that abortion is not a good choice for someone to make, however, we all make bad choices at one time or another. We are to do the best we know to do and repent if we have made a grave mistake. We should try to help others make good decisions when at all possible, and not judge others for faltering. Most people in these types of situations need love and guidance.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

When most people "make a mistake" someone doesnt DIE.

Abortion is cold and calculated and murder.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

I agree that abortion is not a good choice for someone to make, however, we all make bad choices at one time or another. We are to do the best we know to do and repent if we have made a grave mistake. We should try to help others make good decisions when at all possible, and not judge others for faltering. Most people in these types of situations need love and guidance.

Sin is sin. We all sin, however people are not spurred into true repentance when sin is called "making a mistake" or making "bad choices." If we truly understood exactly how horrible sin is in God's eyes (even the times we've smarted off to someone or the times we "accidently gossiped") we'd be heartbroken and not patting each other on the back and commiserating.

When we 'accidently gossip" or mouth off to someone, which is a sin and condemns a person to hell in and of itself, nobody dies. Abortion is a sin where somebody dies. It's the same thing as going out and shooting your neighbour for hogging your parking space. The idea that we are to "not judge" this is just unconscionable (or however you spell that).

When a person comes in for help, yes we are obligated to help them and should help them past the point that they decide to let their baby live. When a person who has had an abortion realises what they have done and repents, then we are to treat them the same as every other sinner who repents of sin.

However, it does no good to soft peddle the issue in order to appear less judgemental and more tolerant. What that attitude has caused in the past years is politicians who think that to periodically make a speech and vote for more controls is the measure of being "pro life" when all that is is "not as in favour of abortion as everyone else is." God says murder is murder and the country which tolerates it is in sin and the government which legislates that it is to be protected is illegitimate.

Guest mareesta

Sin is sin. We all sin, however people are not spurred into true repentance when sin is called "making a mistake" or making "bad choices." If we truly understood exactly how horrible sin is in God's eyes (even the times we've smarted off to someone or the times we "accidently gossiped") we'd be heartbroken and not patting each other on the back and commiserating.

When we 'accidently gossip" or mouth off to someone, which is a sin and condemns a person to hell in and of itself, nobody dies. Abortion is a sin where somebody dies. It's the same thing as going out and shooting your neighbour for hogging your parking space. The idea that we are to "not judge" this is just unconscionable (or however you spell that).

When a person comes in for help, yes we are obligated to help them and should help them past the point that they decide to let their baby live. When a person who has had an abortion realises what they have done and repents, then we are to treat them the same as every other sinner who repents of sin.

However, it does no good to soft peddle the issue in order to appear less judgemental and more tolerant. What that attitude has caused in the past years is politicians who think that to periodically make a speech and vote for more controls is the measure of being "pro life" when all that is is "not as in favour of abortion as everyone else is." God says murder is murder and the country which tolerates it is in sin and the government which legislates that it is to be protected is illegitimate.

Lady Raven

I have found your posts very open and well spoken. I find this one very harsh and unlike your other posts.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Lady Raven's post is far from harsh. It is truth. There is no such thing as a choice, and that is the point.

Guest mareesta

I believe that human life begins at conception. I also believe the bible passage where God says that He knew us before we were born, He knitted us in our womb. I do realize that abortion is taking a human life at its smallest beginnings but I hesitate to call it anything other than than because in the case of rape or a threat to the mother's life, I cannot make a call on that. I think that has to be between the parents and God. I think no one really knows what they would do in situations like that unless they are there. It is always hypothetical unless it is our experience.

Ok, so...lesse... going back to the Bible.... there is nothing in there to state that if a man rapes a woman that woman has the right to kill that child. We do have prohibitions against killing innocent human beings and we have already proof that the unborn is worth just as much as the mother to God. Seems to me the scripture teaches that it would be sin to kill an innocent child because it's father was a bonehead criminal.

As far as "life of the mother"... this is a hard case in that scripture teaches that these two are equally valuable before God. Since my child is equally valuable to me, then I really don't have the right to kill it do I?

If a woman is raped and chooses that she cannot live with having the child of a rapist, I would forgive her the same a God would forgive her. If a woman with a number of children and a husband, or even without, chose to save her own life, I would forgive her the same as God would forgive her. I would even have to forgive, the same as God would, a woman who had a senseless abortion, but I wouldn't like it.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

If a woman is raped and chooses that she cannot live with having the child of a rapist, I would forgive her the same a God would forgive her. If a woman with a number of children and a husband, or even without, chose to save her own life, I would forgive her the same as God would forgive her. I would even have to forgive, the same as God would, a woman who had a senseless abortion, but I wouldn't like it.

You are hoping that this so-called woman would actually repent. Many do not as they believe they are within their rights to choose, which is not so. That is the problem...God doesn't forgive unconfessed sin.

Guest mareesta

You are hoping that this so-called woman would actually repent. Many do not as they believe they are within their rights to choose, which is not so. That is the problem...God doesn't forgive unconfessed sin.

Many feel they have no other choice. Actually this is hijacking the thread. I do believe that abortion is taking the life of a human being at its very beginnings.