IGNORED

Abortion

Guest nicholus

Guest nicholus

I know this has probably been done before but I have to hear other believers view on this. I myself think that it is the same as murder and is wrong.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

"Pro-choice" is a lie. Babies don't choose to die! I'm with you, Nicholus.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

I know this has probably been done before but I have to hear other believers view on this. I myself think that it is the same as murder and is wrong.

Totally agree!

Guest nicholus

i do have a question know say someone gets raped and I have to talk to them about it what do i say? (it has been brought to my attention before and I didn't have an answer.)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/19/1948

If a woman has been raped, she has been violated in her most private area. This is not her fault -it is not her choice.

If she chooses abortion because of the rape, she is violated in her most private area and she has chosen and caused this one. This is a personal hell of large proportions.

These are the thoughts of a rape victim who spoke at our local pregnancy support centre's banquet.

I have heard many women say that they have never regretted keeping or having and adopting that child. That God gave them something wonderful - beauty for ashes it seems.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/03/1961

A dash of truth about abortion

Some awesome things going on in South Dakota

Abortion is murder in the first. Life begins at conception.

Here is an interesting thing to think about, from Hebrews chapter 7:

9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

Levi had not even been conceived yet, and he was credited with paying tithes to Melchisedec.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Luke 1:41-44

When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth, filled with the holy Spirit,

cried out in a loud voice and said, "Most blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb.

And how does this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy.

John recognized Jesus' Divinity even in the womb.

A fetus has a soul. Abortion is murder.

I don't believe abortion is acceptable under any circumstances. I would never kill my child to save myself.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

When Does life Begin?? The link shows where I originally published this article, on my prolife webpage...

The first question about life is when it begins. Does it begin at birth? Does it begin when the unborn child can survive outside of the womb, does it begin when the heart beats, or does it begin at conception? Obviously if life begins at birth, then there is nothing wrong with abortion and prolife people should direct their energies elsewhere, such as preventing infanticide or opposing assisted suicide. If it starts sometime before birth but after conception, abortion should be regulated to make sure that life is not taken but can occur before "life" begins.

However, in scripture we see that God recognises a person even before he or she is born. "Before I was born the Lord called me" (Isaiah 49:1). "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made . . . your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be" (Ps 139: 13-16). The Bible, in fact, uses the same Greek word to describe the unborn John the Baptist (Luke 1:41,44), the newborn baby Jesus (Luke 2:12,16).

According to scripture then, unborn children are the same to God as newborns. Children in the womb are alive, and are persons in their own right. Not just this but "all the days ordained for me were written in your book" not just the ones after the heart started beating or when brainwaves started or when the fetus becomes viable. Logically then, life begins, and personhood begins at conception.

Additionally, we see in God's law that this personhood is not "lesser" in value than that of an adult. Exodus 21:22-23 describes a situation where a pregnancy is terminated. If there is no serious injury (ie the child is born prematurely) the person who caused the incident must pay a fine. If there is "serious injury" to either the mother or the child (the value is equal for both parties) the penalty is death. This is the same penalty for murder of an adult person elsewhere in scripture. This proves that the life of the unborn is the same to God as both a newborn baby and also that of an adult. Life is life to God, he makes no distinctions.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Human Value

(This is from my prolife blog also)

Advocates of abortion and euthanasia don't worry so much about when life begins and when life ends. The current wisdom has instead to do with "quality of life" and which lives are more worthy of preservation. I feel that this question presupposes that the value of human life exists in accordance with what an individual can contribute to a society and what enjoyment that individual might receive from it. Has a fetus gained quality of life worthy of preservation? What about the old and infirm, the handicapped?

This question is dangerous and only the Almighty can answer it. And in fact, He has. In the blog I made on abortion the answer is there. The value of the fetus is the same as that of his mother and the person who might have injured them. The OT law was repayment, an eye for an eye. A life for a life. If the fetus was not as valuable as the mother, then the one who caused the miscarriage would not have to pay with his life. He might have to pay a greater fine, but not with his life. But the text says that if the mother or the child is harmed greatly the injurer must die. Not just the mother. Mother OR child. The value of a fetus is the same as that of the mother.

If we have the same value in the womb as out, how then can we then say that a person born has not the same value as another who is living already? The fetus does not contribute to a society the same way the mother can, so contribution to society has nothing to do with the value of life. A fetus can also not enjoy life the way a mother can. Value thus has nothing to do with the enjoyment of life.

Human value then is more sublime. Lets go back to Genesis 9, verse 6. We read "whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man." The value of a man therefore is not what he can do for me, or what I can do to make him happy, it is found in the essence of him being human in the first place. A person is an image of God, and to kill him is to attack that image, and indirectly an attack on God himself. The unauthorised taking of human life (murder) is to blur the distinction between creator and creature. It is even further, a denial of the special distinction of man against beast.

Is it any wonder then that people want to improve the quality of their own lives, shelter the homeless, fix the environment, stop global warming and protect baby seals and yet do not care when we murder our preborn children and starve the handicapped. This is the ultimate in hypocrisy, and yet it happens all the time. Who are we to say one life has more value than another among humans...and what gives me the right to say that my baby or my aged grandmother is less worthy to live than a baby seal? To quote Mother Theresa "If we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill each other? " I could not fathom killing my children. The mothering instinct in me is too strong to even consider it, as I love and treasure them. How can someone claim to love and care for those they could kill?

Indeed, the late Mother Teresa cut to the heart of the matter. We've become a society which believes it is ok to kill for the living among us who are inconvenient. Human life is cheapened beyond that of the animals...and we look back to point the finger at Hitler and the Hallocaust as being a great evil tragedy. What gives us the right to do that? If the hospital patients during Katrina did not earn the right to live due to their infirmaties, if Terri Schiavo did not have the right to live because her husband no longer wished to care for her, if I can kill my child so that I can afford to go to college later on, what right do I have to say that the Nazi's were wrong?

Guest mareesta

I believe that human life begins at conception. I also believe the bible passage where God says that He knew us before we were born, He knitted us in our womb. I do realize that abortion is taking a human life at its smallest beginnings but I hesitate to call it anything other than than because in the case of rape or a threat to the mother's life, I cannot make a call on that. I think that has to be between the parents and God. I think no one really knows what they would do in situations like that unless they are there. It is always hypothetical unless it is our experience.