• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Acts 19:19

Also, many of those who had practiced magic brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all. And they counted up the value of them, and it totaled fifty thousand pieces of silver.

There ya go! It is a scripturally sound practice.

Once again this is people burning there own goods. Not those of society. We are looking at self censorship in each of these cases. I can see that it would be dependent on the case. The beetles incident was taken out of context from a guy with nothing better to do with his life. Is it scriptually sound for a preacher to order the burning of Johan Strauss ( which I believe was the decree at the time. Because it was work associated with the revolution.

Thanks for the scripture axe but i noticed it didnt say many gathered others books and burnt them.

Absolutely it is a personal censorship, Spirit-led. Mass burnings is another issue, and I see where you are going there. I imagine the only mass-burning that we will ever see that is righteous will be on The Day of The Lord. All unrighteousness will be purged by fire.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Acts 19:19

Also, many of those who had practiced magic brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all. And they counted up the value of them, and it totaled fifty thousand pieces of silver.

There ya go! It is a scripturally sound practice.

That doesn't say that god instructed or condoned the burning only that ...THOSE WHO HAD PRACTICED MAGIC..." decided to burn THOSE books.

Anything that sets itself up against God is fodder for fire. If it is unholy, and stands before the knowledge of God, then what good is it? Good for fire. We are called to holiness. Possession of ANYTHING that is unholy for use or unholy in content is, in my view, not something God would be pleased about. I got rid of such things like that a long time ago...they were burned.

Do you trim your beard, wear blended fabrics, stone disobedient children, not eat shell fish or pork? I know, 'but those were laws given to the jews...' but doewsn't it actually show that god is against those things as well?

I believe the most important thing, is that we don't entertain the wickedness in out hearts, Lets take steps to keep our hearts clean. during the time, before I and the wife, were saved we had a bunch of videos that we shouldn't have had in the house. The Lord gave my wife a dream about getting rid of the videos. However where we live it is against the law to burn things outside, so we just ripped them up and tossed them in the trash. So either way, I don't see a problem with burning, or just trashing the stuff.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

When I first came to know Christ my friends instructed me to

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Excellent, mike! :24:

PS: Won't be coming to Ipswich any time soon! :o

• Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

oh, those spiders.... they harmless like a grand daddy long legs.... this was when the bath tub still drained out in the back yard, the neighbor still used an outhouse (1962) and my biological father had me convinced that this man was the Sand Man..... (he was an old man and had problems, made really odd sounds when he was in the... well nuff said)....

our back door was the same door that was on the building in the 1930's and 40's, it had a crack from top to bottom that prevented it from being opened, the crack was caused by one of them buzz bomb things that was lobbed over....

I use to go to the market at the corner and get a tube of smarties, had not seen any since we had left England until 1980 when i went to Iceland and was down town and seen a tube of them and started buying them up..... still like them.... better then M&M's ....

anyways,

dont let a little thing like a spider stop you from enjoying a trip to England, or anywhere else for that matter.... the Red Backs are an interesting breed also, as the Black Widow...

this past summer I had over 300 black widows captured, didnt feed them enough and they all died... shucks....

mike