Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Next,billions of our tax-dollars go for "helping" the mentally ill.  But,I know alot about what goes on in the mental health profession.  First of all,it is family members who cannot bear with another family member so they hand them over to the "professionals".  Then,that person being handed over to the "professionals" is given Medicaid and Medicare and the like.  Therefore,there are people in our Country who use the system to pawn off thier relatives on and we tax-payers pay the bill. For what it really is is a lacking of love on the part of many family members.  They no longer want to deal with the problems caused by another family member.  So,they use the system as I have said and the taxpayers are the scapegoats or the like. Meanwhile,the mentally ill aren't really helped.  They are put in programs and they just sit around and do nothing.  They are allowed to be unproductive members of society. But,the Bible says that if a man will not work he cannot eat.  So,these mental health programs are not of God either.  Alot if most of what goes on here is not of God as we do surely know.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?! Have you ever worked with the mentally ill? That is the biggest load of ____ I have ever read. Have you ever spent a day with an autistic child, or worse yet, an autistic adult? They can be a handful for a couple of hours, if not days, and for families, years. They NEED a break from them, they need special programming. Do you really think that Jesus would have thrown an autistic person out on their own? If so, you know a different Jesus than the one I know. The Jesus I know told me that He can be found in anyone, and anything I do to the least of my brethren, I do to him. So, caring for these mentally ill folks is taking care of Jesus. What about someone with schizophrenia? Don't give them medicine? That seems to be your conclusion. However, with meds, many schizophrenic individuals can lead VERY productive lives. Someone with mental retardation or cerebral palsey, just let them fend for themselves? Let them starve, scratch, and bite themselves? Don't spend any time with them to help them live their lives to the best they can!?

We don't spend enough money on mental health. You are right on one thing though, many programs do not do much... but, the reason that is is because the turn over rate is so high. And why is it so high? Because, the average person cannot survive on what these people are paid. And, in order to be effective, you need at least a college degree, if not an advanced degree or a doctorate. Can someone with a doctorate survive on $24,000 a year, if that much? No! Their school loans would eat up all their wages. So, if the mental health field is failing, its from a lack of funds, which results in undersqualified people filling those positions.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Next,billions of our tax-dollars go for "helping" the mentally ill.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest astralis

Astrology is not a religion I believe.  BTW, I'm against it.

So, this will be strange.  If it's not a religion then it qualifies for funding because there is no conflict between the separation of Church and State.

Guest astralis

No.  I wouldn't say it's the same.  

People don't worship the stars or whatever signs they represent the way we worship God.

Is sorcery a religion?

Some people worship stars, but sometimes is just part of another religion.  Sorcery, hmmm... I think that is more of a symptom of false religions rather than it being a religion of itself.  As far as studying the stars, even if it was just a part of another religion, reading the Bible is only a part of our religion, but would the government sponsor a Bible study?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

:cool2: