remarriage/divorce

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

A friend has come to ask me for some advice. I'm not sure what to say so just want some biblical advice on this. Here's the situation

Boy meets Girl (both unbelievers)

Boy marries Girl

Boy and Girl divorces

Girl gets saved

Boy marries Girl 2

Boy gets saved

Girl 2 divorces Boy

Boy wants to remarry Girl

Girl undecided

My question is what biblical advice would you give her? (Please include bible references).

Thanks

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  150
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

A friend has come to ask me for some advice. I'm not sure what to say so just want some biblical advice on this. Here's the situation

Boy meets Girl (both unbelievers)

Boy marries Girl

Boy and Girl divorces

Girl gets saved

Boy marries Girl 2

Boy gets saved

Girl 2 divorces Boy

Boy wants to remarry Girl

Girl undecided

My question is what biblical advice would you give her? (Please include bible references).

Thanks

I don't believe that there is a biblical precident for the girl or boy to not remarry both previous marriages were prior to their salvation. Both are now saved and the decision they now make is binding. But to state the obvious she is unsure, and there are no scriptures where God would speak that she must marry the ex-husband. The worst thing that would happen here is that two saved people would enter marriage without being 100% sure, for this time it is would be a covenant they made before God and divorce would not be an option except if one of the partners commits adultery. This is the biblical advise, DO not get married unless you have made a decision to commit to this marriage for life.

Blessings, Bethany

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  101
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  10/02/1948

First if she is unsure than she needs time to heal and to think. Both need to pray for Gods will in this situation and if they decide to try it again they need counseling before a remarriage. Praying for them God Bless

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

In the Old Testament, for a wife to return to a former husband after she was divorced from a second was forbidden. The Lord called it an "abomination." Now, I realize the Lord forgives all manner of sin. Thus, it causes a pause. The scenario, however, kind of sounds like this guy doesn't know what he's doing and should really just stay single for a while and get godly discipling.

Frank

• Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

In the Old Testament, for a wife to return to a former husband after she was divorced from a second was forbidden. The Lord called it an "abomination." Now, I realize the Lord forgives all manner of sin. Thus, it causes a pause. The scenario, however, kind of sounds like this guy doesn't know what he's doing and should really just stay single for a while and get godly discipling.

Frank

My friend has said no to him. I am a bit relieved cause he can be quite abusive.