EricH

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

For the past few months I have been going through the 7 Feasts of Israel in a Men's Bible Study I lead. As part of the study we have been looking at how the feasts can open up our understanding of many NT passages. Here is some feedback I received from a guy in the class:

I am at work and I am trying to focus my attention on my duties here at the

old SA's office. But...I keep thinking about the bible study we have been

doing. I feel moved to thank you for opening up so many new doors for me

through this simple study. My mind has not stopped churning over the

information that is contained in Mr. Levitt's small pamphlet. I won't pretend I

fully grasp all the concepts involved, but it is exciting nonetheless.

This testimony is exciting for me. It shows how understanding the Jewish roots of our faith can open up the depth of God's word for people.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

EricH, I just started reading through the entire Bible again, and when I got to the Festival's (and the sacrificial system also) I found myself rather confused about both of them. Can you share some of your study with us? I would really enjoy it, and know it would help with my understanding.

There are all kinds of resources for this online and in books.

Here's a link that I found with about 15 seconds of searching...

http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Holidays/holidays.html

But a lot of the richness gets lost in the translastion.

Any study will be shallow until one actually participates in the yearly cycle of these festivals, in my opinion.

WARNING: You might not be able to go back to church as usual.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, I've been studying about the feasts and have found it to be very interesting also.

There are times when the scriptures left me wondering what could possibly be the purpose of this text? For example, at the sepulchre John 20:7 (KJV) "And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself."

Then found the following in the book "Jewish Insights into the New Testament" by Barbara Richmond. She covered numerous subjects but included this explanation of the above verse. (This might not be a word for word

Thanks for the great resources Terter and Yod

Yes, I've been studying about the feasts and have found it to be very interesting also.

There are times when the scriptures left me wondering what could possibly be the purpose of this text? For example, at the sepulchre John 20:7 (KJV) "And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself."

Then found the following in the book "Jewish Insights into the New Testament" by Barbara Richmond. She covered numerous subjects but included this explanation of the above verse. (This might not be a word for word

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I see Shiloh hiding out at the bottom as I type this, thanks everybody so much. I'm reading a book right now that Shiloh told me about and it will probably help with some of my questions, but I really appreciate all of the references everybody has given me, and I do intend to check them out. My reading list is growing by leaps and bounds thanks to everybody here!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  101
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/02/1948

Are not some if not all of these feasts directly related to understanding Revelations??

Guest shiloh357
Are not some if not all of these feasts directly related to understanding Revelations??

Actually Passover is directly related to the book of Revelation. There is a very good book written by a Messianic Jew named, Daniel Juster titled, "The Passover Key" in which he demonstrates how Revelation is a more or less, an Exodus redux. Very good read.

Guest oceanssong

The more I learn about Jewish roots, the more I realize that it's almost impossible to understand Christianity in any depth apart from from its Jewishness. Back in September, I saw some teachings on Christian TV about the day of Yom Kippur (which came on Oct. 2 this year), and it really opened my eyes to things I've never seen or known before! I was so thankful that the Lord provided that teaching when He did. I want to get the book, but there are so many great books, and I won't live long enough to read all the ones I want to read now! :wub: