• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

I was just thinking...that although the Bible is an integral part of the direction of my life- it has little to do with my relationship with Christ. I haven't had a bible for the past two weeks because I gave it away, but that doesn't mean I've lost all foundation of my faith! I've made a COMMITMENT to Jesus, and that means that even if I don't have a bible to rely on I will be able to stay true to my love for Him.

Blessings,

Sierra

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

I was just thinking...that although the Bible is an integral part of the direction of my life- it has little to do with my relationship with Christ. I haven't had a bible for the past two weeks because I gave it away, but that doesn't mean I've lost all foundation of my faith! I've made a COMMITMENT to Jesus, and that means that even if I don't have a bible to rely on I will be able to stay true to my love for Him.

Blessings,

Sierra

AMEN Sister!! I love and adore you. So wise beyond your years. :):wub:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

Blessings,

Sierra

AMEN Sister!! I love and adore you. So wise beyond your years. :thumbsup::24:

awww you're so sweet!! You know I love you too! :24:

Heathen, with all due respect, first thank you for your reply...

For non believers to read the Bible, it is understandable that it doesn't make sense even if you think it does. When you don't believe and walk in the dark, the Bible is light and becomes a part of us who do believe. Non believers can't seem to grasp that and I seriously do not mean any disrespect.

And thank you for your reply as well. :emot-hug:

With all due respect would it be fair for me to say: It is understandable that logic and reasoning are beyond the grasp of christians even if you think it does. When you rely on faith and walk in the dark, logic and reason is light and becomes a part of us who do use it. Christians can't seem to grasp that and I seriously do not mean any disrespect.

My eyes are wide open as are most who are Christians on this forum. Now I feel as if you are just mocking me :21: and that's okay if you walk by logic as there is truth in logic and truth is the Bible. It is how you interpret it because your spirit is dead and mine is not so we have different perspectives. Why do you read it anyway? I am sincerely curious. :whistling: If you are the godlessheathen you claim to be, why are you here and what is your point? Are you attempting to draw others away from Christ, find contradictions (and here again as you don't believe, you'll find many and you'll be wrong ). So what is your motive?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

The only problem is that Christians are not directly following Jesus, they are following texts written by other people about Jesus. There are several degrees of separation between what they are committing to (Christianity and the modern English translation of the Bible) and what they believe to be following (the historical figure Jesus.)

It is not as simple as denying or accepting Jesus; it is about denying or accepting the Bible, which tells us about Jesus. The Bible is a document, a very old, heavily-translated one, and it could have been wrong. Jesus could have been completely true, but the Bible may have misinterpreted him, or lost some of his words (indeed, there are huge gaps in the biblical accounts of Jesus), etc

Honestly I agree with you here runner, One thing I do find though if I translate something wrong, God usualy corrects me, The Holy SPirit teaches me, :huh: which is somthing that is deeper than I can ever explain, Now, 1. You imply that we follow text of what was written, whats funny is they found another gosple of one of Jesus's deciples, and it mainly just stating things Jesus said, and it agrees with the whole bible. Now as far as the bible, Well if you don't believe you can trust modern english, your right I trust literal translations, and also learning learning hebrew and greek meanings of the words, it really helps me out. Now, runners, if you've found huge gaps in the bible, well, question? are you looking for gaps? cause someone could easily find a gap in the wall when their eyes are closed.

josh!!!

He isnt talking about the Holy Spirit because he doesn't know the Holy Spirit. He is saying we are following a BOOK called the Bible, not the Son of Man Jesus Christ. Can you not see it? How can you agree :thumbsup: He is a non believer and doesn't see the Truth in the Word of God and won't unless he accepts it is truth.

I know he isn't talking about the Holy Spirit, I do agree that alot of Christians don't follow the teachings of Jesus, and I do agree that there are alot of misinterpritations based off one verse, and alot of people who claim to be christian lack love, in that case ya, I agree with him, as for the bible being incorrect, I don't agree with that, lol the Holy Spirit guides me, it's an awesome thing, and I'll admit times I am wrong with the way I interprit what it means, but God always seems to correct me when I look for correction,.

I know he isn't talking about the Holy Spirit, I do agree that alot of Christians don't follow the teachings of Jesus, and I do agree that there are alot of misinterpritations based off one verse, and alot of people who claim to be christian lack love, in that case ya, I agree with him, as for the bible being incorrect, I don't agree with that, lol the Holy Spirit guides me, it's an awesome thing, and I'll admit times I am wrong with the way I interprit what it means, but God always seems to correct me when I look for correction,.

Thanks for clearing that up :24: Can I just say one thing? It has been my experience that when we think we are misinterpreting a passage, we can't possibly as the Holy Spirit discerns for us. Look at it this way, if there is a passage you do not understand at the moment, there is a message there. You may not understand the message now, but later on you will. God doesn't allow His children to be confused. His Word is the Truth and is our daily bread. Misinterpretation calls for more study. Check other passages, pray on them, read them over again. You will understand more as you grow in your walk with our awesome Lord!!!

;)

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Well, I'm certainly not prepared to write off the settled, reliable & authoritative Word of God which, of course, differentiates between what a Christian is and what, for example, a Muslim is. If we leave the Holy Bible under a proverbial bushel, do we also tend to annihilate sacred biblical commandments & obligations? We're called to "Search the Scriptures" and to "Study the Word" which is quite difficult to do if the Holy Bible becomes lost in the closet....for any reason. "To the Law and to the Testimony, if they speak not according to this word it's because there's no light in them." RIGHT ON!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm certainly not prepared to write off the settled, reliable & authoritative Word of God which, of course, differentiates between what a Christian is and what, for example, a Muslim is. If we leave the Holy Bible under a proverbial bushel, do we also tend to annihilate sacred biblical commandments & obligations? We're called to "Search the Scriptures" and to "Study the Word" which is quite difficult to do if the Holy Bible becomes lost in the closet....for any reason. "To the Law and to the Testimony, if they speak not according to this word it's because there's no light in them." RIGHT ON!

So very true. On my journey to this point I didn't read the Bible much. I would have those "seasons" where I would collect them and then they would gather dust in the bookshelf.. When I came to Worthy and "suddenly" found the perfect Bible for me somewhere when I was looking for something else, and there it was :24: The moment I picked it up again was the moment I began to journey a narrower path. Now it just keeps getting narrower by the moment and Praise the Lord for that. It is in His word I hear and know His messages to me. It is because of His word, I have my faith is stronger, my trust is deeper beyond what I thought I was capable of.

That particular Bible was looking to be found as if God Himself placed it in plain sight by His own hand. :24: It's great now though I have the Word on my computer and phone so never without.There is no light. They walk in the darkness and in them there is no light give them wisdom to comprehend the Word of God.

As Christinas, we are given the peace that there are mysteries we may not know until our deliverer returns and I accept that. I'm here for my bread as I am meditating on Scriptures which also feeds me. To trust........... or not to trust.... it is a very fine line so accessible to all yet to take that first step is the longest leap one may ever take and how wonderful He is when we do cross over that line out of the darkness and into the light.

:emot-questioned:

Heathen, with all due respect, first thank you for your reply...

For non believers to read the Bible, it is understandable that it doesn't make sense even if you think it does. When you don't believe and walk in the dark, the Bible is light and becomes a part of us who do believe. Non believers can't seem to grasp that and I seriously do not mean any disrespect.

And thank you for your reply as well. :24:

With all due respect would it be fair for me to say: It is understandable that logic and reasoning are beyond the grasp of christians even if you think it does. When you rely on faith and walk in the dark, logic and reason is light and becomes a part of us who do use it. Christians can't seem to grasp that and I seriously do not mean any disrespect.

This is why you do not understand what us believers do understand. Before I make my point, Christians are not ignorant and if you haven't noticed how intelligent and quick thinking using very wise words, please read their posts again. I don't put myself in that category but I am not stupid. I might ramble a lot and misspell words, but you and I see the world in two different ways. My eyes are wide open. I may have "blind" faith but how much more inspiring that Jesus had followers when He was living in the flesh. Multitudes became followers. Today, we can't see or touch Him and yet many generations have continued to believe in His Word, His Promise, His Truth.

Revelations for example is escpecially difficult to comprehend even as a Christian but I will, eventually, we all will. You can run but you can't hide. He is everywhere all the time. If you claim you seriously do not mean any disrespect in your own distorted view of who Christians really are. You speak of us like we are the plague :emot-questioned: but thank you for letting us know that you do not mean to be disrespectful towards us. It isn't worth it to argue since I actually walk in the light and those on earth who haven't come to accept Jesus yet are the ones truly walking in darkness.

:24:

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Following Jesus is