kat8585

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

can you not work it out yourself Nana ? I have already given you scriptures from the time / day of his burial how it was on the prep.day before the passover with the passover being revealed as the High Day. Then follows the friday when the women bought and prepared spices and ointments and come evening had to rest again on the weekly Sabbath according to the 4th Commandment(Ex.20 v 8).

There were 2 Preparation days and 2 Sabbaths in that week and Jesus was crucified on the first preparation day and buried just before sunset by Joseph of Arimethia and Nicodemus Jh.19 v 14, 31, 38, 40. From then on are exactly 72 hours to sunset Saturday.

Sunday started after sunset Saturday and while still dark (it does not specify exactly what time) came the women to anoint the body and found him already risen. The guards had fallen asleep scripture says. Sunday morning is after saturday sunset with God. Strange time to start a day but is the way it is.

There will be no point to repeat this over and over Nana. See it as a Revelation from God and give thanks, I did.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  06/05/1967

can you not work it out yourself Nana ? I have already given you scriptures from the time / day of his burial how it was on the prep.day before the passover with the passover being revealed as the High Day. Then follows the friday when the women bought and prepared spices and ointments and come evening had to rest again on the weekly Sabbath according to the 4th Commandment(Ex.20 v 8).

There were 2 Preparation days and 2 Sabbaths in that week and Jesus was crucified on the first preparation day and buried just before sunset by Joseph of Arimethia and Nicodemus Jh.19 v 14, 31, 38, 40. From then on are exactly 72 hours to sunset Saturday.

Sunday started after sunset Saturday and while still dark (it does not specify exactly what time) came the women to anoint the body and found him already risen. The guards had fallen asleep scripture says. Sunday morning is after saturday sunset with God. Strange time to start a day but is the way it is.

There will be no point to repeat this over and over Nana. See it as a Revelation from God and give thanks, I did.

So, You say, He died 3 pm Wen.(day 1,in Jewish time),then "one" of the"two" sabbaths was Thurs.(day 2, Jewish time) then Fri.(day 3,Jewish time), the day Mary was so busy buying and preparing spices that she couldn't go to the tomb before dark.Sabbath (#"two"}(day 4,Jewish time) you say He rose between 3pm-and before dark(day 5,Jewish time)when the Roman soldiers were sleeping (before dark Sat.)

What was I thinking?? I thought the scriptures that Jesus said "I will rise again on the third day",meant on the third day?? Silly me!!

What was I thinking?? I thought the scriptures that Jesus said "I will rise again on the third day",meant on the third day?? Silly me!!

Jesus said it would be 3 days and 3 nights.

Friday afternoon until Sunday morning is 2 nights and one day using elementary mathematics.

This is another example of how understanding the hebraic context of the scriptures is helpful. The Passover is a Sabbath no matter what day of the week it lands on...but besides that the Essenes held a different calendar than the Judeans so there was even a dispute as to which day Passover really began on in those days...

It is entirely possible (maybe even likely) that there were two different days observed by the two different groups much the same as the Eastern Orthodox celebrate christmas and ishtar on different days than Roman Catholics (and thus Protestants by default)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hank Hanagraff always says, "these are things we can vigorously debate about, but need not to devide over."

How important is this for us to devide over? Does an incorrect understanding of this cause a loss of salvation, thus final seperation from the One who loves us with Divine love?

I've seen this go through wall and wall and back to the same wall that was torn down the first time. Are we trying to rebuild that wall so that we can go through it again?

I wonder if we can shift this topic to a way in which we can help each other in our observance of the Sabbath?

:)

Amen.

Romans 14

4 Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

5 One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  06/05/1967

Jesus said it would be 3 days and 3 nights.

Friday afternoon until Sunday morning is 2 nights and one day using elementary mathematics.

This is another example of how understanding the hebraic context of the scriptures is helpful. The Passover is a Sabbath no matter what day of the week it lands on...but besides that the Essenes held a different calendar than the Judeans so there was even a dispute as to which day Passover really began on in those days...

It is entirely possible (maybe even likely) that there were two different days observed by the two different groups much the same as the Eastern Orthodox celebrate christmas and ishtar on different days than Roman Catholics (and thus Protestants by default)

Jesus also said "On The Third Day".

This example is from the link that I posted earlier:

A literal 72 hr. example in scripture;

Let's say this is on a Wed.

A:)Acts 10:3

Cornelius recieves a vision about the ninth hour(3 pm)

b:)Mark 15:34,37

Jesus,about the ninth hour(3pm) cried out with a loud vioce and gave up the ghost.

Lets say This is on a Thursday

A:)Acts 10:9 On the next day,the servants enter Joppa,and meet with Peter

B:)This day is supposably a Sabbath, although "feast days" were never ever called a Sabbath(outside of the books of Moses) through out the rest of the Bible.

Let's say this is on a Friday.

A:)Acts 10:23 On the next day, Peter leaves with the servants to go to Caesarea.

B:)From about 6pm, after Thursday Sabbath and ALL daylight hours Friday, Mary is buying and preparing spices,and runs out of time to go to the tomb.

Let's say this is a weekly Sabbath, not the feast Sabbath,as it was called on Thursday.

A:) Acts 10:24 The Next day, Peter and the servants enter Caesarea where Cornelius is waiting for them.

B:)Jesus supposably is risen about the ninth hour(3pm), The gaurds are sleeping. No one knows that He has risen..

A:)Acts 10:30(still the same day)" Cornelius said, FOUR DAYS AGO I was fasting until THIS HOUR; and at the ninth hour(3pm)............."

The first day of the week

A:)Mark 16:1,2 The Marys went, very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun. About 15 hours after Christ had risen, they finally find out.........

According to this theory, Jesus would have, burden a donkey the previous Sabbath, and He would not be the anti-type of First Fruits/Wave Sheaf.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/20/1961

First of all, why do you keep it? And why are there those who keep it strictly, but others who go to church, then do everything like it was any other day? This is something I've never understood.

For those who believe the Sabbath was changed from the 7th day to the first, why do you believe this? Are there any here who keep Sunday because that's just the way it's always been done in your family and you never really thought about it?

Seeing how the church that I am attending has services on sunday that is the day that I worship with the Body of Christ, tuesday is women's bible study, thursday night is communal prayer so I choose to participate at these times....I have had times in my life when I worked on sundays which makes it hard to observe that day for rest... BUT, the important thing is not the day, it is the fact that we should seperate ourselves to rest in Christ, and I believe that if we put limitations on that to a specific date or time we do not honor Him, we should live our lives as an act of worship and find our rest in Him even in the midst of the things of the world. Just my thoughts, not law.

H7673

שׁבת

shâbath

shaw-bath'

A primitive root; to repose, that is, desist from exertion; used in many implied relations (causatively, figuratively or specifically): - (cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, keep (sabbath), suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away.

Sabbath

SABBATH, n.

1. The day which God appointed to be observed by the Jews as a day of rest from all secular labor or employments, and to be kept holy and consecrated to his service and worship. This was originally the seventh day of the week, the day on which God rested from the work of creation; and this day is still observed by the Jews and some christians, as the sabbath. But the christian church very early begun and still continue to observe the first day of the week, in commemoration of the resurrection of Christ on that day, by which the work of redemption was completed. Hence it is often called the Lords day. The heathen nations in the north of Europe dedicated this day to the sun, and hence their christian descendants continue to call the day Sunday. But in the United States, christians have to a great extent discarded the heathen name, and adopted the Jewish name sabbath.

2. Intermission of pain or sorrow; time of rest.

Peaceful sleep out the sabbath of the tomb.

3. The sabbatical year among the Israelites. Lev 25.

That is awsome that you go to church meetings throughout the week! You prabably still work and seek your own pleasure on those days too. The sabbath, from evening untill evening is to be kept for holy convocations. Not your personal stuff.

The Sabbath was not given to the Jews! It was given to all mankind, way before there ever was a Jew. If you would really study your bible, with prayer and an open mind, you could only conclude that. Many of us have preconcieved ideas about this from what others tell us. But it's not scriptural.

I was raised with the same ideas as you. It is important to take the bible for what it says, rather than what fits into your comfort zone.

I actually was going to be hired at a job once, and when I told them that I can not work on Saturday, they decided not to give me the Job. They had even already given me uniforms, and orientation pay. I was in. Well I put my faith in Jesus, instead of being scared, or compromising my faith. Shortly after, God blessed me with an even better Job, that didn't require me to work on Sabbath. If you move out in faith, according to Gods will, he will bless you. Test him on this.

We often find ourselves making excuses for disobedience, but that's all they are; excuses. We need to put God first. If we put him first, we will love and obey his law even if it means we will be persecuted, lose our job, our friends, or our family. The Great Controversy has to do with worship. Will we do it Gods way or Satans. We should obey God, even unto death.

God promises a special blessing to those who keep his Sabbath. This doesn't mean that we shouldn't honor God , and worship him on other days. But we have to earn a living, and take care of business on the other days. Therefore we cannot worship all day everyday, as the Sabbath. The whole Sabbath day is set apart as different and special, and holy. Read the fourth commandment.

TomPJr,

I am glad to be able to respond to your comment. The church that the Lord has led me to has their worship service on sunday so this is the day that I keep for the sabbath at this time. And at this point in my life I do not work, unfortunately for the last 7 years I have been disabled by Hepatitis C that I aquired at work, probably on a saturday or sunday. Unfortunately there is work that even Christ allowed on the sabbath, I do believe he healed on the sabbath. Do you believe that the proper thing to do is for all the medical professionals, police, firemen or say soilders should just stop doing their jobs at 12:01am on the sabbath and just leave everyone to what ever their end would be?

As for the personal slams about seeking my own pleasure or being raised with the same ideas as you I doubt either of those are even close to the truth. You see I find my pleasure in things of Christ and he has honored me for that with completely healing me, on feb. 16 2006 at 2:10pm, of all my physical(Hepatitis C, thyroid problems, high blood pressure, diabetes and ruptured discs in my lower back that had me on crutches) and emotional ailments( PTSD from years of physical, emotional abuse and rape), some that have plagued me my whole life. Also until 3 1/2 years ago I had no idea what the Bible said, you see I was raised athiest, there was no God, no church, no Bible and no hope in my home, though there was a lot of abuse and neglect. So when Christ revealed himself to me and I accepted His salvation I was truly born again.

It has been over a year and a half since I have had worldly things in my home such as television, radio, newspapers or books that are not specifically for learning God's word. You see the Lord had called me to study and seek holiness, godliness and His grace, so I removed all those worldly distractions from my home. I have just been online for a month because in january I am going to go back to school and earn my Master's in Nursing and then go out fulltime into the mission field. This is what God has called me to do and nothing will stop that from happening. If I had days and pages I could tell you of just a few of the blessings that He has bestowed on me in the last few years but I really have to get to bed. You see tomorrow morning I am going to see my brother and his family that live in a Wiccan commune and minister to them. So please pray for Christ and the Holy Spirit to be in charge of the next few days in my life as I step out for him.

God Bless you and keep you,

Amanda :emot-pray:

Mat 9:21-22 For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.

But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

Luk 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: Give, and it shall be given unto you, good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

So, You say, He died 3 pm Wen.(day 1,in Jewish time),then "one" of the"two" sabbaths was Thurs.(day 2, Jewish time) then Fri.(day 3,Jewish time), the day Mary was so busy buying and preparing spices that she couldn't go to the tomb before dark.Sabbath (#"two"}(day 4,Jewish time) you say He rose between 3pm-and before dark(day 5,Jewish time)when the Roman soldiers were sleeping (before dark Sat.)

Yes indeed , silly you !!

speaking of jewish time as if they lived on another planet. Since when are a few minutes (before sunset ) counted as 24 hrs ? Are you making out Jesus did not know how many hours are in a day and night, Jh.11 v 9 / 10. Now why should he spell that out to us unless he knew there would come skeptics and unbelievers trying to twist scripture to their own advantage ?

BLESSUALL , good post , thank you.