• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

If you agree with that, I question your humanity, They can love, just like the rest of us, but they confuse love with lust, and fall into wickedness, them, I have no place to judge them, they are confused by the ways of the world, I can judge the sin, Homosexulaity is a sin, that is made known, and is known.

Who are you to say they can't love? You can't possibly know that.

That statement leads me to question your sanity. :noidea:

josh-13 is correct. Homosexuality is a confusing place---confusing love with lust, mostly, and then it gets away from them into infatuation, and downward they go, into a spiral of addiction.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/21/1986

josh-13 is correct. Homosexuality is a confusing place---confusing love with lust, mostly, and then it gets away from them into infatuation, and downward they go, into a spiral of addiction.

Floatingaxe, I know you think the Bible is absolute on this and that any potentially contradictory life experience, observation or evidence is therefore just ignorance on our part, but do be aware that, as you aren't gay, don't appear to initmately know anyone who is gay and seem adamant about remaining in this position, you're coming across with all the authority of, to use an example, a man who has only had cows described to him by other people giving a lecture, to farmers, on cattle. Which is to say, none whatsoever. And I'm fairly sure that you'll think I'm just saying this because the Devil is speaking through me or somesuch as a result of my not knowing God - so you can skip the response where you highlight this post from the fifth word to the twenty-seventh and ignore everything else - but if there was, hypothetically, a completely hypothetical universe in which you (hypothetically) were a non-believer who saw, only hypothetically, nothing wrong with homosexuality and did in fact (hypothetically) count loving homosexual couples among your friends, is it possible - albeit hypothetically - that a person holding your current views on the subject would seem to have no idea what they're talking about?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

So, the purpose of this thread is to ask whether or not you, as Christians, would prefer to live in a Christian theocracy or not and why; and any problems you might percieve with such a system, assuming for a moment that implementation in your lifetimes through whatever means - be they violent or non-violent - was possible.
Yes, because I would not be surrounded by the moral filth and depravity that I am now. There would be no problems if we lived under God's law, denial of them got us here in the first place.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Yes, because I would not be surrounded by the moral filth and depravity that I am now. There would be no problems if we lived under God's law, denial of them got us here in the first place.
Thinking that if they instituted your particular brand of Christian law, then suddenly everyone would both be alright with it and suddenly begin to conform to your moral system seems incredibly naive.
I was asked if I would "prefer to live in a Christian theocracy or not" AAA, there is no reason to call my desire naive. There is no harm in wanting and dreaming for such a place.

That's too bad, really. Marriage the way God intends it is a wonderful thing. You have really missed out on a lot.

What? Can you please restate?

I'm not gay, by the way, if that's what you're implying, not that I would be ashamed if I was.

I meant that if you haven't really seen a loving normal marriage, you have missed out on a lot.

Floatingaxe, I know you think the Bible is absolute on this and that any potentially contradictory life experience, observation or evidence is therefore just ignorance on our part, but do be aware that, as you aren't gay, don't appear to initmately know anyone who is gay and seem adamant about remaining in this position, you're coming across with all the authority of, to use an example, a man who has only had cows described to him by other people giving a lecture, to farmers, on cattle. Which is to say, none whatsoever. And I'm fairly sure that you'll think I'm just saying this because the Devil is speaking through me or somesuch as a result of my not knowing God - so you can skip the response where you highlight this post from the fifth word to the twenty-seventh and ignore everything else - but if there was, hypothetically, a completely hypothetical universe in which you (hypothetically) were a non-believer who saw, only hypothetically, nothing wrong with homosexuality and did in fact (hypothetically) count loving homosexual couples among your friends, is it possible - albeit hypothetically - that a person holding your current views on the subject would seem to have no idea what they're talking about?

There! I quoted every word this time! :emot-hug:

Don't be silly now! I do happen to have a homosexual friend and I do have a nephew who is homosexual, so I do speak from experience, having been "intimately" acquainted with homosexuality.

My view is the same--God's view! They know it, but we have relationship in spite of it. God gives me the love required to love these people without the judgment that so often comes their way from Christians.

I do know what I am talking about, and so does every other person who walks with God! He holds that it is an abomination, and so do His kids!

I meant that if you haven't really seen a loving normal marriage, you have missed out on a lot.

Axe, I've seen many a normal, loving marraige. My dad and my stepmom, my mom and my stepdad, my step-grandparents, my step-great-grandparents (although my step-great-granddad just died recently), my aunt and uncle.

All healthy, and my point still stands!

Then I do not believe you when you say that on average you have witnessed a greater degree of love in a homosexual "union".

Nah. It's just "birds of a feather flock together." Partners in crime. Just like a child, when told not to do something, they find a sneaky way to do it. You are unconvincing to say the least.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  02/21/1986

This way, on average, gay people who get together are more loving than straight people. However, it has nothing to do with the superiority of gay love, but more a culling process that affects gay relationships because of the extreme amount of prejudice and discrimination directed towards them in our society.

Bollox. Sorry, but I loathe these kind of arguments. As you'll know from my posts, I have absolutely nothing against homosexuality, but I think that any argument to determine which kind of couple, gay or straight, is more 'loving' is just going to be unfounded. The fact of the matter is that people love differently, in different ways, for different reasons and to different degrees. I know gay & straight men and women in loving, committed relationships, and I know gay & straight men and women who are single and enjoy shopping around. And as far as I'm concerned, that's OK: they're old enough and intelligent enough to be responsible for their actions. So cool. But one thing I cannot and will not stand is sweeping generalisations about sexuality. AAA, you're effectively giving the same kind of reasons for why gay couples are more loving as Floatingaxe is giving for the opposite. Which is largely unhelpful. I've come across gay articles before which are frankly hostile to the idea of being 'normal' (hetero), and I find them irritating and largely detrimental to the overall idea that being gay is fine, the same as I also dislike articles in the opposite vein, of sledging gayness for its 'abnormality.' As far as I'm concerned, there's no call to go wading into the land of unsubstantiated, universal claims and theories about who loves better and why; all it does is weaken the argument as a whole and sideline the main point, which is, as I'm sure you'd agree, the fact that gay love (in our opinion) is not just misguided lust, and is as legitimate a feeling as that experienced by heterosexuals.

Nah. It's just "birds of a feather flock together." Partners in crime. Just like a child, when told not to do something, they find a sneaky way to do it. You are unconvincing to say the least.

The entire point was that I have seen gay love, and I have seen straight love, and I cannot find any single reason to justify holding one above the other.

I could never convince you, Axe. There's a reason you used to be on my ignore list. I feel that you never actually think about my arguments, or those of anyone else, and that you truly have a closed mind. I'm sorry for that.

Might I ask you, what would change your mind on this issue?

Nothing, unless God changes His, and that won't happen. Why should I entertain your arguments beyond just reading them, when I (and countless other believers here at Worthy) know the Truth? Of course you can never convince me! My mind is closed to entertaining sin. That's a good thing! That is the wonderful thing about knowing the Living God--He renews our minds! We learn to think like God, taking on the mind of Christ daily. It changes us totally, as we become more and more like Jesus, and more and more righteous in our behaviours! What a life! He calls us to excellence, drawing us from our knees in the gutters of life to His Life of peace, joy and true love. Who wouldn't want that??????????

Christians walk a narrow path, not a broad path. We are called to it.