IGNORED

Im dying inside! How do you live life?!... Literally?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

LADYC wrote:

whysoblind, i may have missed some of the posts or threads regarding the job search, but last i recall reading, she had not put out many applications at all. she'd applied to one job, missed and rescheduled an interview, and didn't get the job which made her very upset. she would not listen to anyone's suggestions as to what may have contributed to her not getting that job, and instead said the interviewer was a flake. i asked her at that time how many interviews she's had or how many jobs she's applied for, and if i recall correctly at that time, the response was very few.

my own daughter feels it's too hard to get work, feels like nobody wants to hire her. in truth, she's only applied to half a dozen places. when one really needs to work, or wants to work, the key to getting a job is to keep knocking on doors (so to speak) and apply for three or four jobs every day until you find one. you have to assume that there are dozens of people applying for every single opening that you apply for, so praying and waiting is futile unless you're going about it in the right way... which means filling out applications, sending resumes, being on time to interviews, over and over until you are hired. please don't criticize candi for saying the same thing DoK has already heard.... wise advice never goes out of style.

This is SO annoying--for the LAST time--I DID no MISS an interview. My INERVIEWER did! You ALL misread that thread I wrote and as much as I TRIED to explain it over and over you all did not GET IT. It seriously made me reconsider ever posting here again-- I DO NOT want to hear anything more about that and LADYC you have my permission to not respond to any of my threads EVER again... Thank you!

Edited by DaughterofKing

DoK, you have much animosity towards me, and have expressed it from the beginning, and i hope some day you can forgive me for whatever it is that you find offensive about me. i'm pretty sure i know what that is, since the first time you expressed your animosity was when i had not even spoken to you at all, but was discussing a topic that you disagreed with and you blasted me as being a sicko. i apologize if after this amount of time (it's been several weeks or more since that thread about the interview) i can not recall the details correctly. i do recall that the interviewer did miss his appointment, but i also seem to recall that prior to his missing the interview, you had rescheduled an appointment, and it never was clear to many of us why you rescheduled or if you'd given proper advance notice. in any case, you were given very wise counsel by many people regarding ways to avoid a similar situation in the future and how rescheduling may have had an impact on the outcome.

whysoblind, you're taking my words out of context. in the sense of a job search, yes, you have to go out and find one and it is similar to the lottery. but that certainly doesn't mean you should not pray that God will open the right doors for you and help you to find the position that He can use you most in. and when a position is offered, you should also pray and ask for God's confirmation to you that the position is where He wants you.

as i stated, when you pray for God's will, the answer will always be PEACE. if you don't feel peace about the decision you made or the choice you're considering making, then it's not the right choice. how do i know? because scripture says that satan is the father of fear and doubt. because scripture is pretty clear that God gives us peace. i've put that theory to the test a thousand times in the last 15 years or so, and the accuracy rate is 100%. when i went ahead with something that i didn't feel total peace about, it became clear very quickly that i'd gone against God's will.... or as secularists would say "my better judgement". but whenever i waited on God to give me peace about a decision, it has always worked out positively.

there have been times when it seemed the peace was long in coming. and i can also say that 100% of the time when that happened, it was because i was wrestling with what i wanted to do vs. what i felt God was leading me to do. and in those situations, i sometimes continued to wrestle for days, weeks, even months in one instance. i thought i was wrestling with the choice, but i wasn't. i was wrestling with God. and God sat back and remained silent until i stopped fighting Him and said sincerely to Him, "ok, THIS is not the choice i want to make, but is it YOUR will?" and lo and behold, peace washed over me instantly. and so i did His will, and never once looked back with regret.

So basicly you dont actually "hear" from God? You just play the lottery and "sombody" is bound to hire you, and for some reason you think "god" puts you in that place, even though the world does the exact same thing with the same result. That is not really even "waiting on the Lord" either. That is just lottery, hit or miss, win or lose, and you "buy more tickets" by just making more resumes. However, You haven't been led by God any more than the muslim or the atheist because they do the same thing.

YES! :thumbsup: It isn't playing the lottery. It's trusting God to work through other people and situations in your life. I don't think "waiting on the Lord" is applicable in this situation. I could use that verse, go lock myself in that closet, and wait for God to push a hot dog through the keyhole. "Well, God, I'm hungry, but I'm waiting on You to provide." That would be ridiculous, wouldn't it? God expects us to step out in faith and use the faculties He gave us. He expects us to step out and trust Him to work where we don't expect. He expects us to live in this world, just like the Muslim or the atheist, except to believe that He is there, guiding everything going on. His all-powerful-ness doesn't depend on what we do or don't do.

OK see right there again im confused again with that last line. If his all powerfulness doesnt depend on what we do or dont do then why do much of anything? Why bother?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

:thumbsup:

1 Thessalonians 1:3We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Thessalonians 1:11With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith.

Hebrews 11:1Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

James 2:22You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

James 2:26As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

James 2:20You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?

James 2:17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.18But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

I got more. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

1 Thessalonians 1:3We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Thessalonians 1:11With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith.

Hebrews 11:1Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

James 2:22You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

James 2:26As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

James 2:20You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?

James 2:17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.18But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

I got more. :thumbsup:

OK...im asking you how I am supposed to live life. Do I go to Bible Study and pass the attractive man a note or do I stay home and pray that God brings my husband to the supermarket the next time I run out of milk.

Where do I go to work? This company or that? Where do I buy clothing? Here or there or does God want me to only shop at church thrift stores?

Can I drink coffee? My dad said no to bring anymore coffee in the house. Would GOd hate me if I just bought a little for me? Or should I not put anything unhealthy in my body since its God's temple.

I have no friends. Should I go out and make some? Or pray for some? Suzy wants to be my friend but she said a swear word, would God want me to keep talking to her?

Is fellowshipping on the internet enough? DO i have to fellowship in person? WHere should I fellowship. My parents would like me to fellowship at their church but I prefer another. Is that OK? But this church has a cookstore--thats kinda wordly--does God approve of this church? SHould I go to a more modest one?

Is it alright for me to watch Frasier. In some ways its a good show but in others it is unGOdly? Would God mind? What about my Meg Ryan romantic comedies, theyre kinda cute but kinda bad in some parts too.

Oh i really like that sweater--wait---the shop is advertising by putting attactive ppl out front to promote an image--hmm would GOd want me to even step foot in this shop?.....

I got more ?? :24:

Edited by DaughterofKing

Look, Im a wreck, I have no idea how to live life. Literally. I am 26, unwed, no kids, I live with my parents. I did graduate college. I have no job. I am a Christian--which has made things even more complicated for me because...

I question everything I do. I keep hearing Christinas to tell me to follow God's will. Whenever I have a question I am told to pray. And wait for God's answer. So I never know what to do and I usually do nothing. It's killing me.

I look for meaning in everything around me. That tragic story about the man who died in the snow looking for help while his wife and kids waited in the car and were saved--I thought that maybe that meant that I am always sposed to just wait on the Lord and never go get help for myself.

So now I am seriously questioning (which i swhat I always do) whether or not I should go to a singles Bible study that I had planned on going to (I thought I should actively seek a mate) or if I should just stay home and wait for God to bring me one.

I do this with EVERYTHING in my life and my life is just becoming so hard and stressful. I question everything. I wonder if I am supposed to trust signs and the feelings I feel that stop me from doing things sometimes.

I am just tired, my head hurts. And yes I do pray and I do turn to the word but sometimes things are not clear to me. And I have a feeling you're gonna tell me to pray and turn to the word again. Which will give me a headache....

AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

First off, I can't stand it when people see someone in need of help and they tell them to "be filled with the Holy Spirit.. Go in peace!" and then they never offer themselves for help.

Phewy on that! I can't stand it when you people see someone in need and then you treat it like it's their falt for not "praying" enough or not "seeking God" enough! Don't you understand? Have you not seen? Even though she speaks you still do not hear?

DoK, I'm not trying to make others look bad, and I'm not trying to make myself look better, I'm just being blunt and honest here. So I hope I something in my finite mind and words that will help you...

OK...im asking you how I am supposed to live life. Do I go to Bible Study and pass the attractive man a note or do I stay home and pray that God brings my husband to the supermarket the next time I run out of milk.

If there's a hint in you that thinks this will be fun, Do it! :sleep2:

Where do I go to work? This company or that? Where do I buy clothing? Here or there or does God want me to only shop at church thrift stores?

How much does it matter? God gave you a mind for you to use. It's okay to do something without asking God for everything. Hmmm, I think I might... Post this reply because I think I might have something to offer! lol :P God wants us to be free, not on a leash by Him (no, I'm not suggesting apart from Him for you bible bashers)

Can I drink coffee? My dad said no to bring anymore coffee in the house. Would GOd hate me if I just bought a little for me? Or should I not put anything unhealthy in my body since its God's temple.
Well, honor your father, it is his house... but, if coffee tastes good, for God's sake, drink a cup!

I have no friends. Should I go out and make some? Or pray for some? Suzy wants to be my friend but she said a swear word, would God want me to keep talking to her?
Of coarse He does... He still wants to talk to her and how do you think He's going to do that? I think it just might be you! ;)

Is fellowshipping on the internet enough? DO i have to fellowship in person? WHere should I fellowship. My parents would like me to fellowship at their church but I prefer another. Is that OK? But this church has a cookstore--thats kinda wordly--does God approve of this church? SHould I go to a more modest one?
Look, it's all good. This message is directed to you and not everyone reading it and their life situation, so everyone reading.. please don't be legalistic with me... thanks

Personally, I do believe that you need real, face to face relationships. That's one reason that you were called into salvation, is for relationships. Some people are so called "week" in their walk. They believe that they have to wear long dresses and wear suits and ties to church. For goodness sake, you're in church every day of your life! You are the church! God loves it when you don't try to impress others. Man, just don't show up to church naked or something. God made you the way you are for a reason.. and He meant it! *smiles*

Is it alright for me to watch Frasier. In some ways its a good show but in others it is unGOdly? Would God mind? What about my Meg Ryan romantic comedies, theyre kinda cute but kinda bad in some parts too.

Okay, here's what I believe about that. Is it harming your progress with the Lord? By you watching that show, are you becoming like the poeple in it? If so, don't watch it. but, if you can watch it and it not effect you in a negative way, than loosen up. Just don't drown yourself with these kind of things. That's when it gets bad. Like for me, I don't watch soap oprahs. They're not good for be because I think thier full of deciet and ungodliness. But ocassionaly, I'll watch one because my wife watches them. Am I a bad person for that? No... Is my wife a bad person for that? no... she's just stronger than me in that area, and, we're convicted differently.

Oh i really like that sweater--wait---the shop is advertising by putting attactive ppl out front to promote an image--hmm would GOd want me to even step foot in this shop?.....

Check it out.. I just had a thought... we live in a messed up world and everything we get from where ever we get it from is going to come from a messed up person who needs a perfect God..

God made the earth and people, people then took the things of the earth and re-arranged them and made it into a sweater. Whatever that person who made that sweater thinks, God made it anyway.. If I can afford it and I like it, I'm buying it! Simple. :)

Look, it's not about what you're thinking. Forget about failure! That's right, through it out the window and, like Micheal Jordon said, "Just do it!"

Ya got to... you were made to... you need to...

God will always be with you, that's for sure. I can tell because you want Him in every decision. Well, He is more than you know it... The Holy Spirit is there interceding for you All The Time. Which I think is awesome, He's always got your back, always. I heard this from someone once, "If you're afraid to do it, then do it afraid!"

I think you'll be fine walking in faith, which is to say, walking with confidence in what you do you are doing is making a difference, even if it is buying that sweater, because you never know, someone may be in the same situation you are in now and they may need your help getting out of it just like you need help now. Does that make sense?

You're awesome and I'm glad you're alive!

God bless!

Edited by Live4Eternity

Good answers, Jason. :sleep2:

DoK, does this satisfy? :)

No, no, WSB, I wasn't posting the Scriptures trying to imply that you didn't want to work. Look back at them. The Hebrews verse talks about how faith is being certain of what we can't see. If we were to wait around until God shows us exactly where to go and what to do, it wouldn't be faith. It would be obedienceif we did it, but not faith, because we've seen what God wants us to do.

The other verses, I posted to show that, even though faith is not always seeing, we're to act out of that faith.

I'm very sorry and apologize for the misunderstanding. The reason I only posted Scripture and no commentary was because I didn't want to seem argumentative.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Try sending a potted plant to the interviewer AFTER you have the interview, thanking him for giving you the opportunity to meet with him.

Follow up with a call,a few days later to see if the position was filled.

As far as the mate thing goes.

Dont look too hard, but keep your eyes open.

I see nothing wrong with going to a singles bible study to meet others and fellowship.

Put God first but dont blind yourself to what is around you.

There is a company that finds jobs for you for a small fee.

They dont charge until you get your first pay check.

Locally, it's called Kelly Services.

Not sure of the one in your area.

Look in yellow pages for employment agencies.

(Dont get mad but Keep praying) :emot-pinochio: