• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Greetings JG2,

You can get into lots of difficulty with your thinking such as Universal Salvation. What happens to the soul/spirit of a man doomed to perdition? If man were "part" God, then God would not doom any part of Himself to perdition. Do you see what I mean?

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Amen Dad,

I do see your point, I have trouble puting things in the right words sometimes.

My question is, didnt God indwell man, when he breathed life into him, as He does now? So as now when man is born again, the Spirit of God indwells us, and in essense we are part man part God. Meaning we have the power of God within us.

This is not something I go around teaching others, as a matter of fact this is the first time I have ever brought it up, or even really thought about it much to tell the truth, and it is something I am not dogmatic in as I mentioned.

I wanted to bounce it around and get some feed back.

I do appreciate your caution though, and maybe I will let this thought go. This is something that can be taken very wrong, and out of the context of what I am trying to say, at at no fault of the hearer.

Thanks Dad,

Kevin

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God did breath life into our fleshly bodies, but that is not the same as being born again into the spirit. We come into this world and are only of the flesh maintained by Gods breath. When we are born again we are indwelt by the Spirit and do not go to perdition. But just being born of this flesh we can that's why we must be born again into God's family.

In Yeshua's love

Teri

• Group:  Royal Member

God did breath life into our fleshly bodies, but that is not the same as being born again into the spirit. We come into this world and are only of the flesh maintained by Gods breath. When we are born again we are indwelt by the Spirit and do not go to perdition. But just being born of this flesh we can that's why we must be born again into God's family.

In Yeshua's love

Teri

I undertand this, hence the term "born-again" , We were born of the Spirit, the breath of life, by God.

I believe an example of this is seen in John 20:22

But when Adam sinned, we died. And hence the need to be born again by the spirit of God in order to regain eternal life to which I believe we were origionally created for.

Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Death simply means seperation from God. Its still eternal, and we will exist for eternity one way or the other as will the angels to either life with or seperation from God.

But as Dad E had pointed out I must use caution in what I say or rather how I say it. I dont want to put out something that is false and contrary to scripture.

I do apreciate your response Teri. And I do admit I need a whole lot more study into this, it was just a thought that came to me and I wanted to toss around.

In Jesus

Kevin

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings JG2,

I appreciate your honesty Kevin and willingness to examine your beliefs. At various times in my Christian walk, I have also dwelt on various subjects as this and eventually discarded them as not being fruitful. I believe this is what is important in the Kingdom of God.

My question is, didnt God indwell man, when he breathed life into him, as He does now? So as now when man is born again, the Spirit of God indwells us, and in essense we are part man part God. Meaning we have the power of God within us.

No, I do not believe God indwelt Adam, because all of creation from the beginning has waited for and looked for the Revelation of Jesus Christ:

Romans 8:19-22 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

and Jesus' comment to his disciples was:

John 14:16-17 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

You might want to consider the Solomon Temple which was a "type" of the Temple which was to come, namely Christ, His Church and His Followers. After all the temple and the surrounds were constructed and all the gold and silver utencils were readied and the people fasted and prayed and dedicated the temple - THEN the Shikanah Glory came upon the temple and rested in the Holy of Holies. We cannot say that the Temple was PART God, but ONLY that God indwelt the Temple.

Does that help?

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/30/1958

God Is alpha and omega. That is how he knew us before we were actually born into this world.

Amen Dad E,

I appreciate your gentle rebuke, and I do see what you are saying and agree, thanks for letting me kick it around.

It was just a thought, but I think I'll leave as just that.

God bless

Guest Calamity

JIG2, I came across this, while I was looking for something else. I don't know if it'll help any, and it may have already been posted, but here it is:

1 Cor. 15

[45] And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

[46] Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

[47] The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Guest shadow2b
- The Bible tells us we were dust and to dust we shall return, but God formed us and then breathed "life" into the dust - no lightening, no special mud. We are created beings that only existed in the mind of God until the day He created us.

- AS usual DAD--YOU tell it exactly correct----{the highlighted part} EXplains it all--YOU {we} just

- canNot get caughtup in or pay attention to "new-age"sillyisms{new werd??} JUST as in any

-creation--like artistic paintings-sculptures-michaelangelo's painting of the cistine chapel--"THE"

-creation was first "formed" in the mind of the artist then applied to the canvas or sculpture-or

-drawn on paper to figure out all the "finer"points the artist wishes to capture--{uhhh?? is that

-anywhere near clear or understandable????} Godblessyousmiley.gif

JIG2, I came across this, while I was looking for something else. I don't know if it'll help any, and it may have already been posted, but here it is:

1 Cor. 15

[45] And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

[46] Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

[47] The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Hey thanks calamity,

If that dont shut my mouth nothing will :x: !

I wasnt trying to go new age on anybody, it was just a thought but this settles any questions I had.

Thanks again sis.

In Jesus

Kevin :t2:

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings S2B,

I have in my mind someday to meet you and to give you a holy kiss. I look forward to making that a reality!

God Bless,

Dad Ernie