IGNORED

Sabbath on saturday or sunday?

Observer of dreams

Guest DYChowmah
The New Testament specifically tells us that we have been freed from the Sabbath command. Paul told the Colossians, " He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. ...Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day" (Colossians 2:13-16).

sw

Hi st Worm. The new testament says no such thing. Youve used Col. 2 to make that point but how does the bible interpret Col.2?

COL. 2 [16] Let no man therefore judge you in MEAT, or in DRINK, or in respect OF AN HOLYDAY, or of the NEW MOON, or of the SABBATH DAYS:

It would make sence that the way to find out what Col.2 is talking about is to find other scriptures talking about the same thing. Meat and drink in respect to holydays (feast days), new moons and the sabbaths.

EZEKIEL 45 [17] And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and MEAT offerings, and DRINK offerings, in the FEASTS, and in the NEW MOONS, and in the SABBATHS, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

Look here st. Worm, Ezek. 45 even has them in the exact same order as Col.2. Now i guess we can look at the specific meat and drink offerings of the holy days (feast days), new moons, and sabbath days.

NUMBERS 28 [9] And ON THE SABBATH day two lambs of the first year without spot, and two tenth deals of flour for a MEAT OFFERING, mingled with oil, and the drink offering thereof: [10] This is the burnt offering of every sabbath, beside the continual burnt offering, and his DRINK OFFERING.

Theres the meat and drink offerings for the sabbath days that Col.2 [16] was speaking of.

EZEKIEL 46 [6] And in the day of the NEW MOON it shall be a young bullock without blemish, and six lambs, and a ram: they shall be without blemish. [7] And he shall prepare a MEAT OFFERING, an ephah for a bullock, and an ephah for a ram, and for the lambs according as his hand shall attain unto, and an hin of oil to an ephah.

The meat offering for the new moon that was spoken of in Col.2 [16].

LEVITICUS 23 [4] THESE ARE THE FEASTS OF THE LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. [5] In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is THE LORD'S PASSOVER. [6] And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the Lord: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread. [7] In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. [8] But ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord seven days: in the seventh day is an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. [9] And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, [10] Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest: [11] And he shall wave the sheaf before the Lord, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it. [12] And ye shall offer that day when ye wave the sheaf an he lamb without blemish of the first year for a burnt offering unto the Lord. [13] And the MEAT OFFERING thereof shall be two tenth deals of fine flour mingled with oil, an offering made by fire unto the Lord for a sweet savour: and the DRINK OFFERING thereof shall be of wine, the fourth part of an hin.

In all the feast days (holy days) meat and drink offerings were written into the laws of commandments contained in the ordinances. The above scripture points out the holy day of passover when Jesus was crucified. So why should we judge no man in meat or drink in respect to holy days, new moons and sabbath days? Because Jesus fulfilled these offerings that were written in the law of commandments contained in the ordinances. The meat and drink offerings are no more to be observed. In JOHN 6 you can see why this is so.

JOHN 6 [53] Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. [54] Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. [55] For MY FLESH IS MEAT INDEED, and MY BLOOD IS DRINK INDEED.

May all here enjoy todays sabbath. Jesus said it was made for man, not only the jews. Enjoy.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

"May all here enjoy todays sabbath. Jesus said it was made for man, not only the jews. Enjoy."

No, what Jesus said was, that the sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath. You've inserted "jew" so it fits what your wanting it to say.

Guest DYChowmah

Heres another point of scriptures we can look at st. Worm. But...it says the same thing.

COL.2 [14] BLOTTING OUT THE HANDWRITING OF ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;[15] And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.[16] Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:[17] Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Jesus blotted out

Guest DYChowmah
"May all here enjoy todays sabbath. Jesus said it was made for man, not only the jews. Enjoy."

No, what Jesus said was, that the sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath. You've inserted "jew" so it fits what your wanting it to say.

Uhhhh...you just said what i said and Jesus said. The sabbath was made for man. Are you saying that "man" only consist of the Jews?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

The New Testament specifically tells us that we have been freed from the Sabbath command. Paul told the Colossians, " He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. ...Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day" (Colossians 2:13-16).

sw

Hi st Worm. The new testament says no such thing. Youve used Col. 2 to make that point but how does the bible interpret Col.2?

COL. 2 [16] Let no man therefore judge you in MEAT, or in DRINK, or in respect OF AN HOLYDAY, or of the NEW MOON, or of the SABBATH DAYS:

It would make sence that the way to find out what Col.2 is talking about is to find other scriptures talking about the same thing. Meat and drink in respect to holydays (feast days), new moons and the sabbaths.

EZEKIEL 45 [17] And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and MEAT offerings, and DRINK offerings, in the FEASTS, and in the NEW MOONS, and in the SABBATHS, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

Look here st. Worm, Ezek. 45 even has them in the exact same order as Col.2. Now i guess we can look at the specific meat and drink offerings of the holy days (feast days), new moons, and sabbath days.

NUMBERS 28 [9] And ON THE SABBATH day two lambs of the first year without spot, and two tenth deals of flour for a MEAT OFFERING, mingled with oil, and the drink offering thereof: [10] This is the burnt offering of every sabbath, beside the continual burnt offering, and his DRINK OFFERING.

Theres the meat and drink offerings for the sabbath days that Col.2 [16] was speaking of.

EZEKIEL 46 [6] And in the day of the NEW MOON it shall be a young bullock without blemish, and six lambs, and a ram: they shall be without blemish. [7] And he shall prepare a MEAT OFFERING, an ephah for a bullock, and an ephah for a ram, and for the lambs according as his hand shall attain unto, and an hin of oil to an ephah.

The meat offering for the new moon that was spoken of in Col.2 [16].

LEVITICUS 23 [4] THESE ARE THE FEASTS OF THE LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. [5] In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is THE LORD'S PASSOVER. [6] And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the Lord: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread. [7] In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. [8] But ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord seven days: in the seventh day is an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. [9] And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, [10] Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest: [11] And he shall wave the sheaf before the Lord, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it. [12] And ye shall offer that day when ye wave the sheaf an he lamb without blemish of the first year for a burnt offering unto the Lord. [13] And the MEAT OFFERING thereof shall be two tenth deals of fine flour mingled with oil, an offering made by fire unto the Lord for a sweet savour: and the DRINK OFFERING thereof shall be of wine, the fourth part of an hin.

In all the feast days (holy days) meat and drink offerings were written into the laws of commandments contained in the ordinances. The above scripture points out the holy day of passover when Jesus was crucified. So why should we judge no man in meat or drink in respect to holy days, new moons and sabbath days? Because Jesus fulfilled these offerings that were written in the law of commandments contained in the ordinances. The meat and drink offerings are no more to be observed. In JOHN 6 you can see why this is so.

JOHN 6 [53] Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. [54] Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. [55] For MY FLESH IS MEAT INDEED, and MY BLOOD IS DRINK INDEED.

May all here enjoy todays sabbath. Jesus said it was made for man, not only the jews. Enjoy.

By excluding verses 13-15 in your "analysis" you are missing the point of the passage. At the cross the entirety of the Law was fulfilled and sins forgiven. Also, your attempt to limit the meaning of Sabbath in this passage is strictly arbitrary on your part. If you wish to worship on Saturday in your liberty as a Christian you have that freedom but it cannot be imposed on others as a matter of law.

Further there is nothing in the New Testament that refers to the Sabbath except that which indicates it is no longer applicable in the Old Testament sense.

sw

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Uhhhh...you just said what i said and Jesus said. The sabbath was made for man. Are you saying that "man" only consist of the Jews?

oops my bad, I just noticed you had Jews added to it as an explanation not as part of the words Jesus used! Sorry, need to work on my reading comprehension skills! :emot-hug:

Are you saying Jews aren't "man"? To say the Sabbath was made for man does not require an interpretation of all mankind eternally.

sw

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

What was God's point for citing the days of His works as "evenings and mornings and the concluding with thesetting apart of the latter dayof the sequence of "evenings and mornings" as the "seventh day?

How many of us truly accept that God, in His wisdom and power, expressed His power and wisdom ("and God said") in a specific sequencial period ("and it was so"), and the earth, and all that was then so expressed became a reality, as God's thought had so predetermined them to be? How many of us, as Christians would be apalled at the doctrine which denies the concept of the mystery of the virgin birth. Yet will refute His own words: Recall you that I am your Maker frfom the foundation of the world which I spoke into exisitence and then on the sixth day, formed you from the dust of that earth?

"In the beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God, and The Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was Created. In Him was Life; and the Life was the light of men" (and women). >>> And The Word was Made Flesh, (and dwelt among, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory as The Only Begotten Of The Father [The Messiah, Isa. 53:4-12; Dan. 9:22-27], full of grace And Truth."

Was not the Virgin birth of our Messiah beyond our human perception for compehension except as we should conform our minds to that logic which is presented us only through the logic of Holy Spirit found in the print of God's Book of His Testimonial with regard to His personal works?was not the power of the resurrected Messiah that was also the open show of His own power as The Creator and giver of Life?

Does ouur hope for resurrection "at the last day" Rest on the Christ of history or the Messiah/Creator? So what day was recoreded thoughout the Holy Scriptures as "the Lord's day?" What was God's own reasoning for reason giving a specific number of one out of seven "for man to observe?"

Of What virtue, or right is man's tradition if his (or her) doctrine is one in opposition to God's desire for our "Remembrance (Recall)?"

"Study to show yourselve approved unto"... Who's prerceptions?

What was God's point for citing the days of His works as "evenings and mornings and the concluding with thesetting apart of the latter dayof the sequence of "evenings and mornings" as the "seventh day?

How many of us truly accept that God, in His wisdom and power, expressed His power and wisdom ("and God said") in a specific sequencial period ("and it was so"), and the earth, and all that was then so expressed became a reality, as God's thought had so predetermined them to be? How many of us, as Christians would be apalled at the doctrine which denies the concept of the mystery of the virgin birth. Yet will refute His own words: Recall you that I am your Maker frfom the foundation of the world which I spoke into exisitence and then on the sixth day, formed you from the dust of that earth?

"In the beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God, and The Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was Created. In Him was Life; and the Life was the light of men" (and women). >>> And The Word was Made Flesh, (and dwelt among, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory as The Only Begotten Of The Father [The Messiah, Isa. 53:4-12; Dan. 9:22-27], full of grace And Truth."

Was not the Virgin birth of our Messiah beyond our human perception for compehension except as we should conform our minds to that logic which is presented us only through the logic of Holy Spirit found in the print of God's Book of His Testimonial with regard to His personal works?was not the power of the resurrected Messiah that was also the open show of His own power as The Creator and giver of Life?

Does ouur hope for resurrection "at the last day" Rest on the Christ of history or the Messiah/Creator? So what day was recoreded thoughout the Holy Scriptures as "the Lord's day?" What was God's own reasoning for reason giving a specific number of one out of seven "for man to observe?"

Of What virtue, or right is man's tradition if his (or her) doctrine is one in opposition to God's desire for our "Remembrance (Recall)?"

"Study to show yourselve approved unto"... Who's prerceptions?

Say what??

sw :emot-hug:

Guest DYChowmah

oops my bad, I just noticed you had Jews added to it as an explanation not as part of the words Jesus used! Sorry, need to work on my reading comprehension skills! :emot-hug:

No problem Scarletprayers. Sometimes i dont understand what im saying.