Observer of dreams

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  314
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

No work, no school, worship praise and prayer. That sounds like the sabbath day to me. Why is it that God commands no work on the seventh day, yet we wait till the 1st day to stop working?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

My view is that you may make the Sabbath any day you wish. Just observe it by giving it to the Lord.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

There are several threads on this subject. I believe there is nothing in the Bible from Genesis to Revelation that changes the fact that we are to keep the 7th day Sabbath as it is in the 10 Commandments.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

There are several threads on this subject. I believe there is nothing in the Bible from Genesis to Revelation that changes the fact that we are to keep the 7th day Sabbath as it is in the 10 Commandments.

Amen

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  314

What butero said makes sense. So we follow a 1st day sabbath simply out of tradition rather than it being Gods' will. My new question then is why the heck was there a vote in the first place?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,135
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Once you have confessed Jesus as your Lord and are truly a Christian, the rest of your life is a sabbath rest. We don't do the sabbath on a single day, but as a way of life...... every minute of every day.... not a day.

Jesus spiritualized all of the ten commandments from a stone law to a law of the heart. There is no more seventh day with Christ...... he is the rest that the sabbath pointed to.

Besides that, people were not allowed to leave their homes on the sabbath in the days of moses so they didn't go to church and there were no synagogues. No one that I know follows the sabbath laws, even the seventh day folks.

Sam

• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  335
  • Birthday:  06/05/1967

Sunday did not replace the 'Jews Sabbath'.

The Sabbath was given to the Israelites, under the Mosiac/Sinaitic covenant which was 'by the Law'.In OT anyone who wanted to be in a covenant relationship with God, had to become Jewish and come under the law.

Believers in Christ are under the Abrahamic covenant(promise) which is through the righteousness of faith.The just shall live by faith.We do not have to become Jews or come under the law/Mosaic/Sinaitic covenant in order to have a relationship with God.

Abraham was promised to be the father of 'many' nations, was given the promise, before the Law and before circumscision threw his "Promised Seed", which is Christ. When Jesus shed His blood, that was the blood of the New Covenant, the Holy Spirit our seal/surety, of salvation. We are sons and daughters by adoption.We are a people for His name. We are the true heirs of Abraham.If they which are under the law be heirs,faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect...

The Israelites as a nation are the blood descendants of Abraham. They are God's chosen people as a wittness to the world that He is faithful and keeps His word, and that the world may know that He alone is God, Jehovah (not allah,budda ect..). He has promises for them, and them alone. Just as He does for us who place our rest 'In Christ', not in our selves,lest any man should boast.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Great comments!

I side with some of you in here and believe that the 10 commandments are still binding, including the Sabbath.

Keeping the Sabbath or any of the other 9 commandments however doesn't save you.

We are saved by Grace through Faith and not of works.

So we have to understand that the Sabbath is still part of the 10 commandments, but in the same token salvation is not through works.

We do not to work to be saved, however we work because we are saved.

God bless!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

The Sabbath was a sign of God's Covenant with Israel, and was never given to the Gentiles.

Besides, in the U.S. we take Saturday, and Sunday off!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

I believe the Sabbath was made for man (mankind, Not just Jewis Men/women) and not man for the Sabbath.

But I also believe that where 2 or more or gathered, He is there also and it doesnt matter what day of the week.

Many people have to work on both Saturday and Sunday. I am a nurse, so I believe that doing good on either of those days trumps Sabbath or Sunday traditions.

In Israel, many have to work on the Sabbath such as Doctors, nurses, policemen, the IDF, ect..