IGNORED

Preaching the gospel to the nations

Guest man

Rapture, Catching away, whatever you want to call it, is implied although not stated. Jesus never said "Ford Car" either, but I am setting in one at the moment.

understand I am not going to say this in opposition to you personally but let me point something out that seems relevant.

The Messiah's role was clearly stated thousands of years before Yeshua was manifest in the flesh.

What was "implied" was how this would come about. The sages were busy trying to figure out how He would come from Bethlehem (Micah 5) and also the Galilee (Isaiah 9). How would the Messiah be a suffering servant that dies for the sin of the people and how would He prolongs His days (Is 53) when most prophecies of the Messiah speak of Him ruling from the Throne of David over the entire earth and the Law going forth from Zion?

These theological deductions were "implied" so the Pharisees, the most studied people in the Word (in fact the ONLY people who studied God's Word!) are the very ones who missed it because what was implied had to fit in a theological box they had made. We do the same thing with so many pet theological doctrines without realizing the difference between what is implied and what is actually stated.

I think it is a mistake. I believe that everything will happen exactly as God has told us but no one will have been "right".

That is completely consistent with what Yeshua said

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally don't believe the Gospel has been preached to every corner of the world.

Name a nation where there isn't a single christian.

If everyone has heard the Gospel, why the need for missionaries? There are people right here in the United States that have never heard the Gospel. Yeah they may have heard the name Christ thrown around but have no idea who or what He stands for.

Jesus didn't say that everyone would receive it. He just said it would be proclaimed. We must continue proclaiming it until the day the door of the Ark closes.

The 2 Witnesses are going to see to it that everyone hears the Word of God. They're going to accomplish in days what we've been trying to do for centuries.

I believe they will be as John the Baptist. He came proclaiming repentance from the coming Judgement.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

I agree Yod, as that Old Hymn says, "Farther along we'll know all about it"

I personally don't believe the Gospel has been preached to every corner of the world.

Name a nation where there isn't a single christian.

Like I said, there are people right here in this country who have no idea who God is. And I'd be willing to bet there are other countries around the world that are just like this one.

Just because a country has christians in it doesn't mean the entire population has heard the Word of God.

{{{ I think it is a mistake. I believe that everything will happen exactly as God has told us but no one will have been "right". }}}

Amen!

Jesus Is Right!

Don't Get Left!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  613
  • Birthday:  04/02/1959

Amen and Amen Yod for Your Godly wisdom and insight, you perfectly said what i was going to say, but i have a hard time putting into words the way you do :laugh: Praise God for the diffening gifts in the Body Of Christ....... :laugh:

Like I said, there are people right here in this country who have no idea who God is. And I'd be willing to bet there are other countries around the world that are just like this one.

Just because a country has christians in it doesn't mean the entire population has heard the Word of God.

I don't think He was saying that every single person in every corner of all the world will hear the gospel preached...but that it will be made available for those who seek the Truth.

I used to do a lot of street evangelism but in 1990 I took a missionary trip to Romania and frankly, have no patience for Americans anymore. The gospel has criss-crossed this nation since its inception. Most of the people I'm trying to reach on the streets have a dozen bibles available to them. The gospel HAS gone to every part of this nation.. Every person has it available to them if they so choose to avail themselves to it. If you have a TV or radio or can read there is no way to escape the gospel being preached except voluntarily. It is widely available and being preached openly

Yes, there are small pockets of places where it yet to be preached but it HAS gone to every nation...and He is made evident by the Creation as well.

There will be no excuse if He came tonight.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  613
  • Birthday:  04/02/1959

I don't think He was saying that every single person in every corner of all the world will hear the gospel preached...but that it will be made available for those who seek the Truth.

I used to do a lot of street evangelism but in 1990 I took a missionary trip to Romania and frankly, have no patience for Americans anymore. The gospel has criss-crossed this nation since its inception. Most of the people I'm trying to reach on the streets have a dozen bibles available to them. The gospel HAS gone to every part of this nation.. Every person has it available to them if they so choose to avail themselves to it. If you have a TV or radio or can read there is no way to escape the gospel being preached except voluntarily. It is widely available and being preached openly

Yes, there are small pockets of places where it yet to be preached but it HAS gone to every nation...and He is made evident by the Creation as well.

Amen and Amen!!!!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

...a donkey having a conversation is possible... :24:

...Not a stretch at all. Rapture, Catching away, whatever you want to call it, is implied although not stated. Jesus never said "Ford Car" either, but I am setting in one at the moment... :21:

I love these comments. :24:

I think there are two boxes, one large and one small

The large box is marked "I don't know"

The small box is marked "I know" but has a warning lable on it that says in small print "but I have been wrong before"

Good thread, God bless all here is my prayer. :emot-hug:

Like I said.....you are free to believe what you will.

Who am I to say otherwise.