Steve

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

I was wonderfully baptized by Jesus Christ into His one universal Body of believers the very moment I trusted Him as my Lord and Savior and I'm now "sealed by the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption," which has reference to the glorious return of our matchless & miracle-working God & Savior, Jesus, the Righteous One! The EVENT of Pentecost was an historical reality; the POWER of Pentecost is available today. It's never BACK to Bethlehem, BACK to the CRUCIFIXION, BACK to the UPPER ROOM as events, but always & ever ONWARD & UPWARD to the Living Christ!! Thank You, Lord Jesus, for Your saving and keeping touch!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

*puts her hands over her ears protectively* good post...but do you have to yell?

IF IT SEEMS LIKE I WAS YELLING -NO - I AM VERY NEARSITED, GETTING OLDER AND FIND IT MUCH EASIER TO USE CAPS WHEN SUBMITTING POSTS EXCEPT FOR ITEMS THAT MAY BE CUT AND PASTED. SO FORGIVE ME BUT ALTHOUGH I AM NOT YELLING I AM CRYING IN THE WILDERNESS. FORGIVE ME FOR AN UNINTENDED OFFENSE.

java script:add_smilie(":24:","smid_68")

20.gif

:th_praying::th_praying:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

our scriptural basis for that claim is...???

The qualifications for an apostle, as laid out in Acts 1.

Funny how you asked that from me, instead of Fred, who made the original statement. :24:

Steve

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

We need to go back to the drawing board and start over before the warrens and mclarens start more social clubs.

hehehe....touch

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

What verse or verses in particular? What translation?

Verse 21. And it doesn't matter the translation.

Therefore it is necessary to choose one of the men who have been with us the whole time the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, beginning from John's baptism to the time when Jesus was taken up from us.

I don't think there's anyone living today who meets this qualification.

Steve

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

What verse or verses in particular? What translation?

Verse 21. And it doesn't matter the translation.

Therefore it is necessary to choose one of the men who have been with us the whole time the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, beginning from John's baptism to the time when Jesus was taken up from us.

I don't think there's anyone living today who meets this qualification.

Steve

What? That is in reference to the first aposles! There is a spiritual gift of apostle that is in operation and has never ceased, albeit it is not a commonly seen one today. No spiritual gift has ever ceased, and there is no proof that any has done. All spiritual gifts are in operation today in order to build the Church.

1 Corinthians 12:27-31

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret? But eagerly desire the greater gifts.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

from floating axe,

What? That is in reference to the first aposles! There is a spiritual gift of apostle that is in operation and has never ceased, albeit it is not a commonly seen one today. No spiritual gift has ever ceased, and there is no proof that any has done. All spiritual gifts are in operation today in order to build the Church.

I for one don't doubt the gifts of the early church are still in operation, but as I have mentioned earlier I have seen no evidence of apostles building and overseeing pastors in the last twenty years and the only time I heard someone speaking in tongues and Having them interpreted, was when one lady spoke the same message in church every sunday and it was interpreted by the same lady from the other side of the meeting.

The church was built in the first century and since has been in the process of being divided into little splinter groups, because some pastors have put their own spin on the word of God to suit their own agenda. Sixty years ago, in my home town there were only mainstream churches. Either catholic or protestant and spiritual gifts were seldom or never mentioned.

You say there's no proof that spiritual gifts have ever ceased and you would be right, but I have never seen any proof that they haven't. And I and not a dispensationist, I am a fundie.

I know you won't agree, but then a lot of people wont.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

We need to go back to the drawing board and start over before the warrens and mclarens start more social clubs.

hehehe....touch

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

*puts her hands over her ears protectively* good post...but do you have to yell?

IF IT SEEMS LIKE I WAS YELLING -NO - I AM VERY NEARSITED, GETTING OLDER AND FIND IT MUCH EASIER TO USE CAPS WHEN SUBMITTING POSTS EXCEPT FOR ITEMS THAT MAY BE CUT AND PASTED. SO FORGIVE ME BUT ALTHOUGH I AM NOT YELLING I AM CRYING IN THE WILDERNESS. FORGIVE ME FOR AN UNINTENDED OFFENSE.

java script:add_smilie(":taped:","smid_68")

20.gif

I'm very sorry about your vision problems, but it IS considered rather rude to type in all caps when you're online. I'm not the only one who will take issue with it. Your computer has ways of helping those with limited vision. In Windows XP:

Go into your Start menu.

Click on Settings.

Click on Accessibility Options

Click on "Configure Windows to work for your vision, hearing, and mobility needs."

A window will come up. Click "Next"

Click on "Use Microsoft Magnifier, and large titles and menus."

Click "Next"

If you find Microsoft Magnifier annoying, you can turn it off now by deselecting the box beside it. You will probably want to hit "switch to a lower screen resolution," though, since this will increse the text size in the open windows (including here at Worthy)

Click "Next"

Now Microsoft will ask you a few things. You'll want to check the box beside the statement "I am blind or have difficulty seeing things on screen."

Click "Next"

The rest is pretty straightforward....Windows will explain it all for you.