• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

We need to be conitnually filled! Amen!

And filling does not imply that we have less of the Holy Spirit at times than others. We always have all of Him. Filling implies the amount of our lives that are yielded to Him. We can be said to be filled, when our lives are completely yielded to His influence.

Yes, many times it is recorded in scripture that the disciples were filled, filled and more filled. That is what we need to be. Always being filled! :laugh:

It is often said by the "healing preachers" that some who are not healed lack enough faith to be healed. Such talk is absolute nonsense of course. When the Spirit fills you with His life, He fills you with His life. The difference is only in the degree to which you are willing to allow the Lord to permeate your soul.

A christian does not fail to receive healing because of lack of faith. Every Christian has the measue of faith. Christians fail to receive healing because of abundance of doubt. Pure faith, without doubt, will give results. Hearing the word of God drives out doubt.

Christians fail to receive healing because God works in His own due time, according to His will. The problem is that Christians refuse to submit absolutely to Him; and attribute illness to the enemy.

God's will is that His people be in health and prosper, just as our soul prospers. Jesus was beaten to redeem us from sickness. God's will is healing, the problem is Christians doubt His will and His power. Sickness is of the Enemy. Sickness is not from God. Sickness can not be from God. Jesus went about doing good and healing all who were sick. Jesus said a kingdom divided against itsself can not stand. If God made people sick and Jesus heled them, the the kingdom of God would be divided and incapable of standing. The only other possibility would be Jesus lied or did not know what He was saying. I will lean toward sickness is from Satan. Notice, no sickness was in the Earth until Adam sinned and Satan got the rghts to unleash the curse on the Earth. Jesus taught us to pray "Thy will be done on Earth, as it is in Heaven." There is no sickness in Heaven, guess Gods will is health. I do not recall anywhere in the New Testament Jesus going around and making people sick to teach them something, maybe I just overlooked it.

The night before I was healed God woke me up with that exact scripture 3 john 2. I pressed in and stood on the fact that I was healed for months before it all came about. The next morning when I rose He asked me to give up something and I knew that once I finally gave it to Him that my healing would be completed. 4 hours later, with oil and hands laid on me, prayer was offered and my healing happened. That was 10 months ago. Three years after I accepted Christ and turned away from my sinful life. 2 1/2 years after being water baptized. I have been studying and praying alot and when I was fasting this last june I came across scripture about the baptism of the Holy Spirit and asked God, "Lord can I have that, I want all that you have for me." this was not in a church service, it was in my home in my alone with God time. I was immediately hit with a power that almost knocked me down. I sat on the floor and spoke in a foriegn tongue for about an hour. This is my testimony on this subject. :43:

God bless you as you serve Him! Praise God for His wonderful Holy Spirit--Ever so close! Ever so powerful! Ever such a loving Friend!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I see a lot of people talking about this "prayer language" that I can't find any reference to in the scriptures...are you referring to the way the Holy Spirit intercedes for us "with groans that words cannot express?"

I'm still really quite curious about this...anyone?

Here is a bit of an explanation for you...

Prayer Language is a

Prayer Language is a

Prayer Language is a

*laugh* okay. Thanks :laugh:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/26/1961

Prayer Language is a

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  10/12/1945

I suppose it is inevitable that any discussion about receiving the Holy Spirit will include the subject of speaking in tongues, although the two topics can be considered separately.

I occasionally speak in tongues when I feel the Spirit moving me.

I have known some who speak in tongues who still swear and curse with the same mouth.

The insistence by some Pentecostal denominations that speaking in tongues is the essential and infallible evidence of receiving the Holy Spirit, is based on experience and inference, and is not stated in Scripture.

There are quite strict rules in the Bible how tongues should operate in the church, and it is the disregard of these instructions that put a lot of non-pentecostal people off.

Receiving the Holy Spirit is a real experience, and someone who does receive the Spirit will know it, and will express it in some way: it may be speaking in tongues, it may be praising and glorifying God, it may be shouting and dancing, or in some other way. But it will be seemly and it will be orderly.

And the person's life will confirm the experience by expressing the fruit of the Spirit (Gal 5:22-23) and walking in the truth (John 16:13).

Edited by kenod

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/26/1961

I have the gift of tongues and I use it in prayer privately and not publicly. So many people who clame to have this gift abuse it in the public church for there 5 minutes of glory. It is a gift so one can do battle in the spiritual realm!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  10/12/1945

I have the gift of tongues and I use it in prayer privately and not publicly. So many people who clame to have this gift abuse it in the public church for there 5 minutes of glory. It is a gift so one can do battle in the spiritual realm!

I suppose everyone's experience might be slightly different as we each have a different temperament.

For myself, I speak in tongues only occasionally, in times of private prayer when I am experiencing great distress, or great joy.

Paul said: "I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all" and "forbid not to speak with tongues."

If any denomination teaches against speaking in tongues they are teaching contrary to what Paul said.

If any church has no one in their congregations who speak in tongues, one would have to wonder why.

However, everything must be done in Scriptural order.