• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  511
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/08/1975

God doesn't raise "spoiled" children. He's not the type to give out the nice "candy" we want until we finish our "veggies". Know what I'm sayin?

HAAAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

That is an amazing amount of wisdom coming from someone as young as you! not saying that 18 is young at all...but like you said...most people your age are too concerned about that "special someone."

I also wanted to say that I have never heard it explained quite so simply and easily before. It is what I was trying to say exactly!

Way to go!! :blink::blink:

~serving Christ in faith

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Faith1,

I've seen the site up at the top of the screen where that Gospel For Asia, etc. is advertised. I THINK the link is this-http://www.christiancafe.com, but I won't swear on it. Keep a watch on the link up at the top of your screen where that books and such are advertised. Of course, I suppose a fair amount of caution could be exercised when it comes to Internet dating. Anyone can come on those sites and proclaim themselves to be something they're not. But, you can get some real stinkers in real life too as I'm sure you know. I have a friend who thinks he's God's gift to women! He walks around with a horrible hair-do that looks like something that came out of the 1980's, wears cowboy style shirts and leaves them 1/2 way unbuttoned, and wears cowboy boots and acts like a bafoon! He's one of these types that he'll jump for the first thing he can find with no regard for intelligence, background, etc. He actually had a decent girl in his first marriage but she left him. He's remarried again, he will not work and has even managed to be declared "disabled" (I guess mental state qualifies him!) and lives with his in-laws! He would be just the type to get on one of those sites to meet women! If you EVER arrange to meet someone face to face and they step off of the plane and meet that description I just gave, get his picture and PM it to me and I'll let you know if it's Dale-if so, RUNNNNNNNNNN!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  891
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

rmj7,

I gotta tell ya I smiled all the way through reading your post and saying amen amen Lord there's some great wisdom...

No I'm not desparate and looking for anyone that might come my way lol..and I'm not about to haul any Joe Bloggs in off the street and yep 3 kids I'm 42...probably to you that's oooold lol

And yeah I get your drift on the veggie analogy hehehehehehe I loved it!

Hey thanks a bunch for the smiles and the great wisdom from someone so young :blink:

Many blessing to you

Faith1

Faith1,

I've seen the site up at the top of the screen where that Gospel For Asia, etc. is advertised. I THINK the link is this-http://www.christiancafe.com, but I won't swear on it. Keep a watch on the link up at the top of your screen where that books and such are advertised. Of course, I suppose a fair amount of caution could be exercised when it comes to Internet dating. Anyone can come on those sites and proclaim themselves to be something they're not. But, you can get some real stinkers in real life too as I'm sure you know. I have a friend who thinks he's God's gift to women! He walks around with a horrible hair-do that looks like something that came out of the 1980's, wears cowboy style shirts and leaves them 1/2 way unbuttoned, and wears cowboy boots and acts like a bafoon! He's one of these types that he'll jump for the first thing he can find with no regard for intelligence, background, etc. He actually had a decent girl in his first marriage but she left him. He's remarried again, he will not work and has even managed to be declared "disabled" (I guess mental state qualifies him!) and lives with his in-laws! He would be just the type to get on one of those sites to meet women! If you EVER arrange to meet someone face to face and they step off of the plane and meet that description I just gave, get his picture and PM it to me and I'll let you know if it's Dale-if so, RUNNNNNNNNNN!

RGR - thanks for the warning brother he sounds like a bit of a loser actually...sorry! :x: I'm very fussy life experience has taught me caution mabe overly so, but still!

Yes I have seen the Christian Cafe but have not joined that one and am pretty unsure about joining any now I may just go and suspend my profile. To tell you ther truth brother I'm kinda to tired to look anymore...I'm lazy and just want the Lord to drop him in my lap....cause I am very kinda dubious about this online dating stuff..just not sure!

But yeah if that ever happened I would sure bee clicking a camera and sending it real fast to you lol...

Blessings Brother

F1

Faith1,

I tell the story of my friend jokingly, but it wouldn't be above him to do something of that nature! Now of course the chances that you would meet him....

It's funny, though. We think that we have it all planned out who we want to marry and how that has to be God's will, etc. I was (I thought) madly in love with a nice young lady at a former church whom I had known for most of my life. She was a gorgeous lady without doubt and I say that without one wrong motive in mind. For some reason, I just never could find the nerve to ask her out. Of course, my friend would've loved a shot at her but she wouldn't give him the time of day if he tried!!! Now that I am able to see things with clear eyes, I don't see the perfect person I used to see. She is just a year younger than I am and every time I see her, she is hanging out with her parents and she is also very snobbish. I heard that she got married, but if she did, her husband must not get much time with her as it seems her parents get all of it! But I just expected for a lot of years this was who God was going to "drop in my lap!" Then all of a sudden my wife dropped in my lap!!!! I still respect the girl that I thought was going to be mine and I have no doubt that she is a Christian young lady, but you look back and you become thankful that some things happened the way they did-maybe it was for a reason that I never had the nerve to ask her out? I guess I said all of that to say this-maybe God is at work in your situation and your fear of the Internet sites are something God is prompting because He has someone else that you will meet elsewhere. Just a thought!

RGR - You know I have been thinking that very same thing myself. I saw this DDG (drop dead gorgeous) guy down my local super market one day while standing in line and anyway a few nice words and compliments were exchanged and he gave me his biz card (he's a detective with the Northland Drugs Squad) anyway I come home and after thinking about it threw the card in the rubbish because at that time (about 4 weeks ago) I felt that the Lord was not wanting me to go out and date anyone, so I tossed it in the rubbish...to be honest now I at times wish I had of kept it. But maybe the Lord did not want me too, who knows.

But I think you maybe right and things work out as they do cause so and so just is not the one..

F1

DDG (drop dead gorgeous)

Now don't hold back!!! Tell us just what you REALLY thought! Reminds me of Jethro on The Beverly Hillbillies telling Uncle Jed and Granny that some girl was beautiful. Granny told him that beauty was only skin deep to which he replied, "She must've had awful deep skin!" Sorry, I'm in a good mood today and couldn't resist being a pain in the neck. Just keep praying and you will find the right person. May take a while and your flesh will SCREAM, but if you date and/or marry out of God's will, you'll regret it! I jumped at a job opportunity once just assuming it to be God's will and I have had so many regrets over that. Plus, when you do find the right guy, you'll just appreciate him that much more.

DDG (drop dead gorgeous)

Now don't hold back!!! Tell us just what you REALLY thought! Reminds me of Jethro on The Beverly Hillbillies telling Uncle Jed and Granny that some girl was beautiful. Granny told him that beauty was only skin deep to which he replied, "She must've had awful deep skin!" Sorry, I'm in a good mood today and couldn't resist being a pain in the neck. Just keep praying and you will find the right person. May take a while and your flesh will SCREAM, but if you date and/or marry out of God's will, you'll regret it! I jumped at a job opportunity once just assuming it to be God's will and I have had so many regrets over that. Plus, when you do find the right guy, you'll just appreciate him that much more.

*faith1 giggling at RGR*

LOL RGR your not a pain in the neck and I'm happy your in a good mood!

What I really thought! (and this is the honest truth ----------> "Oh Lord please dont tempt me like this You really have put this guy together very well, he's soooo handsome a body to die for, so tall and muscular! LOL there you go RGR are glimpse into my secret thinking :wub:

I love what Jethro says to Granny & Uncle Jed hehehehehe!

Yes have to keep that flesh down for sure throwing biz cards of gorgeous men in the trash is just one way, but ohhhhhhh I had my moments of regret :P

Yes again dating or marrying outside the will of God and not in His time frame is certainly not something I am wanting to do, been there done that and it's misery with a capital M.

Blessings RGR and keep that good mood going brother :P

F1

Faith1 -- from what I read you're a very intellegent woman and beautiful inside and out. I have no doubt that you can weed out the boys from the men and the men from the pigs without a problem.

Yikes a piano from the sky River...well I hope it's gonna be a grand piano and He drops it near me and not on me lol :P

Ahhhhhhh, c'mon Faith. Let the piano go on and drop right on top of ya. Who knows, you might like the convinience of it all :P

That's how I hope it goes for me. Just go ahead and hit me when I least expect it like a ton of brick! :unsure:

.......hmmmm... Ton of bricks. Okay, that might be a lil much. He (God) might get the impression that I'm into "healthy" women. He he...

And no, 42 isn't old at all. Personally, I think that's probably one of the best times of your life. I think that is an age where you can kinda reflect back on all of the progress you've made so far in life.

The first best moments in life is obviously the time I'm in now. Ahhhh, yes. The college years. Gotta love em. But there are still so many questions we gotta deal with at this age still though because we are so young still. But I wouldn't trade these moments for the world.....as a matter of fact, IT'S TIME TO GO BACK! MY MOM IS REALLY GETTING ON MY NERVES!!!!

:wub::P