munari

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I floors me that people would object to witnessing to the Lord Jesus Christ in any manner possible.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest leejosepho

TJ:

Peace and Joy to you!

First, your argument is not with me, but with Scripture.  To wit: We are not to learn / practice the ways of the pagan / heathen, and "trick-or-treat" is an ages-old, evil practice.  I had asked before: Do you know the origin of "trick-or-treat"?  For if so, even the mere thought it would literally turn your stomach ... just as it still nauseates the One who created us.  The fact that "trick-or-treat" is now viewed by mere men as some kind of allegedly harmless "candy day" is irrelevant; it is nevertheless simply evil.

Harvester has, in my opinion, made an excellent point: If you have a passion for the children who will in ignorance soon come begging for candy at your door, go to them even now!

Blessings!

Lee

Guest leejosepho

...  Having just thought about it a bit:

It could be said today's trick-or-treat is seemingly-relatively "harmless" in comparison to the original (which is likely still practiced by somebody, somewhere) ... just as "safe sex" is considered by some to be likewise "harmless".  To wit:

The original trick-or-treat is about human sacrifice, but "safe sex" is perceived by many to be but "a little candy".

When I try to reach others with the truth of salvation in YahShua, I do not try to do that in anyone's bed.

Lee

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  344
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

First of all where did trick or treat oringanated and where did Halloween came from? Please Respond.

Guest leejosepho

BibleBoy:

Peace and Joy to you (as to all)!

I believe this post will answer at least part of your question, and I will go check out a link I happen to have ...

------------

Jipsah:

Greetings!

You have asked, rhetorically, "Handing out Christian literature or worshipping 'the Lord' don't qualify as the ways of the pagan or heathen, do they?"

No, but your question distractingly ignores the context of this discussion.

Guest leejosepho

BibleBoy:

This site is far from comprehensive, but it does make at least a couple of valid points:

http://hometown.aol.com/cknappiii/hallowee.htm

(And yep, with no "n".)

Attempting to make the profance holy, some religions call Halloween "all saints day", or something like that, but it is actually more like "lost souls night", meaning: a time when spirits of all types are "loosed" to wander to and fro ...

Costumes, then, are originally intended to scare away those undesirable spirits allegedly attempting to make some kind of contact with the living.

I usually try to avoid ever mentioning specific "ministries", but I believe "The Prophecy Club" has a Doc Marquis video on this topic -- "America's Occultic Holidays" -- that is quite an eye-opener.  And if you really want to dig in and take an even closer look, check out Al Neal's "New World Order Mind Control" and Bill Schnoebelen's "Exposing The Illuminatti From Within" (also possibly still available from Stan Johnson's "Prophecy Club").

Blessings!

Lee

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  344
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Ok Thanks LeeJosepho. To everybody else:I sincerly hope y'all check out this article that leejosepho show me and see where halloween really came from and really don't let your kids take part in this Satan worshipping holiday! God Bless Y'all and Your Brother in Christ,BibleBoy.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Changed Lives

In the months following Halloween, we received 236 letters from children whose lives have been impacted for Christ due to Halloween tracts that you faithfully handed out at your doors. Here is just one:

Dear Good News Publishers,

I'm 14 years old. Yes, I have asked God into my life, and now I am very happy! I was very surprised and happy when I got your Halloween Word Game out of my trick-or-treat bag. I asked the Lord into my heart.... The other night I prayed to God before opening my Bible and asked Him to help me understand His word. And I did! I was so happy and thankful!

Love, Alisha

http://www.gnpcb.org/page/stgn0102/

I thought we were supposed to witness to the pagans. What better place to find them than at one of their rituals. Don't worry, the boogey man won't get you. :exclaimation: