sport123

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Should we continue to pray for the same thing over and over again, or pray once about it. I hear so many different things on this. Like if you pray more than once about something, you lack faith and you want receive. And if any doubt comes in your heart or thought you loose your answer. And I hear you should continue to pray about something until it happens or it's take off your heart. I have some really urgent issues going on in my life, from need of healing and financial. And I'm at the point only God can help me. I'm trying to figure what I'm doing wrong. Am I lacking faith, how can I over come the idea does God really want to heal me, how do I really believe when situations and conditions discourage me so much, am I going through this to change other peoples hearts, is my heart so full of wrong, etc. I've poured out my heart to God so much over the past year and now. Am I being punished for pass sin, was I called to be in ministry and God is punishing me for not doing that, am I so full of doubt that evil is having their way with me. Is it wrong to want to be healthy, am I complaining because many people have it so much worse. Is it because I don't have the best attitude about going through what I'm going through and not full of faith and joy that's why I'm still going through it. It's hard not to get discouraged. You know when you get your hopes up so much and believe for healing, etc. and sometimes more happens, it affects your faith. And you wonder, why God, am I that bad of a person. Its heart breaking to see so many other people suffer to and you can' t help them either. There are so many things I don't understand in life and it's frustrating when you can't figure out how to correct something.

I've prayed for more faith. I've prayed for more of the Holy Spirit in my life. I asked everyday for forgiveness of sin. I feel so alone sometimes.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/06/1951

Sport123......Answer to your many "self-questionings"....'You are being human!'........ Don't let anyone cause you to doubt your faith, or more than that...doubt the LORD. If you know his Word You know He is "faithful and true", He "cannot lie", He is "no respecter of persons" . As to how often we are to ask...I would say "ask until"...whether that be until you feel you have been heard, or you know it has been answered or whatever.

I have been there my fellow follower!.. and am praying for you. :whistling:

Guest lovinghim4ever
Should we continue to pray for the same thing over and over again, or pray once about it. I hear so many different things on this. Like if you pray more than once about something, you lack faith and you want receive. And if any doubt comes in your heart or thought you loose your answer. And I hear you should continue to pray about something until it happens or it's take off your heart. I have some really urgent issues going on in my life, from need of healing and financial. And I'm at the point only God can help me. I'm trying to figure what I'm doing wrong. Am I lacking faith, how can I over come the idea does God really want to heal me, how do I really believe when situations and conditions discourage me so much, am I going through this to change other peoples hearts, is my heart so full of wrong, etc. I've poured out my heart to God so much over the past year and now. Am I being punished for pass sin, was I called to be in ministry and God is punishing me for not doing that, am I so full of doubt that evil is having their way with me. Is it wrong to want to be healthy, am I complaining because many people have it so much worse. Is it because I don't have the best attitude about going through what I'm going through and not full of faith and joy that's why I'm still going through it. It's hard not to get discouraged. You know when you get your hopes up so much and believe for healing, etc. and sometimes more happens, it affects your faith. And you wonder, why God, am I that bad of a person. Its heart breaking to see so many other people suffer to and you can' t help them either. There are so many things I don't understand in life and it's frustrating when you can't figure out how to correct something.

I've prayed for more faith. I've prayed for more of the Holy Spirit in my life. I asked everyday for forgiveness of sin. I feel so alone sometimes.

I believe God wants us to ask and keep on asking. Seek and keep on seeking. Knock and keep on knocking.

I don't believe it is a lack of faith to keep asking. I believe it is a determination of heart to receive a peaceful answer.

God doesn't always answer our prayers the way WE want Him too, however we must trust that He will always answer our prayers the way He knows is best. In the mean time we must TRUST HIM whether we understand or not. That's where our faith really comes in.

I know what you mean about feeling alone! Been there done that, but rest assured - YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

You have God, and you have me praying for you. :whistling:

:wub::24::24:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/26/1950

There's so much to learn about prayer!!! Sometimes I send up prayers and ask God to only keep the ones that are right.

I remember when my children were small and they gave me bouquets of flowers and weeds. I cherished both the weeds and the flowers because they all came from my little ones. God loves us. As long as our goals are love, truth, justice, and mercy God will make good use of our prayers.

Guest lovinghim4ever
There's so much to learn about prayer!!! Sometimes I send up prayers and ask God to only keep the ones that are right.

I remember when my children were small and they gave me bouquets of flowers and weeds. I cherished both the weeds and the flowers because they all came from my little ones. God loves us. As long as our goals are love, truth, justice, and mercy God will make good use of our prayers.

:):laugh:

Guest lovinghim4ever

:taped::):laugh::blink::wub: