IGNORED

friend or foe?

Guest lambchop

Guest lambchop

I am new to the boards and I am looking for Christian guidance.

I have an acquaintance who is in the same work field and is not a believer. We have gotten together only because of our field to study.

I am afraid for this persons soul for several reasons.

During our meetings I have brought up that I am a Christian and also gave this person a small book about God's Love for Us through the gift of His Son Jesus. The book was returned unread and I was told there wasn't enough time to read it.

At the same time, I have been treated in a condesending, manipulative way and don't want to have this relationship any longer.

Am I obligated to stay in this relationship to help this person to know the Lord as Personal Savior? I don't have peace either way, and want to do the right thing.

Thanks for your input.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  891
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

lambchop,

Welcome to Worthy Boards! We are all a little nutty here at times but there are a great bunch of people here so I hope your times is a blessed one :blink:

The only obligation you have is to Christ. We are told to give the unbeliever the truth of what Christ has done for them, pray for them then leave the rest with God the Holy Spirit. The work of conviction is His.

No one can really tell you if you ought to stay in this friendship or not, that is for you and God to sort out in your personal prayer time with Him.

The unsaved can react in varing ways when given the truth about Christ I have found that those who are all nice and sweet can be the hardest to win for His kingdom as opposed to those who seem to be down right mean and nasty..sometimes these ones will come to Christ far quicker.

My advice to you is to keep bringing this person before the throne of grace and keep showing love inspite of the meaness, hard to do I know.

Wait on the Lord....and He will surely guide you, in the meantime just pray and praise God everytime you see this person and leave it to the HS...

Just my thoughts others here will also give you much better advice I'm sure...

Blessings

F1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Well, F1, I'm not sure if I can give BETTER advice, but I thought I'd chime in. There are some people who are not going to have anything accomplished by taking an approach of beating them in the head with the Bible. In some cases, your life is the best thing they'll ever see. Sometimes non-Christians try to do everything they can to make a Christian fail so as to see if their life is genuine. I have a friend at work who has remarked a few times that she doesn't believe that I've changed and then brings up things I've done in the past to see, I feel possibly, what my reaction will be. So this person may be simply seeing how far they can push you. In that case, your life could be the testimony that brings them to Christ.

Hi! :P Welcome to the boards. Faith is right on the fact that we can get a lil crazy at times.

It's true. SHe's tha craziest one of us all! She just got done threatening to cyber slap me and (WHAP!) :P:P

Ow!....I think she just slapped me.... :rofl::t2::P:P groan.....

Yeah, me and dis other guy (RGR) always get on her bad side, and I think she has finally released her fury on poor lil me. If I was a year younger, Faith, I could charge you for juvenile abuse!.....or sumthin like dat :P

OKay okay. Gettin onto the subject. Like Faith said, our only true obligation is that of building the Kingdom of God.

Nethertheless, you need to make sure you are careful around this person and he does not rub off on you as well.There are actually some scriptures that warn us about associating with scriptures, and it is because of a plausible factor. When we are around people for frequent amounts of time and associate with them, we can possibally start carrying similar "qualities" about him/her.

I can use myself as an example. In high school, I had this really good friend who was an atheist. I tried to share the gospel with him from 10th grade all the way up to graduation year! I never was able to win him over. However, I noticed that I eventually started acting like him instead.

Point taken, hopefully, if you do continue to befriend this person, I hope that you will continue in being the leading example for him. Even if you cease in sharing the gospel in him, he may still come to Christ by the mere level you carry yourself. :t2::rofl:

Yep, if you were just a couple of years older and she was just a bit younger and could rid of that bad dandruff problem, y'all could maybe get it goin' on! Ya know, I honestly thought she was not the age she claimed to be? Of course, it's quite common to lie about your age, so I figued that 42 could be, uh, uh, uh, uh, well, uh like, uh, 22? (Gotta be nice or I'll get cyber-squeezed to death!)

Yep, if you were just a couple of years older and she was just a bit younger and could rid of that bad dandruff problem, y'all could maybe get it goin' on!

:t2::t2::o:o:o huh!? M-me?And h-her? Dat's like me dating.....my sister in law

Hi! Welcome to the boards. Faith is right on the fact that we can get a lil crazy at times.

It's true. SHe's tha craziest one of us all! She just got done threatening to cyber slap me and (WHAP!)  :P 

Ow!....I think she just slapped me.... :t2:  :t2:  :.....

Yeah, me and dis other guy (RGR) always get on her bad side, and I think she has finally released her fury on poor lil me. If I was a year younger, Faith, I could charge you for juvenile abuse!.....or sumthin like dat :o

OKay okay. Gettin onto the subject. Like Faith said, our only true obligation is that of building the Kingdom of God.

Nethertheless, you need to make sure you are careful around this person and he does not rub off on you as well.There are actually some scriptures that warn us about associating with scriptures, and it is because of a plausible factor. When we are around people for frequent amounts of time and associate with them, we can possibally start carrying similar "qualities" about him/her.

I can use myself as an example. In high school, I had this really good friend who was an atheist. I tried to share the gospel with him from 10th grade all the way up to graduation year! I never was able to win him over. However, I noticed that I eventually started acting like him instead.

Point taken, hopefully, if you do continue to befriend this person, I hope that you will continue in being the leading example for him. Even if you cease in sharing the gospel in him, he may still come to Christ by the mere level you carry yourself. :P  :P

rmj7 - Fury! you aint seen nothing yet my little bro! wait till the Irish in me takes over lol :P now that's fury.... :P:o:D

Juvenile abuse! Oh pleeeeease..shall I start playing the violin now or wot!lol :P :P

'whack'!!!!...! did you feel that????? :P

rmj7 & RGR the resident WB nuts -------> :o :

Okay RGR, come here it's your turn...'whack'!!!!! I gave you a gentle slap cause you said 22 but my dandruff is my own I claim I own it the WOF people told me so lollololol yeah yeah!!!!

BTW good advice guys after all that...lol

((((((((((((((RGR/rmj7))))))))))) there take that! the both of you....

F1 :o :il:

Yep, if you were just a couple of years older and she was just a bit younger and could rid of that bad dandruff problem, y'all could maybe get it goin' on!

:o:t2::P:P:t2: huh!? M-me?And h-her? Dat's like me dating.....my sister in law

You guys crack me up!

:tongue:

:o

:P

Hi! Welcome to the boards. Faith is right on the fact that we can get a lil crazy at times.

It's true. SHe's tha craziest one of us all! She just got done threatening to cyber slap me and (WHAP!)

RGR - LOL April will be fine she is a woman, she must know by now how cheeky you are... :t2: as for St John :t2: I better run and hide...lol