IGNORED

friend or foe?

Guest lambchop

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lambchop

My thanks to each of you. Sat. night our Pastor talked about making good decisions saying you should feel "guided" and not "driven" if it is of the Lord.

I still feel stress thinking about spending time with this person and also stress thinking about severing the relationship. The former is more stressful however.

At this time, we haven't had contact for about a week. I believe it is because I wrote an email saying how several comments had made me feel. I feel I did this very tactfully. The response was more or less, sorry you took it the wrong way.

For now, I've asked God to have this person be the one to initiate contact if we are to spend time together. In the meantime, I pray for them. I hope this is the right thing to do.

In Him,

Lambchop

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  891
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

lambchop - Prayer is always the right thing to do and all will be well and our Father will work Amen!

Gary - I have nothing to say to you bro but this ------> :rolleyes::blink: :blink: :blink:

Ughhhhhhhh. Scuse me to collect my thoughts. That whack to the head from the violin was a killer....owwy....

Well. I think you mad a right descision on how to handle your situation. I take it any choise you made would had been the right one. If he doesn't wish to communicate with you anymore "brush off the dust from your shoes and go on to the next village."

However, I somewhat wonder about what your pastor said. Yes, God will always always always guide us and never drive us to do anything. But I know that sometimes as human beings we can feel alot of tension when God is giving us advise in something and we don't wanna do it, ya know?

For example, there was this big oppertunity I felt God might had been "guiding me to", but I wanted something else. I felt really "pulled" and everything because I was forcing my own desires with the advice God was giving me.

It's like the story of Jonah. God may guide you to some places, but if you don't feel like doing it, you're gonna get "swallowed up".

So, I personally don't see the analogy that everything God will want us to do will be a smooth guide when we ourselves don't feel like doing it. And at the same top, sometimes the things we feel like as being the right thing to do is not the right thing at all.

Can somebody clear dis up?

Guest lambchop

Thanks RMJ7

First, I must say that I could never do justice to my pastor's words by memory. I would have to quote from a recording 100% of his message to convey the meaning. Often, I think each person hears the meaning differently too.

I took the "driven" feeling being bad as meaning...rushed.

I am still torn, but since I do not feel peace either way I think waiting on the Lord is in order.

I do have concerns that my own thinking and emotions are influencing me and that I am not hearing God clearly, by my own fault...

If I had to decide all by myself, I would prefer to end the relationship...

I had thought of making contact, but putting limitations, no longer in my home and only for my witnessing opportunities. But, since this person wants my help in studying (materials are at my home and too much to move), would I be seen as selfish and therefore be a bad witness?

I truly appreciate the insights of WB members.

Lambchop

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

You're welcome for the advice-just simply trying to help another Christian on their way to the Pearly Gates!

Gary, where do I send my fees to become an official WB nutcase? Obviously F1 has already sent in her dues cuz if she's not official nutz, I'd hate to see her after she became official nuts. I've also learned to beat Miss Guessa/F1 to the punch. She will hit me with a pie for that statement making me wish to retaliate, but I'm going to pie her first and then send her :blink: after that!

smush.jpg

talitubby.jpg

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  891
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

OK Mr RGR/Ron/Ronald your in for it now bubba...

gunnar.gif

Oh rats..I'll be back...exit.gif

Okay now I gotch ya

piehit.gif

Take that...you scoundrel you :blink::wub::rofl::rofl: ahhhhhhh I feel better now....

hehehehehehehe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Hey blueberry! That was really good!!! Next time, though, send some ice cream with it!

I do have concerns that my own thinking and emotions are influencing me and that I am not hearing God clearly, by my own fault...

If I had to decide all by myself, I would prefer to end the relationship...

I had thought of making contact, but putting limitations, no longer in my home and only for my witnessing opportunities. But, since this person wants my help in studying (materials are at my home and too much to move), would I be seen as selfish and therefore be a bad witness?

I truly appreciate the insights of WB members.

Lambchop

okay. Back to the situation.

Yes, your own personal feelings being intertwinded with what God may "guide" us into doing is the WORST thing thing! Ugh! I hate it when that happens!

It's like you really want sumthin, but you don't know if God wants the same thing, right?

No longer in your home.....ummmm, was this person a lil more than "just" a friend, or did you just trust him enough to have him in your home...

Oh, and he wants help in studying? Is thiis Biblical studying you are talking about? If so,....... Hmmmmm, if someone actually asks someone for help in understanding something spiritual, I personally think that we are almost required to give some insight to that person.

I mean, it is a really special thing when someone actually comes to you and continues to ask questions. If he weren't interested, he would try to throw off the subject. However, this guy actually wants help!....if I read you message the right way.

As much as you may not want it, I think you should continue to minister to the person if he is showing an ounce of interest in it.