• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  393
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/05/1959

This is a great post. Fellowship helps feed my hunger for God. I learn many new things from fellowshiping with others. One of my favorite scriptures is:

Hebrews 10:24-25

And let us consider how we can inspire one another on towards love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another-and all the more as you see the DAY approaching.

The feeling of the Holy Spirit moving in a group that is in fellowship is an awesome spine tingling feeling. I long to feel it more often and I am blessed to have found a church that understands true fellowship.

Thank you for posting this Ovedya. Be blessed brother.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

What is Fellowship?

By Ovedya

Verses:

"God is faithful, through whom you were called into the felloship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord" (1 Cor. 1:9)

"That which we have seen and heard we report also to you that you also may have fellowship with us, and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ." (1 John 1:3)

"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from every sin." (1 John 1:7)

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." (1 Cor. 13:14)

"And they continued steadfastly in the teaching and the fellowship of the apostles, in the breaking of bread and the prayers." (Acts 2:42)

"The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the fellowship of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the fellowship of the body of Christ?" (1 Cor. 1:10)

~~~~~~~~~~

Fellowship is basically two things: First it is the receiving of fellowship from the throne of Grace, through the Son (1 Cor. 1:9). It is the fellowship of the Father and the Son, by the Spirit, to the believer. Second, fellowship is the mutual fellowship of the Body of Christ, between the members of the Body, in that same flowing of fellowship from the throne of Grace (1 John 1:3; 7; 2 Cor. 13:14; cf Acts 2:42; cf. 1 Cor. 10:16). So the flowing out of fellowship goes out from the throne of Grace, into the believers, and from the believers out to one another.

The word in the Greek means "joint participation, common participation." It is actually the issuing of the eternal life from the throne of Grace and it is the flow of eternal life within all the believers. It can be illustrated by the flowing out of the river of water of life from the throne in the New Jerusalem (Rev. 22:1). All regenerated believers participate in the flow of fellowship from the throne of Grace. This flow is carried out by the Holy Spirit in our regenerated spirit. Therefore, it is called "The fellowship of the Holy Spirit" (2 Cor. 13:14), and the fellowship of our spirit (Phil. 2:1). It is in this flow of fellowship that we, the believers participate in all that the Father, Son, and Spirit are and have done for us.

Fellowship is not simply a discussion among Christians. It is not simply a "meeting of minds" or a debate over topics. One need not be a Christian at all to discuss topics or debate over issues. Anyone can do that. To have genuine fellowship with the Body of Christ a believer must first be in the fellowship of the Triune God. He must first "walk in the light" of fellowship (1 John 1:7). Without the light of fellowship of the Triune God, it is impossible to have fellowship with the members of the Body of Christ. Cutting off the fellowship from the throne also cuts off the fellowship from the Body; just as cutting off the circulation to your hand deprives your fingers of the precious blood, so does the believer who cuts off the flow of fellowship from the throne of Grace.

To have an attitude of fellowship one must first be open to the light of fellowship from the throne. Second, he must also be open to the fellowship of the members of the Body of Christ. Again, this is like the flow of blood in your body. All the members of your physical body must receive the flow of blood as well as send the flow of blood to the other members. In the Body of Christ this requires sacrifice. It requires the cutting of of self and the flesh. It requires that every member be open to the fellowship, regardless if that fellowship is a faithful word for building up, or it is a corrective word that sometimes wounds our pride.

(More to come as the Lord inspires me.)

Ovedya

The Lord has inspired me -

One cannot "fellowship" in secret. It must be a sharing, a participation with others. In the case of prayer, in which we are told to go into our closet, it is a sharing of the bareing of the soul in prayer to God. In the case of sharing fellowship with the saints, it cannot be done without sharing the burdens of those who are in need. The same word translated "fellowship" in your excellent post, is also translated in other passages of scripture as "contribution, communication, communion, communicate, and distribution, all of which constitute a "fellowship" (koinonia = Strong's 2842) in one way or another.

Rom 15:26 For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain CONTRIBUTION for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.

1 Cor 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the COMMUNION of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the COMMUNION of the body of Christ?

2 Cor 9:13 Whiles by the experiment of this ministration they glorify God for your professed subjection unto the gospel of Christ, and for [your] liberal DISTRIBUTION unto them, and unto all [men];

2 Cor 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the COMMUNION of the Holy Ghost, [be] with you all. Amen.

Phlm 1:6 That the COMMUNICATION of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Heb 13:16 But to do good and to COMMUNICATE forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

Yours is an Excellent post, inspired indeed.

• Content Count:  3
  • Days Won:  0

Over comer in order for that. To happen. You need others to drive the forces of darkness back and how does that happen? Get in pursuit of His church. Look on the cares of others as more important then your own this is where your healing deliverance name and vocation are. You'll be so busy loven others you won't have time for the big you plus you 'll even be more taloriable to be around yeah.

The Study Group forum is a place for those on ministry staff to post a Bible study. As with all other threads on the Board, the threads eventually stop getting responses.

You can read through what was posted.

Otherwise, Start a New Topic in the "Welcome" forum to introduce yourself. You may respond to other posts on the board. After you post 10 times you may start another topic/thread in any of the other forums (except Controversial Issues).

You may start a new thread asking what people consider about fellowship if you would like.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

i want to have fellowship with Christians, its just that I've been hurt by pastors and leaders at church and I've seen the backroom meetings and "deals" that go on behind closed doors so i guess I've sorta became disillusioned with church. i know no one is perfect but its not an excuse either.

Edited by j102

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/24/1993

This is a great post. Fellowship helps feed my hunger for God. I learn many new things from fellowshiping with others. One of my favorite scriptures is:

Hebrews 10:24-25

And let us consider how we can inspire one another on towards love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another-and all the more as you see the DAY approaching.

The feeling of the Holy Spirit moving in a group that is in fellowship is an awesome spine tingling feeling. I long to feel it more often and I am blessed to have found a church that understands true fellowship.

Thank you for posting this Ovedya. Be blessed brother.

i love that verse sooo much :wub: definitly one of the best :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  9

i want to have fellowship with Christians, its just that I've been hurt by pastors and leaders at church and I've seen the backroom meetings and "deals" that go on behind closed doors so i guess I've sorta became disillusioned with church. i know no one is perfect but its not an excuse either.

j102 I hear you! Such treatment can really wreak havoc with one's faith... but you are throwing the proverbial baby out with the bathwater if you allow yourself to become disillusioned by your experience like so many others have.

In Matthew Chapter 13 starting at verse 24, Jesus told the parable about the wheat and the tares. Tares look just like wheat until they reach maturity and bear their fruit. That is why, in the parable, the householder told his servants to allow the tares to grow alongside the wheat till harvest time. To try and root them out of the field early on was to risk pulling up some of the good wheat along with the tares. This parable teaches us that we really shouldn't be surprised to discover people in our churches behaving unseemly towards us... their outward appearance, popularity or position in the church notwithstanding.

In Matthew 10:16 Jesus advised His disciples to be "wise as serpents and innocent as doves". The same holds true for believers today. If we do not regularly study God's Holy Word ourselves (see 2 Timothy 2:15) and weigh EVERYTHING we see and hear against the scriptures (see 1 John 4:1) we open ourselves up to deception. More and more we see people looking to teachers and church communities for their instruction and comfort to exclusion of the Word of God. For some this is a matter of avoidance, denial or "itching ears" syndrome (see 2 Timothy 4:3). Not wanting to face the reality of their sinful ways and repent (turn from) them, they look for and to preachers and teachers who will tell them what they want to hear. That way they don't have to deal with their sin. For others, it is a matter of laziness. They want everything spoon-fed to them rather than taking the time to read God's Word, meditate on it and pray for wisdom and guidance from the Holy Spirit. Consequently they are "tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming" (Ephesians 4:14).

I adjure you not to listen to the words of the deceiver. He wants believers to think that Christian fellowship can't be found and that no one in the church can be trusted anymore. Nothing could be further from the truth!. While it is true that the gate is small, the way to life is narrow and few find it (see Matthew 7:14), in 1 John 1:7 we are told; "If we walk in the light as He is in the light we have fellowship with one another...". Reading and applying God's Word, prayer and supplication to the Holy Spirit is the way we discover how to walk in the light. In doing so, we learn where to place our trust and experience true Christian fellowship!

Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them. ~ Acts 20:30

Edited by Di66eR

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  393
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  04/05/1959

What is Fellowship?

By Ovedya

Verses:

"God is faithful, through whom you were called into the felloship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord" (1 Cor. 1:9)

"That which we have seen and heard we report also to you that you also may have fellowship with us, and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ." (1 John 1:3)

"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from every sin." (1 John 1:7)

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." (1 Cor. 13:14)

"And they continued steadfastly in the teaching and the fellowship of the apostles, in the breaking of bread and the prayers." (Acts 2:42)

"The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the fellowship of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the fellowship of the body of Christ?" (1 Cor. 1:10)

~~~~~~~~~~

Fellowship is basically two things: First it is the receiving of fellowship from the throne of Grace, through the Son (1 Cor. 1:9). It is the fellowship of the Father and the Son, by the Spirit, to the believer. Second, fellowship is the mutual fellowship of the Body of Christ, between the members of the Body, in that same flowing of fellowship from the throne of Grace (1 John 1:3; 7; 2 Cor. 13:14; cf Acts 2:42; cf. 1 Cor. 10:16). So the flowing out of fellowship goes out from the throne of Grace, into the believers, and from the believers out to one another.

The word in the Greek means "joint participation, common participation." It is actually the issuing of the eternal life from the throne of Grace and it is the flow of eternal life within all the believers. It can be illustrated by the flowing out of the river of water of life from the throne in the New Jerusalem (Rev. 22:1). All regenerated believers participate in the flow of fellowship from the throne of Grace. This flow is carried out by the Holy Spirit in our regenerated spirit. Therefore, it is called "The fellowship of the Holy Spirit" (2 Cor. 13:14), and the fellowship of our spirit (Phil. 2:1). It is in this flow of fellowship that we, the believers participate in all that the Father, Son, and Spirit are and have done for us.

Fellowship is not simply a discussion among Christians. It is not simply a "meeting of minds" or a debate over topics. One need not be a Christian at all to discuss topics or debate over issues. Anyone can do that. To have genuine fellowship with the Body of Christ a believer must first be in the fellowship of the Triune God. He must first "walk in the light" of fellowship (1 John 1:7). Without the light of fellowship of the Triune God, it is impossible to have fellowship with the members of the Body of Christ. Cutting off the fellowship from the throne also cuts off the fellowship from the Body; just as cutting off the circulation to your hand deprives your fingers of the precious blood, so does the believer who cuts off the flow of fellowship from the throne of Grace.

To have an attitude of fellowship one must first be open to the light of fellowship from the throne. Second, he must also be open to the fellowship of the members of the Body of Christ. Again, this is like the flow of blood in your body. All the members of your physical body must receive the flow of blood as well as send the flow of blood to the other members. In the Body of Christ this requires sacrifice. It requires the cutting of of self and the flesh. It requires that every member be open to the fellowship, regardless if that fellowship is a faithful word for building up, or it is a corrective word that sometimes wounds our pride.

(More to come as the Lord inspires me.)

Ovedya

Fellowship in the flesh is run by the sin of pride. The Jewish Pharisees grouped together in fellowship because they shared the same fears together and this is caused by the sin of pride. They reject anyone who causes them extra fear like Jesus did when he preached the gospel of truth to them. This truth exposed their lies and this made them fear tremendously. All who belonged in their group worked together to get Jesus eliminated, which is the same thing that we see in groups of the flesh nowadays.

The fellowship that the prophets, Jesus and the saints had was their created existence in God and the knowledge they had. We didn't have to be with each other in the flesh to know that we fellowship together in the spirit of God. Most of the prophets and saints were all alone as they spoke for God and rarely saw each other if at all. There were saints for three hundred years after Jesus was killed so it's impossible that they were able to form groups in the flesh and fear together with the sin of pride. They were all sinless so they didn't have any pride or jealousy that the Pharisees had.

If you people think you're having fellowship with God, then you won't be doing anything together in the flesh. Those of us who are in the spirit are no longer attached to the flesh of man in this world. We don't belong to the churches of the flesh and get involved with group pride. God removes us from family and friends to go preach the gospel until we're killed. If you don't believe that, read Revelation 6:9-11 and see that all the saints are killed by the world who hates us. This hate comes from the sin of pride and the same pride that got Jesus killed.

I repeat God is watching you and not liking what you are saying.... He sorrows for your lostness...

Fellowship in the flesh is run by the sin of pride. The Jewish Pharisees grouped together in fellowship because they shared the same fears together and this is caused by the sin of pride. They reject anyone who causes them extra fear like Jesus did when he preached the gospel of truth to them. This truth exposed their lies and this made them fear tremendously. All who belonged in their group worked together to get Jesus eliminated, which is the same thing that we see in groups of the flesh nowadays.

Sin

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death. Proverbs 8:36

Kills

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Jesus Saves

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; John 5:25-26

See?

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18

_________

______

___

The fellowship that the prophets, Jesus and the saints had was their created existence in God and the knowledge they had. We didn't have to be with each other in the flesh to know that we fellowship together in the spirit of God. Most of the prophets and saints were all alone as they spoke for God and rarely saw each other if at all. There were saints for three hundred years after Jesus was killed so it's impossible that they were able to form groups in the flesh and fear together with the sin of pride. They were all sinless so they didn't have any pride or jealousy that the Pharisees had.

Fellowship

Praise ye the LORD. Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints. Psalms 149:1

Is A Family Affair

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. John 3:7

Of Those To Trust In Jesus

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. Job 19:25-27

Those Who Know No One Could Kill The LORD My God

Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father. John 10:17-18

You See

_________

______

___

If you people think you're having fellowship with God, then you won't be doing anything together in the flesh. Those of us who are in the spirit are no longer attached to the flesh of man in this world. We don't belong to the churches of the flesh and get involved with group pride. God removes us from family and friends to go preach the gospel until we're killed. If you don't believe that, read Revelation 6:9-11 and see that all the saints are killed by the world who hates us. This hate comes from the sin of pride and the same pride that got Jesus killed.

It Was Love That Killed The LORD

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

And It Is Love That Calls Out

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 18:1

And All Will Rise Again

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:28-29

Saints And Sinners

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:16-18

Believe It

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. John 3:19-21

Or Not

Love, Joe

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/24/1993

In through our Spirit can we have true fellowship and praise of our Lord. Logic and emotion have no meaning when it comes to true love of the Spirit for the Glory of God.