• Content Count:  482
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/02/1991

I am invincible arent I? :wub:

Is it a bird........?

Super Ziev!! :)

WOO!

I often hear people say that they would love to go back and live through that age again. Not I, God's mercy on me was enough the first time around. Its a wonder that I'm still alive. :)

Know whatcha mean..If I went back there, I wouldn't touch my ex with a 10 foot pole..but then I wouldn't have my 4 beautiful boys! So I'll leave my 20's behind and thank MY Lord that He gave me my boys in that time frame... :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  482
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1991

Ok guys I found something fun to do since I am invincible!(it will prove it!)

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisla...ports-headlines

My new hobby!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

I am in my twenties, a christian, and I still do things that makes my mom shake her head and say "Don't even tell me this- you're going to give me a heartattack".

Usually it involves extreme sports. I'm an adrenaline junky. Most days anyway...lol

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

Wait......

.....are you saying I'm NOT invincible!?! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Wait......

.....are you saying I'm NOT invincible!?! :thumbsup:

I don't know if you are invincible or not, but I do know that your sig line is scriptually incorrect :emot-hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

You're dead right there Inj, teenagers and young people seem to think that they are totally indestructable. I remember as a 16 year old my favourite thing to do was drink as much alcohol as possible and drive as fast as I could along a winding road to see how fast I could take the corners. (In those days there were no emotive advertisements about "drinking and driving" and it was considered more of a joke than anything).

As a teenager I also spent practically all my time being stoned out of my mind on pot, and in those days it was about 10% of the strength or effectiveness that it is today.

When I was at highschool two girls that I knew from school had died in accidents after riding pillion on motorcycles, but that didn't put me off doing the same thing, as fast as possible. I really thought nothing could hurt or kill me.

The problem is that I can see the same attitude in my son. He is worse than I was though, I think. My daughter is "sensible and careful" - not reckless at all, (she takes after my husband).

The big difference is that today, things like driving fast, drinking, smoking marijuana etc. are considered "a really bad societal problem that must be eradicated at all costs", and government is out to make as much money out of the teen thoughts of invincibility, as possible. Also, unlike 35 years ago when I did these things, a young person will gain a "criminal record" that will follow them around for life, and it will cost them thousands of dollars in "fines".

I think that being like this is a normal part of human behaviour and some of us need to "take risks" in order to grow up. I often wonder what sort of a society we will have when the generation that is very young now gets older and is "not allowed" to take even the smallest risk, as it is not PC.

I think that being like this is a normal part of human behaviour and some of us need to "take risks" in order to grow up. I often wonder what sort of a society we will have when the generation that is very young now gets older and is "not allowed" to take even the smallest risk, as it is not PC.

Yes, I agree...Sometimes they have to endure the hardships to learn.

Even as Christians we endure trials but the tests these teenagers put themselves trhough.. is frighteneing. And to think that bravado attitude carries over to the 20's is outrageous..but we have all done it in some form and fashion. :thumbsup: