kittyjo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

It's very obvious what you are saying, forrest, as I and the rest of us here how to read; and you are wrong.

You don't know if I am wrong or not as it relates to prophecy. How do you know whether someone is right or wrong about something that has yet to happen?

Anyway, my question still stands, do you believe that Christianity has a monopoly on good and decent people?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

The utterly topsy-turvy world of the Left is clearly illustrated in this thread. At first I thought Michael Savage's "LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER" was just a humorous, catchy title. But more and more discussions with people who are clearly so detached from reality, the more it reminds me of the time I worked clinically with the Chronically Mentally Ill!

It is NOT just a good title; but a demonstrable FACT: Liberalism is a very severe mental disorder. Some people will grow out of it if they can be led to Christ, but I think some will require deliverance ministry.

I urge all Christians to read the Koran!

Mate, it's common knowledge that these are and were meant for Israel for the following reasons:

1) To show God's judgment on man for turning away from Him

2) To allow Israel to live in the land peacefully

3) To show the seriousness that God wanted to keep Israel as His own

More importantly, it's known that:

1) This was meant for Israel, at that time, and at no other time in history

2) That this law does not stand for Christians

3) That it was directly ordered by God

In the Qu'ran, ALL followers, from the ancient times to the present day, are ordered to kill in the name of Islam.

You're pulling at strings here for a religion you haven't studied.

I understand that, but Muslims use the same type of arguments you just used. I am no expert on Islam (and I don

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Read it already. I suggest everyone read it too.

You cant be an obedient muslim and a moral person at the same time.

To be an "obedient" muslim, you must think of non muslims as apes and pigs unworthy to be alive.

A moral muslim who values all life even the lives of a non muslims is a bad muslim.

Read it already. I suggest everyone read it too.

You cant be an obedient muslim and a moral person at the same time.

To be an "obedient" muslim, you must think of non muslims as apes and pigs unworthy to be alive.

A moral muslim who values all life even the lives of a non muslims is a bad muslim.

Have you personally read the Koran cover to cover, or have you read someone's view of the Koran?

I say this, because right now I am sure there are plenty of radical clerics plucking out verses from the Old Testament that makes Christians look as though we are a violent religion that slaughters infidels, murders women and children, and rapes virgin girls as spoils of war.

I have read a verse here and there out of the Koran, but I have not read it cover to cover. However, I do know that many Muslims claim that Islam is not a religion of war, and I also have known a Muslim or two and that claim that Islam is not a religion of war. Now, I would assume that they would know more about their own religion than we would know about it.

I might add, the fact is, the only religion that I know of that has never advocated violence and that which has never been murderous or used as a call to war is Tibetan Buddhism. I wonder if Tibetan Buddhists think that one cannot be Christian and be a decent and peaceful person.

Read it Cover to cover myself. Have it sitting right here on my desk, next to my Torah and Bible.

I really suggest you read it for yourself before you defend it any longer.

Yes, there are moral people who call themselves muslims but they are NOT obedient to the koran.

Those who are obedient are the ones who kill in the name of allah.

One more thing; the koran also tells muslims to lie to non muslims to get their missions accomplished. The end result justifies the means. It also tells them to lie in wait until they are called upon to be martyred. Sleeper cells ring a bell?

Read it Cover to cover myself. Have it sitting right here on my desk, next to my Torah and Bible.

Yes, there are moral people who call themselves muslims but they are NOT obedient to the koran.

One more thing; the koran also tells muslims to lie to non muslims to get their missions accomplished. The end result justifies the means. It also tells them to lie in wait until they are called upon to be martyred. Sleeper cells ring a bell?

I am not defending Islam, as I think it is a heresy. I am saying that there are plenty of decent and concionable Muslims out there.

I just did a search on the Koran saying Muslims should lie to non Muslims.

Lying is forbidden in Islam except in the cases of a prisoner of war being asked information about the side he is fighting with, a husband keeping good relations with his wife by telling her she's beautiful even on her worst days, and ending a conflict between two people (eg by telling one that the other said good things about him).

The Quran says

I am not defending Islam, as I think it is a heresy. I am saying that there are plenty of decent and concionable Muslims out there.

I just did a search on the Koran saying Muslims should lie to non Muslims.

Lying is forbidden in Islam except in the cases of a prisoner of war being asked information about the side he is fighting with, a husband keeping good relations with his wife by telling her she's beautiful even on her worst days, and ending a conflict between two people (eg by telling one that the other said good things about him).

The Quran says

You must realize that if you live in a muslim nation, you MUST convert to islam or be persecuted and treated like a slave or dog.

Really? That is not the case in Lebanon, nor is it the case in Egypt. Believe it or not, even under Saddam in Iraq, there was a small Christian community and they were not persecuted. Moreover, how do we protect our country from Islam? Do you suggest we trash the constitution and bar muslims from coming here? I don't think that xenophobia is the answer here. If it is, thats going suck because I happen to like Middle Eastern food.

The world is not black and white, it is not all cut and dry. I would be wonderful if we could convert all of Islam to Christianity, but its probably not going to happen. The fact is, there is a billion Muslims in this world. Either we push them all to radical Islam, or we try to bolster moderate muslims.

This is what I think, and you can take it for what its worth. Right now the fundamentalist Muslims are at war with modern society and social liberalism just like fundamentalist Christians are at war with modern society and social liberalism. Now, the difference is that fundamentalist Muslims live in a far more violent and intolerant culture than most fundamentalist Christians. Thus fundamentalist Muslims are far more violent than fundamentalist Christians. Although, a lot of fundamentalist Christians in America do come off as warmongers. Just the same, it is the culture that is the real difference. The Middle East was a violent place long before Islam, and much of it has remained a violent place. However, in areas were violence in intolerance are a cultural norm, like much of sub-saharan Africa, we find that fundamentalist Christians are very violent and murderous as well. So more than anything else, its really the culture.

Now, here is the good news. fundamentalist Christians have been on the losing side of every culture war in history. Society always eventually moves to more tolerance and science and reason always prevails. This may take some time, but it will be true in the Muslim world as well. Tolerance and the modern world is what Radical Islam is at war with, and tolerance and the modern world are exactly what will eventually defeat Radical Islam. It may take another generation or two for this to happen, but at some point you an bet the world will be a more peace and tolerant place than it is today.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  523
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

About Islam from CARM

Investigate Islam

The Religion of Peace

WAR ON TERROR

Chertoff's 'Islam PC' rankles fed officials

DHS chief warns against describing terror as 'Muslim,' emphasizes 'religion of peace'

Link